The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 hour ago, GM1867 said:

We've had at least six 'move in' dates so far. Current one is for Feb but I doubt it will happen - still loads to do.

I thought the East Stand was basically finished? A temp stand behind each goal and you're sorted. 

26 minutes ago, Benidorm said:

I think Queen's Park's biggest problem is a lack of self belief from being in this position compared to decades in the lower reaches of the bottom divisions.

This league is absolutely minging. I get the argument of biting off more than you can chew and growing too quickly, especially when the ground situation has been a complete mess, but this league is absolutely there for the taking and Haughey has the finances to get the right couple of players in that the other teams don't. Won't be anywhere near as easy next year as a Ross County type will throw money at it to get out straight away again.

Having gone to see you in the play-off final last year, I'm quite surprised by how well you have done. Queen's Park have had an absolutely incredible few seasons, and you should be seriously contemplating hosting the likes of the Old Firm, Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen later this year. Who would have believed it?

Personally, I would like to see Ayr or Morton promoted, but a club with the history you have gracing the top flight, and with successive promotions is the stuff of fairy tales, given where you have been for the last hundred years...

Awesome stuff yesterday. At half time they’d know they’d   go top if we saw it out. Not always done well in those circumstances so it’s great to see us take care of business. Huge step forward for the development of the team. 

Just a massive shame it wasn’t in the southside. Caught up with loads of mates over Christmas and new year and theres so many   interested in coming along. We’re just determined to put hurdles up. 

Never been to an away game with the supporters bus, but keen to get to one soon. All my pals are old firm fans *shocked* so don't know anyone at QP games. Is it worth going on the bus or making my own way up? 

3 hours ago, Matt 1867 said:

Never been to an away game with the supporters bus, but keen to get to one soon. All my pals are old firm fans *shocked* so don't know anyone at QP games. Is it worth going on the bus or making my own way up? 

I'm not a QP fan, but I would imagine it will be cheaper and convenient, assuming you can easily get to Lesser Hampden, from where the bus departs. I understand it's being subsidised, too. :) 

You're better off not supporting one of the Old Filth, to be honest.

9 hours ago, Matt 1867 said:

If travelling by yourself then the bus is definitely cheaper plus it cuts down on some long drives.

Seen on Twitter this pic which shows that Ferrie has made the most saves in the league this season by a fair distance. There were justified question marks placed on him before the season started and I do think he still gets harshly critiqued in some moments during games but he’s proving to be an excellent keeper at this level. Distribution has came on leaps and bounds and his aerial presence is getting there, although still not perfect

583224D7-B99B-495A-A692-8C3786EA7AAE.png

39 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Seen on Twitter this pic which shows that Ferrie has made the most saves in the league this season by a fair distance. There were justified question marks placed on him before the season started and I do think he still gets harshly critiqued in some moments during games but he’s proving to be an excellent keeper at this level. Distribution has came on leaps and bounds and his aerial presence is getting there, although still not perfect

583224D7-B99B-495A-A692-8C3786EA7AAE.png

Absolutely brilliant shot stopper and his kicks away from goal have improved immensely this season. I still get the heebie jeebies with cross balls or corners though.  That said, I'd still have in goal - he  saved a good few points for us last year.

The fact that he has to make so many saves is something we need to address though.

16 hours ago, GM1867 said:

The fact that he has to make so many saves is something we need to address though.

He has been top of this particular league since the start of the season. Understandably at the start of the season when we are finding our feet we would concede chances and goals. Hopefully the defensive form of recent games continues, we restrict the number of attempts on our goal and Calum has fewer saves to make.

That said, his overall game has come on leaps and bounds. And for someone who has been criticised for not coming off his line for crosses he certainly comes out quickly to the edge of box when the the opposing forward is through on goal.   

His edge of box exhibition of dribbling around a couple of the Thistle forwards on Saturday deserves a mention.