The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

On 20/01/2023 at 09:15, Bring Your Own Socks said:

According to the manufacturers webpage the hybrid pitch is good for about 100 games per season/year. Doesn’t say anything about minimum use but I don’t suppose many clubs ask that question. 

That made me laugh much more than it probably should have... 🤣

On 18/01/2023 at 09:15, Zanetti said:

I'd like to think we'd at least have the foresight to cover the pitch when it's raining for about 3 weeks straight, which it doesn't appear the SFA bothered doing.

Maybe i'm being daft here, but surely you can't use pitch covers for weeks on end to protect the pitch - you'd kill the grass?

Edited by Todd_is_God

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Maybe i'm being daft here, but surely you can't use pitch covers for weeks on end to protect the pitch - you'd kill the grass?

Fair point - not an expert but yeah sound right. Will stop moaning about Inverness game now. 

30 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

And it still gets cut. And the bigger clubs use sun lamps to grow it with artificial light. Never seen those at Hampden right enough. The guys who sold the pitch at Lesser must be running a sweep by now to see how many weeks it'll be dormant after it's ready-to-play date.

30 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

Fair point - not an expert but yeah sound right. Will stop moaning about Inverness game now. 

Used to be another way to get a game on...personally I think it's something to do with clubs keeping their grass pitch in working order. Firhill being the exception of course.

Football fans help clear snow from Griffin Park pitch - BBC News

On 20/01/2023 at 16:32, Skeletar Spider said:

I can't see a game scheduled for Syngenta on 4th March and Stenny are away to Annan, so in theory our game against Morton should be on the Saturday at Ochilview. But then why can't they commit to that?

Saturday 4th March = East of Scotland League Cup R1.

11 hours ago, mcjameos said:

Thinking of getting my dad home/away shirt for 80th. I've got an Irn Bru one and it comes up small. Not sure of size yet but would guess he normally takes a Large. Can anyone advise what sizing is like on the current shirt? 

I‘d buy one size larger than normal if you’re buying the current kit. Should fit nicely then ( at least mine does)

You have to wonder whether it's time to call a halt to thoughts of playing at Lesser this season and making other arrangements. At least we'd know where we stood. 

We're in the best position we've been in on the park since the mid 1950s, and we have this nonsense detracting from it. 

48 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

You have to wonder whether it's time to call a halt to thoughts of playing at Lesser this season and making other arrangements. At least we'd know where we stood. 

We're in the best position we've been in on the park since the mid 1950s, and we have this nonsense detracting from it. 

3CDF4EF4-16EE-4ABD-AF00-C193CAFAC656.thumb.jpeg.4216addb715e27577047ae3eee96a33e.jpeg

Any day now.

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

image.thumb.jpeg.28afae5eccd629d9d2e1b21945ab8152.jpeg

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Given there are only two scheduled home games after March (one of which is against Dundee) then and can’t see any way we play a game at lesser this season. 

Imagine trying to play a potential promotion decider (Dundee) or possible premiership playoff game(s) at a glorified bus shelter 

3 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

Given there are only two scheduled home games after March (one of which is against Dundee) then and can’t see any way we play a game at lesser this season. 

Imagine trying to play a potential promotion decider (Dundee) or possible premiership playoff game(s) at a glorified bus shelter 

Given the last game against Dundee is a Friday, Ochilview will probably be available.  Given there is a precedent already this season, I'd rather try for Hampden though.

I'm scunnered with it all; truly scunnered.

On 20/01/2023 at 16:32, Skeletar Spider said:

I can't see a game scheduled for Syngenta on 4th March and Stenny are away to Annan, so in theory our game against Morton should be on the Saturday at Ochilview. But then why can't they commit to that?

22 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Saturday 4th March = East of Scotland League Cup R1.

The East of Scotland League Cup 2022-23

First Round     (Saturday 4th March 2023)
Syngenta v Newburgh

Second Round     (Saturday 1st April 2023)
Syngenta/Newburgh v Hawick Royal Albert/Vale of Leithen

10 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

The East of Scotland League Cup 2022-23

First Round     (Saturday 4th March 2023)
Syngenta v Newburgh

Second Round     (Saturday 1st April 2023)
Syngenta/Newburgh v Hawick Royal Albert/Vale of Leithen

Mon, Newburgh; do it for the Queen's.

16 hours ago, lavvyheid said:

Think the majority of QP supporters  be they  members, season ticket holders or supporters are truly scunnered with the whole sorry saga.

I wasn't surprised when the email arrived. I think around October/November I accepted this is us for the season. It's next season that concerns me. We will be the laughing stock if our house isn't in order, make no mistake about it. 

A yawn and a sigh is all the emotion I can muster when QP provide an update these days.