The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

On 03/01/2023 at 22:43, Matt 1867 said:

Never been to an away game with the supporters bus, but keen to get to one soon. All my pals are old firm fans *shocked* so don't know anyone at QP games. Is it worth going on the bus or making my own way up? 

Definitely worth getting the bus up if you're able to for away games. Stops in Clarkston, Mount Florida and the city centre so a few options to make it as easy as possible. And don't be afraid to join in with the dafties (including myself) usually found up the back of the bus if you're keen on making a bit of noise throughout the day.

Think I've enjoyed the social media meltdown from Thistle, and other clubs as well to be fair, fans after our victory on Monday almost as much as the win itself. Stepping up into 1st in the league is shining a light on us, and it's great to see how little folk actually know about what QP are doing but acting like they've already signed off on us entering administration.

Do I have some fears about the future? Of course I do, but I still believe things will come good off the park and it will set us up well in the years to come.

18 hours ago, qpfc said:

Seen on Twitter this pic which shows that Ferrie has made the most saves in the league this season by a fair distance. There were justified question marks placed on him before the season started and I do think he still gets harshly critiqued in some moments during games but he’s proving to be an excellent keeper at this level. Distribution has came on leaps and bounds and his aerial presence is getting there, although still not perfect

583224D7-B99B-495A-A692-8C3786EA7AAE.png

Thought Ferrie had a really good game on Monday, up there with the best I've seen from him and I was really happy to see him get a clean sheet after missing out against Arbroath. Not sure what to make of the fact he's made more saves than any other keeper in the league though, other than that it suggests we're allowing more shots than any other team.

I can't seem to find the stats for the Championship, but in the Premiership it's Ross Laidlaw who's made the most saves with 70, ahead of Kelle Roos on 65 and Craig Gordon on 58. Laidlaw has also faced the most shots (101), compared to Roos, who's faced 65, and Gordon, who's faced 58. If you look down the table, with a couple of exceptions the more saves you make is directly proportionate to the number of shots faced, as you'd expect.

8 hours ago, Dave said:

Definitely worth getting the bus up if you're able to for away games. Stops in Clarkston, Mount Florida and the city centre so a few options to make it as easy as possible. And don't be afraid to join in with the dafties (including myself) usually found up the back of the bus if you're keen on making a bit of noise throughout the day.

Nice one! Yeah, pick up locations are grand for me. Wanted to meet some more people through QP as, although I do enjoy attending games by my own, it's always nice to get to know others and have a good laugh before and after games.

5 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Simon Murray is a man reborn. Those playoffs last season turned him into the player lots of us hoped (probably only a few thought it) he’d be for us. 

Captain. Leader. Goal-Machine. Assister. 

girls don’t like boys…’ 🕷

We need to get him tied down to a new contract ASAP. Give him a 2 year deal 

21 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Nope, but I hope we rest a few for it. League should be the priority now.

I agree that the league should be priority, but can’t escape the reality that this cup represents a genuine chance for us to lift a trophy too. 

If you get promoted, what's the situation going to be with Lesser Hampden? Are you going to play out of there with the small capacity or try to cash in on some games with bigger crowds elsewhere?

I know that sounds daft as you would absolutely want to play at home but will the board want to cash in on games against the Ugly Sisters in particular?

8 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

If you get promoted, what's the situation going to be with Lesser Hampden? Are you going to play out of there with the small capacity or try to cash in on some games with bigger crowds elsewhere?

I know that sounds daft as you would absolutely want to play at home but will the board want to cash in on games against the Ugly Sisters in particular?

Nobody knows lol

Was having a look to see who was the last qp player to score 4 goals in a single game and as far as I’m aware, it was Jamie longworth against Elgin which also finished 6-0 back in January 2012. Next week it’ll have been 11 years ago since that game 

I feel old just typing that