The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

19 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

well, there's a thing...

image.png.af169e1cbf31cd1fb3aa0d50efa68d4a.png

Non-league mob in a friendly. I’m sure he scored a couple for Young QP. Actually wouldn’t be surprised if he did ok, given that he scored a few with Sligo. Just didn’t get going at all with us. 

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

After that weekend of semi finals this isn’t good news is it.

I'd like to think we'd at least have the foresight to cover the pitch when it's raining for about 3 weeks straight, which it doesn't appear the SFA bothered doing.

3 hours ago, Zanetti said:

I'd like to think we'd at least have the foresight to cover the pitch when it's raining for about 3 weeks straight, which it doesn't appear the SFA bothered doing.

And I hope that, when we do eventually get back to Lesser, we have our own ground staff and are not thinking of paying the SFA to borrow theirs.

Decent article in the (actual) Times today by Michael Grant. Behind paywall - but will try and find a way to share. 

Here’s a snippet…

Queens hear a lot about being Gretna 2.0 and they should brace themselves for more of that if they go up and the media interest skyrockets. They could do with opening up and taking control of the narrative, having been oddly reluctant about allowing interviews and maintaining a useful flow of information this season. They have a compelling story and have been oddly coy about telling it. Some clarity would be especially helpful on the glacial pace of work at Lesser Hampden, the £2.5 million construction of a little football stadium that has made the Sagrada Familia look like a rush job. Their fans still don’t know when they’ll get into it. Umpteen deadlines have come and gone and now it’s going to be March at the earliest. Queen’s next home against Ayr United — live on BBC Scotland on February 3 — will again be in Larbert as they groundshare Ochilview for even longer.

“March at the earliest” isn’t happening either without substantial movement at the north and/or south sides of the stadium. 

My bet would be Stenny for the rest of the season with no formal announcement. Just keep expecting folk to turn up there. The team is getting Leeann Dempster and the committee (whatever their actual function is now) completely out of jail. 

1 minute ago, Anonymous Spider said:

I've written and deleted my reply to that tweet a few times now... you've just got to laugh at this one... 

Just hope Leeann Dempster was sitting in on the lesson about a theoretical stadium. 

39 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Sneaky times behind paywall link: https://archive.ph/wAQkM

Bit of an oxymoron that he teases the club to open up on the info whilst at the same time potrays a fairly accurate and comprehensive picture of events. It’s almost like he watches this thread🤨

I heard the phrase “future-proof” last week with regard to our media coverage. Turns out the clever folk that know how to plug all those wires in had the foresight a couple of years back to offer a “future proof” solution for both media reporting and real-time in-play information. And two years on, we don’t even have a platform to stand a tripod on. Nor is one planned.

The only future I would like proved is that the individuals who were blessed with a golden opportunity to sell Hampden and convert our winnings into a fit-for-purpose, including the near future, football stadium are distanced very far away from the running of our football club. 

Send them to Gretna!