The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Alright, I see our game away at yourselves in February has been moved to the Friday night. I do love some Friday night football.

Just curious if you folks know where the game will be? Ochilview? Lesser? Hampden? 

Not much over a month away and seems unclear, kinda mad.

18 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Alright, I see our game away at yourselves in February has been moved to the Friday night. I do love some Friday night football.

Just curious if you folks know where the game will be? Ochilview? Lesser? Hampden? 

Not sure where it will be, but it won't be at lesser. I presume it will be Ochilview

11 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

and the sacking of the original contractors for, presumably, not doing what they were meant to do to a particular standard, have both increased the headache. 

If the original contractors were sacked for a shortfall in standards then why did the adjudication find in their favour at a very large cost to the club? That suggests that there was nothing wrong with their work. 

The fact they were sacked within days of Leanne Dempster coming in also suggests the problems started with her arrival and there is no sign of them ending. 

Edited by JT1867

8 hours ago, h_w7864 said:

Never mind just realised Stenny are at home to Dumbarton on the Saturday FFS

Does this mean our match on the Friday night will still be at Ochilview or will it be at Hampden (Big One)

Been dipping in and out on the lesser updates (or lack of), just wondering though does the stadium actually look nearly ready?

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

Current requirement for Premiership is Bronze Standard Stadium…which, for capacity, is basically just 500 covered seats.

Bronze level is “places”. Silver level is seats. So they didn’t even need to build a stand, especially as when it started we were talking about upper level of L1 being our aspiration level. I remember clearly our club Secretary at the time demonstrating all the Bronze level requirements 3 years ago. Seems like when she left all the knowledge went with her.

Interestingly, we are apparently close to achieving Elite level at Academy level. This is a gold standard requirement. But as you can see below, the Gold standard for capacity is 6,000 seated. Even if we get every bit of luck going we can’t create 6,000 seats at Lesser. 

image.png

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

1 hour ago, JT1867 said:

If the original contractors were sacked for a shortfall in standards then why did the adjudication find in their favour at a very large cost to the club? That suggests that there was nothing wrong with their work. 

The fact they were sacked within days of Leanne Dempster coming in also suggests the problems started with her arrival and there is no sign of them ending. 

The adjudication figure was £858k. However, given Bell Building Projects had been onsite for several months it’s highly probable they would have had interim payments from their monthly claims. Add in legal costs and staff time to put the information for the adjudicator together and it must have been close to a million. With an original contract price of £1.5m, we’ve paid two thirds of the contract for some demolition work and basic concrete services. Which is probably why there’s nothing in the biscuit tin for the South stand. So you have to ask, where will they find the money for that by the summer if they don’t have it now?

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Does this mean our match on the Friday night will still be at Ochilview or will it be at Hampden (Big One)

I doubt if anyone knows for sure. If it’s solely based on Lesser’s availability, or not, then I’d say Ochilview. For it to be Hampden, unless you can suddenly find another 30,000 fans, it might happen if the BBC put their shoulder into it. I’m sure our Crisis Management team will give it some attention some time before kick-off.

8 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

Is it even feasible that the South Stand could be built in what is a very short close season?

Didn’t sound too  convincing that it would be getting built at all did it 

The President stated it couldn’t be built whilst during the season. Utter bollocks.

If they had all the material lined up and competent contractors waiting at the gate they might do it in the close season. But then if they could achieve that, why has it taken 3 years to get the East stand built? If we made the play-offs and they use their bogus “no work prior to matchdays” rule then very unlikely. And following that logic, we’d need to wait until the following summer.

12 hours ago, AuAl said:

Welcome to our world.

12 hours ago, AuAl said:

The venue for our game against Thistle this coming Monday was confirmed with less than two weeks notice. If I were you I'd just assume it'll be at Ochilview until told otherwise.

Came across an article regarding the development of Lesser.  Here's a couple of photos of the stands that were originally planned - image.thumb.png.68450e2d9023c177a32f833fb4631f86.png

1658424885_LesserHampdenStadiumDevelopmentHolmesMiller2.thumb.png.2ad1c11cb23d8303b8c726a37d497924.png

From 'Scottish Construiction Now' https://www.scottishconstructionnow.com/articles/new-plans-lodged-for-lesser-hampden

"Initial plans for a 1,700-seater stadium were granted planning permissionin December 2019 and included a new East Stand, with a capacity of 812, and extending the West Stand to accommodate 914 people. They also involved new home and away changing rooms, facilities for match officials and an extended clubhouse terrace for 48 people.

However, the club has now pledged to deliver an even bigger and better stadium with new plans featuring “enhanced” facilities when compared to the original design."

So we're going to get something "bigger and better". Good news.

Edited by GM1867

11 hours ago, GM1867 said:

Came across an article regarding the development of Lesser.  Here's a couple of photos of the stands that were originally planned - image.thumb.png.68450e2d9023c177a32f833fb4631f86.png

1658424885_LesserHampdenStadiumDevelopmentHolmesMiller2.thumb.png.2ad1c11cb23d8303b8c726a37d497924.png

From 'Scottish Construiction Now' https://www.scottishconstructionnow.com/articles/new-plans-lodged-for-lesser-hampden

"Initial plans for a 1,700-seater stadium were granted planning permissionin December 2019 and included a new East Stand, with a capacity of 812, and extending the West Stand to accommodate 914 people. They also involved new home and away changing rooms, facilities for match officials and an extended clubhouse terrace for 48 people.

However, the club has now pledged to deliver an even bigger and better stadium with new plans featuring “enhanced” facilities when compared to the original design."

So we're going to get something "bigger and better". Good news.

Yes "good news", but Is there an official target date for completion ?

In the meantime, why not open 3 sides of the ground, and secure the side of the ground where further work is planned. This would reduce costs on hiring other venues for home games.

Have to say this looks like the club giving supporters some real help for the hefty cost in January. All 4 away days for fifty smackeroonis…with staged payments! Works back to £6.25 each way to Dundee, Inverness (twice) and Aberdeen South. Better than the DFS January sale!

All Aboard The Bargain Bus

3 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Have to say this looks like the club giving supporters some real help for the hefty cost in January. All 4 away days for fifty smackeroonis…with staged payments! Works back to £6.25 each way to Dundee, Inverness (twice) and Aberdeen South. Better than the DFS January sale!

All Aboard The Bargain Bus

Also seems that they’re offering the 4 games for £75 for a Adult and Child. Any chance I could pool with someone. Would Really appreciate it

Aaron Healy confirmed now - 4 and a half year deal 

Hell of a contract to give at this level but if he’s brilliant then all the better for us. Sounds a really exciting winger so looking forward to seeing him play 

47 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Aaron Healy confirmed now - 4 and a half year deal 

Hell of a contract to give at this level but if he’s brilliant then all the better for us. Sounds a really exciting winger so looking forward to seeing him play 

Been great for us since coming into the 20s around this time last year and has just got better and better. unplayable at times, gutted to lose him but always knew it would happen sooner rather than later.

Treat him well.