The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Boris the Spider said:

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/crunch-league-game-will-be-friendly-free-ticket-for-members-and-season-tickets/

Excellent initiative. Hope this is a sign of things to come when we get back to Hampden campus. Not so much free tickets (not an option at Lesser obviously) but fans feeling valued.

They've also announced today that the tickets for schools programme will be open to every school in Glasgow for the same game, so between both of these initiatives and the general excitement of being back at Hampden (and the Premiership break) you'd like to think we'll see a very decent crowd!

On 22/11/2022 at 13:41, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Blaming Covid etc. is a smokescreen. Even for those close to the club and the personalities involved, it’s nigh on impossible to establish who has been responsible for what. My keenest observation would be that those mostly involved in the development of football are not those involved in running the club. But even in that, there’s a nuance that says it could be completely the opposite, depending on who is really running the club.

There has also been a policy of distancing going on; we are run by a committee, no board, and many members and supporters had access to these people. That access is now much more contained. The formal access route is almost non-existent now. Communications have been poor. 

The latest example of this was just this week when members were advised that privileges they used to enjoy at Hampden are no longer available, most notably access to the centre stand and private facilities. The reason given was due to other events in the centre stand lounges, hosted by the stadium operators. I’ll boldly predict though that those at the club who will soon be part of the elite, gated-community at Lesser’s West stand will still enjoy the Millennium Lounge and Director’s Box at Hampden, well away from the rest of the fans

If you’ve previously been a Director at a big club, say Celtic or Hibs, having tiered exclusivity is the norm. We have a hardcore support of 500, a third of which travelled to Kirkcaldy on Saturday, so the ratios are very different. Despite the incomers regularly mentioning our club’s great history and that we need to keep the QP ethos, nothing is further from the truth. QP were pioneers, they took the beautiful game to the world and freely shared. Our ethos was inclusiveness and everyone welcome. Now it’s the haves and don’t haves. Just like the rest of British society. 

Which brings us back to the stadium. A succession of poor choices, ignoring good advice from people at the club who cared enough to offer their skills for free, at least two million quid wasted. In any other business heads would have rolled. A dependency has been created that we can’t now do without. That’s why a thousand seats were given up to create 40 really good seats and a lush dining room. It’s bad enough being the haves and have-nots. Now we’ve added in the have-mores.

Ethos my arse!

Just had lunch with my sister who lives in Somerville Drive and while I agree with some of the above, they have just erected the first floodlight pylon, slow but steady progress.

5 hours ago, Dooflick said:

Just had lunch with my sister who lives in Somerville Drive and while I agree with some of the above, they have just erected the first floodlight pylon, slow but steady progress.

Two pylons up on the east side of the ground this afternoon.

4 hours ago, QP MAD said:

Anyone know anything about the new away top we were promised for Christmas yet ?

I was thinking about this this morning. The ‘Spirit of Glasgow’ kit. 
Not seen or heard a peep about it since. Looking forward to seeing what it’s all about. 

7 hours ago, TheHitman said:

Not seen or heard a peep about it since. Looking forward to seeing what it’s all about. 

I would not be surprised if this falls by the wayside; the same supply issues that have affected many clubs this season.

I hope not, as the opportunity next month to get such a top on the Christmas List of every Glasgow school kid is within our grasp. 

12 hours ago, TheHitman said:

Think the kit will debut against Arbroath on the 23th of Dec since it’s the SPFL are encouraging all club to wear their Away/3rd Kit

7 hours ago, h_w7864 said:

Think the kit will debut against Arbroath on the 23th of Dec since it’s the SPFL are encouraging all club to wear their Away/3rd Kit

No chance for people who can only get to home games to see it if that’s the case

On 25/11/2022 at 11:53, h_w7864 said:

Why are they doing that?

Does anybody have any recent pics of Lesser Hampden since the floodlight poles have gone up?

Would have been hard pressed to pick a worse draw than Inverness away in terms of distance and interesting tie. The fact we’re back there the following week puts the cherry on top.

Positive is that it’s winnable, albeit it’ll be a very tough game.