The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Couple of other things came to mind on Saturday. I noticed Cove’s primitive attempt at segregation and wondered how much splitting the East stand for home and away fans will further reduce crowd numbers.

Other thing that came to mind is where is the camera gantry? Pretty certain it won’t be on the west side for numerous reasons. Anyone in the media team able to shine light on that one?

With the east stand being so close to the perimeter wall, They'd maybe have some sort of temporary scaffold gantry put up for tv purposes on the walkway behind the stand.  Would need to be pretty big though. 

1 hour ago, TheHitman said:

Well there you go Owen Coyle Manager of the Month for December.  

With all the talk on here about tying down players like Murray, Fox and Boateng (if he's available) to log term deals, and quite rightly so. 

I'm more worried about losing OC.

The transformation he's brought, to even the existing squad, with 7 of last weekend's starters coming up from L1  let alone the quality players he's brought in to strengthen our weakest areas. In my mind a Hibs or Dundee Utd or Aberdeen who chop and change regularly might come knocking on OC's door.         My only hope is as a local boy, who's been around the block a few times now, he's happy settling back into his hometown Glasgow and with his overseas jaunts behind him and his family also settled, with his son as QP's second team coach. In his post match interviews, he certainly glows with  his admiration for the club, it's history and importantly it's fans He has made a connection for sure.

In a mad mad footballing world with it's revolving doors and crazy sums of money changing hands, I sincerely hope OC has enough in his bank account to allow him the luxury of choosing to work at a club and in an environment he clearly loves.

For me the difference he has made to the football my club plays, and the enjoyment he has brought to the fans, well, no money can buy that.

We've just been lucky so far and let's hope OC thinks the same.

23 minutes ago, QP's in my DNA said:

With all the talk on here about tying down players like Murray, Fox and Boateng (if he's available) to log term deals, and quite rightly so. 

I'm more worried about losing OC.

The transformation he's brought, to even the existing squad, with 7 of last weekend's starters coming up from L1  let alone the quality players he's brought in to strengthen our weakest areas. In my mind a Hibs or Dundee Utd or Aberdeen who chop and change regularly might come knocking on OC's door.         My only hope is as a local boy, who's been around the block a few times now, he's happy settling back into his hometown Glasgow and with his overseas jaunts behind him and his family also settled, with his son as QP's second team coach. In his post match interviews, he certainly glows with  his admiration for the club, it's history and importantly it's fans He has made a connection for sure.

In a mad mad footballing world with it's revolving doors and crazy sums of money changing hands, I sincerely hope OC has enough in his bank account to allow him the luxury of choosing to work at a club and in an environment he clearly loves.

For me the difference he has made to the football my club plays, and the enjoyment he has brought to the fans, well, no money can buy that.

We've just been lucky so far and let's hope OC thinks the same.

I've been thinking this too. He speaks post-match about the journey and process but realistically if a bigger club with the right backing fancy Coyle, he'll be persuaded. 

It would be pretty special for his legacy if he could take a small club into the Prem and compete. I've told myself a few times to prepare for bigger clubs taking interest. The work he's done has been nothing short of excellent. 

3 hours ago, GM1867 said:

Almost a year old, but this is the latest reference I can find to the current development at Lesser Hampden. There's nothing on the club website after the original proposals and a photo gallery of the works being carried out.

https://www.scottishconstructionnow.com/articles/queens-park-secures-permission-for-lesser-hampden-stadium-plan

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Couple of other things came to mind on Saturday. I noticed Cove’s primitive attempt at segregation and wondered how much splitting the East stand for home and away fans will further reduce crowd numbers.

Other thing that came to mind is where is the camera gantry? Pretty certain it won’t be on the west side for numerous reasons. Anyone in the media team able to shine light on that one?

Not only the camera gantry's location is unaccounted for, but what about the "Police Control Box". The police presence is essential these days as they insist on being in direct contact, during games, with whichever security team is on site, the emergency services, plus the ground staff in the event of turnstile malfunction, toilets being inoperable, wee JImmy fell on the ice outside coming in to the turnstiles ( I assume more that one ) etc etc

Where are the ground staff going to be housed with their tractors, trailer, grass cutting equipment, storage for fertilisers, a salt spreader and salt for approach ways and stairs and walkways. if as expected, our wonderfully designed East Stand gets a winter soaking with rain of all seats and walkways, then freezes overnight. Where is the equipment and resources being stored to cope with all rectifying all this.

We have brand new hybrid pitch, which I believe is 80% grass and 20% fibre, it will still need to be cut and rolled, some clubs in summer cut it daily. Where are the piles of grass cuttings going to be stored.

It has been stated that the hybrid pitch can at best be placed on only once a week, so only first team matches then with no other community/club team involvement as at present on Lesser's  astro.

Most clubs have tarpaulin type coverings for the whole pitch in winter to stave off overnight frost, on even astroturf pitches. These are heavy and require being laid before a match and then rolled up and lifted in due time. Where are they to be stored ?

These are items we had no concern with at Hampden as they were the SFA's responsibility.

As for segregation in the new East Stand for home and away fans, is there more that one lavvy ??? Or will we have to share that too, what about the ladies requirements there as well ???

What about the refreshment kiosk, if there is one, will we all be queuing together, this works well at most L2 and some L1 grounds, but with the possibility of attracting the fans of some of the clubs in the  Championships with more toxic elements, how will that all pan out.

It would be nice to think that all these items have been thought out carefully, but given the club's dreadful and selfish decision to construct a "Royal Box" for themselves and their pals, I somehow think most of the above listed will not even have been considered.  

57 minutes ago, QP's in my DNA said:

Not only the camera gantry's location is unaccounted for, but what about the "Police Control Box". The police presence is essential these days as they insist on being in direct contact, during games, with whichever security team is on site, the emergency services, plus the ground staff in the event of turnstile malfunction, toilets being inoperable, wee JImmy fell on the ice outside coming in to the turnstiles ( I assume more that one ) etc etc

Where are the ground staff going to be housed with their tractors, trailer, grass cutting equipment, storage for fertilisers, a salt spreader and salt for approach ways and stairs and walkways. if as expected, our wonderfully designed East Stand gets a winter soaking with rain of all seats and walkways, then freezes overnight. Where is the equipment and resources being stored to cope with all rectifying all this.

We have brand new hybrid pitch, which I believe is 80% grass and 20% fibre, it will still need to be cut and rolled, some clubs in summer cut it daily. Where are the piles of grass cuttings going to be stored.

It has been stated that the hybrid pitch can at best be placed on only once a week, so only first team matches then with no other community/club team involvement as at present on Lesser's  astro.

Most clubs have tarpaulin type coverings for the whole pitch in winter to stave off overnight frost, on even astroturf pitches. These are heavy and require being laid before a match and then rolled up and lifted in due time. Where are they to be stored ?

These are items we had no concern with at Hampden as they were the SFA's responsibility.

As for segregation in the new East Stand for home and away fans, is there more that one lavvy ??? Or will we have to share that too, what about the ladies requirements there as well ???

What about the refreshment kiosk, if there is one, will we all be queuing together, this works well at most L2 and some L1 grounds, but with the possibility of attracting the fans of some of the clubs in the  Championships with more toxic elements, how will that all pan out.

It would be nice to think that all these items have been thought out carefully, but given the club's dreadful and selfish decision to construct a "Royal Box" for themselves and their pals, I somehow think most of the above listed will not even have been considered.  

According to the drawings, there’s toilets at both ends, both male and female, but I flagged a while back about the floor areas for the gents. As you point out it’s very unlikely this pitch will ever have the ladies team on it and as the regular crowds have a tiny percentage, maybe 1-2%, in attendance it seems imbalanced to me. As for a pie hut, or concession stand as it is on the drawing, there’s one at the end of the stand facing the main entry gate on Letherby Drive. The whole stand will share this but it seems impractical to have segregation as the only access to it will be from the walkway at the back of the stand. Away fans will have access to the ground via a temporary gate installed near the other end.

The police room is to be located in the Pavillion. Handy for the bar. Re all the ground maintenance, in the short term the JCB depot which is designated as the South stand will probably suffice until they figure out what’s getting built there. Or maybe over by the hot tub on the west side, although that might make the place look too workmanlike for some. 

In case it was missed on my post-AGM summary, the question was raised about hospitality in the Pavillion and how those punters would transfer to their seats, and back and forth at half-time, and the President confirmed they’ll have to leave the ground, walk down the street and re-enter at the East stand entrance. 

2 hours ago, Northsea80 said:

With the east stand being so close to the perimeter wall, They'd maybe have some sort of temporary scaffold gantry put up for tv purposes on the walkway behind the stand.  Would need to be pretty big though. 

You might be right but as it’s a brand new stand we shouldn’t be having anything temporary. And even if it was, where else would be permanent? 🤷🏻‍♂️

6 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

You don’t rate Murphy? Thought he was doing okay at Annan and getting them into the playoffs. 

Annan had a horrendous start to last season until McMeniman arrived, flew to second place and then chucked it ?

lucky to be in the play offs ( although the keeper won the Ec TIE ) Bombed this season after a maybe luck league cup run. No Murphy not my bag.

29 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

According to the drawings, there’s toilets at both ends, both male and female, but I flagged a while back about the floor areas for the gents. As you point out it’s very unlikely this pitch will ever have the ladies team on it and as the regular crowds have a tiny percentage, maybe 1-2%, in attendance it seems imbalanced to me. As for a pie hut, or concession stand as it is on the drawing, there’s one at the end of the stand facing the main entry gate on Letherby Drive. The whole stand will share this but it seems impractical to have segregation as the only access to it will be from the walkway at the back of the stand. Away fans will have access to the ground via a temporary gate installed near the other end.

The police room is to be located in the Pavillion. Handy for the bar. Re all the ground maintenance, in the short term the JCB depot which is designated as the South stand will probably suffice until they figure out what’s getting built there. Or maybe over by the hot tub on the west side, although that might make the place look too workmanlike for some. 

In case it was missed on my post-AGM summary, the question was raised about hospitality in the Pavillion and how those punters would transfer to their seats, and back and forth at half-time, and the President confirmed they’ll have to leave the ground, walk down the street and re-enter at the East stand entrance. 

There are kiosks/pie huts at both ends of the stand in the latest drawings but as has been pointed out there are many many remaining issues.

Such as that as well as losing some seats for segregration there will also be a minimum requirement for designated media seats as well.

How’s that capacity looking now…

All in all it is neither practical nor safe (most likely) to host Championship football.

3 hours ago, TheHitman said:

And Grant Savoury for Player of the Month too ⚫⚪👏🏻 

Have a sneaky feeling Simon might win the January award…

What a player savoury is btw. I genuinely have the fear that he’ll be away at the end of the season, even if he goes for a fee. What makes him stand out so much outside of his fantastic technical ability is his composure in front of goal. 11 goals in all competitions in January is superb going and come the end of the season, you’d like to think he might even push 20 ? 

At this Level, you get some very good technical players but the aspect that normally holds them back from moving up the ladder is their output in terms of goals and assists. Savoury has it all

Edited by qpfc

19 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

There are kiosks/pie huts at both ends of the stand in the latest drawings but as has been pointed out there are many many remaining issues.

Such as that as well as losing some seats for segregration there will also be a minimum requirement for designated media seats as well.

How’s that capacity looking now…

All in all it is neither practical nor safe (most likely) to host Championship football.

I just wish the club would be upfront with what the larger plans are for the ground -eg.  what's happening at the West Stand/Haughey Hill - surely we're no wasting the best vantage point for the ground with 40 seats! The north end, I accept, is a longer term project but what's the vision? All in all it's disappointing. The original redesign actually looked better than what we currently have.

1_JS163017102jpgarg.jpeg

23 minutes ago, qpfc said:

What a player savoury is btw. I genuinely have the fear that he’ll be away at the end of the season, even if he goes for a fee. What makes him stand out so much outside of his fantastic technical ability is his composure in front of goal. 11 goals in all competitions in January is superb going and come the end of the season, you’d like to think he might even push 20 ? 

At this Level, you get some very good technical players but the aspect that normally holds them back from moving up the ladder is their output in terms of goals and assists. Savoury has it all

His close ball control, work ethic, ability to read the game and as you say goals and assists -  makes him a top creative player, who could certainly player at a higher level. I call him the ‘Scottish Leagues Messi’ 😊