The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Yeah, I'm guessing the padded seats in the middle will be for the hospitality punters. So you're spot on. Why the f**k they didn't make that diddy "VIP" stand bigger to house them is just mental. Especially as the hospitality lounge is going to be in the JB McAlpine upstairs. 

This question came up during the small group meeting in the summer. The Legends lounge is to be used for matchday packages, similar to what was done at Firhill with approx. 100 heads. When asked how these special guests, currently getting the “best seats in the house” would get from the cosy, dry lounge across to the East stand the President genuinely looked puzzled and his best shot was “we could walk them through the south stand”. No cognisance at all that a) the South stand is designated for Away supporters and b) it would take all of the half-time break just to walk back to the club and return to the East stand and  c) there isn’t a South stand!

18 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Was that not just for old firm games? The assumption being attract 30K fans and QP and SFA could split the cash? I thought it was some kind of deal like that for a selection of fixtures. 

Don’t think that one would fly. There’s no reason why we should gain financial advantage over other teams on a game by game basis. There would then be nothing to stop other teams moving to bigger stadiums for these games and the whole thing then becomes a farce. Barring any building work or other disruption, your home ground should be your home ground. We either move back full-time or we don’t at all imo.

5 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

This question came up during the small group meeting in the summer. The Legends lounge is to be used for matchday packages, similar to what was done at Firhill with approx. 100 heads. When asked how these special guests, currently getting the “best seats in the house” would get from the cosy, dry lounge across to the East stand the President genuinely looked puzzled and his best shot was “we could walk them through the south stand”. No cognisance at all that a) the South stand is designated for Away supporters and b) it would take all of the half-time break just to walk back to the club and return to the East stand and  c) there isn’t a South stand!

If only they had, you know built a regular main stand that catered to vip types and regular supporters eh? 

The whole royal box thing makes me really angry and I'm not even a Queens Park fan! Just a local well wisher who see's the club as having massive potential. Also if my daughter shows any interest in going to football, I'd rather she did so at Lesser Hampden. 

15 minutes ago, an86 said:

Don’t think that one would fly. There’s no reason why we should gain financial advantage over other teams on a game by game basis. There would then be nothing to stop other teams moving to bigger stadiums for these games and the whole thing then becomes a farce. Barring any building work or other disruption, your home ground should be your home ground. We either move back full-time or we don’t at all imo.

I can't see us spending how many million on Lesser to move into Hampden. They wanted us out with no favours. I doubt the rumours are true. 

57 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

I can't see us spending how many million on Lesser to move into Hampden. They wanted us out with no favours. I doubt the rumours are true. 

There’s an awful lot about it that doesn’t make sense for sure. There’s also an awful lot about Lesser that doesn’t make sense in the context of the chat about going up to the Premiership. If the Hampden thing happens, it’ll be because of what one man is either bringing to the table/getting in return. That man is the only person with enough clout for the SFA to even acknowledge our existence. 

All this talk of a Hampden return is really starting to annoy me (even more than the Premiership chat)

I really don't want to go back there. And - apart from the rumour about these two games next month when Ochilview isn't available - there is no need to go back there as long as we're no higher than the Championship (let's be honest, that's not happening anytime soon, we're not good enough)

If we can put up a "temporary" North stand while (and after) we build the South Stand then that will be fine for the Championship. 

36 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

All this talk of a Hampden return is really starting to annoy me (even more than the Premiership chat)

I really don't want to go back there. And - apart from the rumour about these two games next month when Ochilview isn't available - there is no need to go back there as long as we're no higher than the Championship (let's be honest, that's not happening anytime soon, we're not good enough)

If we can put up a "temporary" North stand while (and after) we build the South Stand then that will be fine for the Championship. 

From a purely financial viewpoint, contributing to the SFA coffers is a bit of a choker, all things considered.  I’m done with that place too. 

Besides, as an86 implied, it’s just a bigger lounge for Big Jock and chums that’s really needed.

15 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

From a purely financial viewpoint, contributing to the SFA coffers is a bit of a choker, all things considered.  I’m done with that place too. 

Besides, as an86 implied, it’s just a bigger lounge for Big Jock and chums that’s really needed.

Same mob who did the Lesser pitch have installed similar at Hampden, I believe. No idea if the SFA paid for it, or if it was someone else. Talk of some form of redevelopment of Hampden before Euro 2028 as well. GCC have committed funds, if the bid is successful. It’ll almost certainly need private investment, though. 

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/return-to-the-national-stadium/

Looks like we’re going to return back to Hampden Park for our games against Hamilton and Montrose. The club are also planning to open Lesser Hampden by early 2023. Went to Lesser today and spoke to some people working there and they’ve not only brought in more equipment and builders but they’re hoping the East Stand (including other essentials) and the Directors Stand will be completed by the start of December. Some good news there.

Had no desire to go back to Hampden but infintely better than getting bus through to Ochilview .If it is just for a couple of games - at least we can say our goodbyes. However I think the powers that be would love us there on a more permanent basis. Maybe to be used when we play teams with bigger supports.

I welcome the temporary return to Hampden - it was a bitter pill top swallow when covid got in the way of a decent farewell to our old ground. The never ending saga of our move to Lesser is a festering sore and I really hope for a conclusion to this negative chapter in our history.

On another point - The Hampden name is ours!  Lesser should become Hampden and Hampden renamed The National Stadium.