The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

23 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

After that weekend of semi finals this isn’t good news is it.

I've been told by two separate people who know what they're talking about that the sort of grass used at Hampden needs to be played on regularly to get it to "bind" or what the phrase is.

7 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I've been told by two separate people who know what they're talking about that the sort of grass used at Hampden needs to be played on regularly to get it to "bind" or what the phrase is.

So..... They need to find a team who is prepared to play there regularly, possibly whilst their own ground isnt ready 🤔 ..... let me think........ emm, nope no-one comes to mind 🙄

Seen on Twitter that we’ve enquired about Connor shields from Motherwell. Dundee and Doncaster also in for him. Apparently looking to sign for a team that’ll play him up top instead of out wide like he has been at Motherwell

Watched a few Motherwell games over the last couple seasons when my pals had a spare ticket and he’s a very powerful runner but seems to lack a bit technically. Probably a similar narrative people would give to Simon Murray a few years back 

Edited by qpfc

On 19/01/2023 at 07:16, Hampden Diehard said:

Whereas the line previously was that our playing regularly on said surface caused its demise.   

1 hour ago, Skeletar Spider said:

Sitting in on the lesson? I believe Leeann Dempster has a PhD in theoretical stadiums.

From Dempster’s bio….

“Dempster worked in advertising before becoming sales and marketing director for Zoom Airlines for two years.”

Zoom lasted for 2 years. ‘Nuff said.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

On 18/01/2023 at 17:27, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I heard the phrase “future-proof” last week with regard to our media coverage. Turns out the clever folk that know how to plug all those wires in had the foresight a couple of years back to offer a “future proof” solution for both media reporting and real-time in-play information. And two years on, we don’t even have a platform to stand a tripod on. Nor is one planned.

Unfortunately, being future-proof did not make it idiot-proof.  

3 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

Whereas the line previously was that our playing regularly on said surface caused its demise.   

According to the manufacturers webpage the hybrid pitch is good for about 100 games per season/year. Doesn’t say anything about minimum use but I don’t suppose many clubs ask that question. 

I know this is and probably always was a complete non starter but was there any thought given to Queens moving to Cathkin? It’s a much bigger footprint and stands could have been build while still retaining parts of the old terracing, with scope to enlarge if needed.

Historic club resurrects historic stadium.

I understand Lesser has history with the club but it’s not really an ideal solution.

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

I know this is and probably always was a complete non starter but was there any thought given to Queens moving to Cathkin? It’s a much bigger footprint and stands could have been build while still retaining parts of the old terracing, with scope to enlarge if needed.

Historic club resurrects historic stadium.

I understand Lesser has history with the club but it’s not really an ideal solution.

Cathkin - No! We own Lesser therefore no purchase costs. For Cathkin we would have to buy a substantial piece of land from the Council. Then chop down a lot of trees - we had enough grief for taking down an old farmyard barn at Lesser.    

5 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

Cathkin - No! We own Lesser therefore no purchase costs. For Cathkin we would have to buy a substantial piece of land from the Council. Then chop down a lot of trees - we had enough grief for taking down an old farmyard barn at Lesser.    

Aye. No way we could take the local community with us on that one. As you say, building a stadium on a public green space would not go down well. That being the case, it’s probably exactly what we’ll try and do. 

February and March home games announced to be played at Stenhousemuir. February confirmed as Friday night games and March to be played on the weekend of ???????. Bet they are a Friday as well. Utter shambles. Three full seasons away from our own stadium and what have we got to show for it? Possibly the worst stadium in the SPFL which is unfit for the purpose for our ambitions. Please, Dempster and Hunter - just go now. I'll put the lights out - if we have got any.