The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

On 05/12/2022 at 07:48, North Terrace Gazza said:

Yip amazing how many people turn up when you hand out free tickets 🤔

Following a club with more supporters gives you a feeling of moral superiority ae? does it bolster your inadequate self? as if you've personally achieved something or done anything of relevance. It's really insecure mate.

9 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Has there been any  chat about the thistle game? Got to be Hampden, aye? 

If only we knew who to chat with about this game.

There was the Thistle Board, before they decided to play the Magnificent 7 card and ride off into the sunset. Which leaves either the rump of a board, the Trust or the Foundation to discuss the arrangements of the game with. 

34 minutes ago, Boris the Spider said:

I think the issue with playing the Thistle game will be the close proximity to both league cup semi-finals at Hampden.

Maybe we should try to move game to Hogmanay. Avoids clash with Old Scum game as well.

Would definitely favour this, if possible. No issue with travel for either side and definite potential for a few more through the gate.

18 minutes ago, JT1867 said:

Went by Lesser today and a couple of turnstiles have been installed at the south east corner. 

Getting there (very) slowly but surely. 

I think you'll be playing there in January, but with a capacity of 1,000 + whatever the Royal Box holds. Will that be enough?

12 hours ago, G_&_T said:

I think you'll be playing there in January, but with a capacity of 1,000 + whatever the Royal Box holds. Will that be enough?

It’ll qualify as a SFA Bronze Standard Ground as (Correct me if I’m wrong) you only need 500 Seats + a Safety Certificate for competing in the Championship. Lesser probably won’t be completed in January so hopefully it’s ready by the start of February

20 hours ago, JT1867 said:

Went by Lesser today and a couple of turnstiles have been installed at the south east corner. 

Getting there (very) slowly but surely. 

I still have my doubts that Lesser will be finished in time for the game on the 2nd of January, but there was some definite progress today compared to last week.

28 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:
I still have my doubts that Lesser will be finished in time for the game on the 2nd of January, but there was some definite progress today compared to last week.

Steelwork will be complete by Monday, then the cladding, which I guess is only a few days' work. There seems to be some brickwork still to do, and the extent of small power and comms isn't clear, but with only about two full weeks'  of short days before the second to get a completion certificate, it looks a bit tight.

I've written to Santa and asked if we can stay at third Hampden until May and give the club enough builders to finish the South stand. Sharing the east stand with away supporters is fraught to say the least, and definitely not the best commercial option. I can also easily see a scenario where some longstanding and loyal QP fans who choose not to have a ST or be members could miss out on a game. Dundee, Morton, Ayr, Raith, Thistle could all easily bring 500 if seats available and Saturday proved that with continued good fortune, 1000 seats for the home fans isn't excessive. Maybe they might even consider making it a terrace rather than seating. Won't be an issue for Planning and the East stand already meets the threshold for the SFA/SPFL. Just a thought, in case anyone's looking for ideas.

These last two games will provide good data for negotiating with the SFA for an extended stay. They will be getting 100% of the catering revenue and possibly a snip of the gate money too. More importantly, they could do better for themselves having Lesser as a resource for big events, both football and entertainment. Also, if we're to believe that yesterday's game was really the "last ever" at Hampden surely our lively commercial manager would have made that the big sales pitch for the day? My guess would be these two games have done enough to agree the Thistle game which with a bit of promo plus Ne'erday, folks of work etc it could easily hit five thousand. 

On 10/12/2022 at 12:43, h_w7864 said:

It’ll qualify as a SFA Bronze Standard Ground as (Correct me if I’m wrong) you only need 500 Seats + a Safety Certificate for competing in the Championship. Lesser probably won’t be completed in January so hopefully it’s ready by the start of February

Bronze level only stipulates covered area, with both standing and seating optional. In this category we actually meet the Silver level.

With regard to the Safety certificate, as below (Available areas) as long as the area is designated Not In Use it's exempt. I don't know of any good reason why they can't continue to build the south stand during the remainder of the season. The integration of the south/east location could be done in any period where we have two weeks between home games. A couple of labourers in the area during matchdays and plenty of spare balls, job done.

image.thumb.png.a751cb3bda3eb0339f3960e0eb7c2578.png

Footnote on the Challenge Cup...the draw is on Tuesday and ties due to be played on either the weekend of 7/8 Jan (when we have Cove at home; why would they want to postpone?) or during the midweek following. I am forever grateful to Hamilton Accies for knocking ICT out of this tournament.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

44 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I've written to Santa and asked if we can stay at third Hampden until May and give the club enough builders to finish the South stand. Sharing the east stand with away supporters is fraught to say the least, and definitely not the best commercial option. I can also easily see a scenario where some longstanding and loyal QP fans who choose not to have a ST or be members could miss out on a game. Dundee, Morton, Ayr, Raith, Thistle could all easily bring 500 if seats available and Saturday proved that with continued good fortune, 1000 seats for the home fans isn't excessive. Maybe they might even consider making it a terrace rather than seating. Won't be an issue for Planning and the East stand already meets the threshold for the SFA/SPFL. Just a thought, in case anyone's looking for ideas.

These last two games will provide good data for negotiating with the SFA for an extended stay. They will be getting 100% of the catering revenue and possibly a snip of the gate money too. More importantly, they could do better for themselves having Lesser as a resource for big events, both football and entertainment. Also, if we're to believe that yesterday's game was really the "last ever" at Hampden surely our lively commercial manager would have made that the big sales pitch for the day? My guess would be these two games have done enough to agree the Thistle game which with a bit of promo plus Ne'erday, folks of work etc it could easily hit five thousand. 

With reasonably priced tickets yesterday we comfortably had a bigger attendance for a challenge cup game vs Montrose than would be available in the East Stand at Lesser Hampden. One small stand for potentially massively important games against teams with big supports of their own is just not feasible (for logistical and possibly even safety reasons)

Should make for an interesting discussion point at the AGM if we ever get round to having one. 11th of December and still no notice of when the meeting will take place .

27 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Footnote on the Challenge Cup...the draw is on Monday and ties due to be played on either the weekend of 7/8 Jan (when we have Cove at home; why would they want to postpone?) or during the midweek following. I am forever grateful to Hamilton Accies for knocking ICT out of this tournament.

Aw come on. What's not to like about 3 trips to Inverness in 2 weeks.