The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

21 hours ago, G_&_T said:

Thanks, @h_w7864

I think Lesser will be quite a smart ground, even if a little small, despite the 'Royal Box' fiasco. I still think there should be terracing behind the goals - and I don't mean safe standing. I think you could accommodate at least 25% more by having terracing.  

A standing area was literally the one request from football supporters. That was promised and then squashed fairly quickly. 

Just now, QPSpider1867 said:

A standing area was literally the one request from football supporters. That was promised and then squashed fairly quickly. 

A terrace would be cheaper than a stand, complete the stadium on all sides, increase capacity, and most importantly, make the faithful QP fans happy!! 

On 28/11/2022 at 13:00, G_&_T said:

Thanks, @h_w7864

I think Lesser will be quite a smart ground, even if a little small, despite the 'Royal Box' fiasco. I still think there should be terracing behind the goals - and I don't mean safe standing. I think you could accommodate at least 25% more by having terracing.  

There are plans for a Stand to be built on the Southside of the Stadium although it’ll probably be made next season. As for the Somerville Drive area, something would probably be put there and it’s probably going to be safe standing

Edited by h_w7864

2 hours ago, h_w7864 said:

There are plans for a Stand to be built on the Southside of the Stadium although it’ll probably be made next season. As for the Somerville Drive area, something would probably put there and it’s probably going to be safe standing

To follow up on an idea mooted previously, of seating above new changing rooms; if this were standing instead - walking out of the Social Club to an elevated terracing area, that would be fun, although might not qualify as safe.   

10 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

To follow up on an idea mooted previously, of seating above new changing rooms; if this were standing instead - walking out of the Social Club to an elevated terracing area, that would be fun, although might not qualify as safe.   

That’s a good idea. I hope there’s a place were people can stand/sit near the Royal box although it’ll probably won’t happen 

6 hours ago, CathcartSkins said:

I think once we get round to adding the seating above the changing rooms access will be from the pavillion so a lot of the seats will be for folk who are in hospitality in the upstairs bar.

Why are teams obsessed with all seater grounds? Totally understand that some had no choice with the previous ludicrous rules but now that those rules don’t exist why not have terraces?

It’s cheaper to build, gives fans a choice and definitely improves the atmosphere.

A nice covered terrace at each end would make Lesser a cracking wee stadium.

Edited by Tattie36

20 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Why are teams obsessed with all seater grounds? Totally understand that some had no choice with the previous ludicrous rules but now that those rules don’t exist why not have terraces?

It’s cheaper to build, gives fans a choice and definitely improves the atmosphere.

A nice covered terrace at each end would make Lesser a cracking wee stadium.

Fancy joining the QP Committee? 

He's no a fxxkin plumber. People have paid to watch. Or am I mis reading this?

Will never understand why folk try to compare footballers to other everyday jobs. It’s never a fair comparison. Also paying to get into a game doesn’t entitle you to anything other than you get to watch a game of football. Hope this helps.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Will never understand why folk try to compare footballers to other everyday jobs. It’s never a fair comparison. Also paying to get into a game doesn’t entitle you to anything other than you get to watch a game of football. Hope this helps.

👏

9 hours ago, Tangled web said:
11 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:
He's 19 years old learning his trade. He gets 10 minutes here and there, relax. 

He's no a fxxkin plumber. People have paid to watch. Or am I mis reading this?

Kenny's started two games for us this season, against Hamilton and Raith (both of which we won, incidentally). In total he's played 315 minutes, the equivalent of three and a half full games. Plus he's 19. I don't think anyone can argue we've seen much to get excited about, but we also don't have a great deal to go on.

By comparison, Scott Williamson has played a total of 719 minutes (the equivalent of eight full games, give or take) in all competitions, having started six games. He's got three goals for us: one against Forfar (currently bottom of League Two) in the pre-season League Cup, a tap-in from seven yards out away to Arbroath and a third against Cliftonville. He's also three years older. I'm not looking to stick the boot in - for what it's worth, I really want to see Williamson do well - but he's had far more opportunities to prove himself and we've seen very little from him.

(We also won 4-0 yesterday, and are two points off the top of the actual Championship, which would suggest we shouldn't be worrying too much about either player. But I'm aware it might look daft saying that after spending so long on this post...)

12 hours ago, Skeletar Spider said:

By comparison, Scott Williamson has played a total of 719 minutes (the equivalent of eight full games, give or take) in all competitions, having started six games. He's got three goals for us: one against Forfar (currently bottom of League Two) in the pre-season League Cup, a tap-in from seven yards out away to Arbroath and a third against Cliftonville. He's also three years older. I'm not looking to stick the boot in - for what it's worth, I really want to see Williamson do well - but he's had far more opportunities to prove himself and we've seen very little from him.

To suggest we’ve seen very little of Williamson is a tad harsh IMO. I’d say he’s adapted to full time football a lot quicker than most fans thought and has actually impacted games unlike Kenny. 3 goals and 3 assists whilst also winning the penalty at home to Cove if I’m not mistaken. From 6 starts, I’d say that’s very good going in my book, averaging a goal contribution every start. I actually think he’s been really unfortunate the last month or 2 with the lack of minutes he’s had. He scored against cliftonville and his minutes on the pitch dropped considerably whilst Kenny stunk out the place with his performances. 

Kenny has played a full season and excelled at a decent enough level at Sligo rovers and has been at Celtic for around a year now. Don’t think it would be unreasonable to have a slightly higher expectation on Kenny. Ultimately he’s been hugely disappointing but the facts are that he’s not a shown a single moment that suggests that he’d be worth keeping past January 

Edited by qpfc