The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

2 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

In the unlikely event we got promoted I doubt it would be deemed suitable/safe for Premiership football.

Pretty sure stadium requirements for the Premiership are the same as the Championship 

Happy to be corrected if I’m wrong 

If the stadium isn’t ready for next season and you get promoted, surely you’d need to find somewhere in Glasgow (or maybe Hamilton at a push) to play 

Being away from the Southside for so long isn’t going to help attract new fans

Ive always thought you could have pretty good potential picking up nee fans from south side communities who maybe don’t have that football background or don’t want to get involved with the baggage around Celtic & RFC

16 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

Good question. What has been approved in terms of planning permission is for 1500 seats (although no building work has begun for the 500 seater stand yet).

In the unlikely event we got promoted I doubt it would be deemed suitable/safe for Premiership football. It definitely wouldn’t be practical that’s for sure. You’d have folk watching from the hill in the Hampden car park, the side street off Somerville drive and various other points that probably have a better view than either of the tiny stands. It’ll be a farce even for “big” Championship games to be honest.

Could you not fire up a reasonably large temporary stand behind the goal? From memory, there is a fairly large space there thst you could put some sort of 1k sized structure there. For games vs St Johnstone, County, United and Livi 2.5k would do. Vs St Mirren, Killie and Motherwell, being local, it might be quite restricting, but workable.

But, would you be able to alternate games with Hampden for the lesser Glagow teams, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs? 

25 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Could you not fire up a reasonably large temporary stand behind the goal? From memory, there is a fairly large space there thst you could put some sort of 1k sized structure there. For games vs St Johnstone, County, United and Livi 2.5k would do. Vs St Mirren, Killie and Motherwell, being local, it might be quite restricting, but workable.

But, would you be able to alternate games with Hampden for the lesser Glagow teams, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs? 

There is a lot of space on the north side yes so I guess a temporary stand in there would be an option. Guesswork is really all we have to go on these days as the only official update we have had on the stadium recently was a brief email stating that there has been “good progress on the cladding”

34 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Cove put up 2 x 800 seat temporary stands, one at each end of Balmoral pretty much overnight pre season. Ok they’re not brilliant but they’re certainly adequate for a season or two, until they see where their medium term future lies.

I think QP have the potential to be looking at being a long-term Championship/occasional Premiership side so should really have been planning for that with the plans for Lesser.

Syngenta are at home to Edinburgh Utd on 12th November, the same day as our game against Caley Thistle, which is 12 days away. Have the club said anything yet about our game being brought forward to the Friday night? They made the announcement about the Dundee game being brought forward to the 28th on 13th October, more than two weeks in advance.

Is Scotty Williamson injured or fell out of favour with the gaffer? Surely he was a better option off the bench than Kenny. 

The game was getting more physical and Dundee were piling on the pressure. Scott can put himself about far better than Kenny as a lone striker. He's so young and lightweight (not his fault) that Dundee won everything in that last 10 minute spell. 

Very confused at that one to be honest. 

5 hours ago, Skeletar Spider said:

Syngenta are at home to Edinburgh Utd on 12th November, the same day as our game against Caley Thistle, which is 12 days away. Have the club said anything yet about our game being brought forward to the Friday night? They made the announcement about the Dundee game being brought forward to the 28th on 13th October, more than two weeks in advance.

👋 to the several club directors who we know read this thread regularly. Any news? 

Edited by Spider Rico

7 hours ago, Skeletar Spider said:

The seats have been in storage since the original contract. There’s heaps still to be done in the east stand, including the main entrance, two toilet blocks and the concession stand. Lights, signage, painting, plumbing yada yada. They can only host a game once Building Control sign off and the SPFL grant their license. 

I’m not a betting man but my best guess would be an AGM, including facility tour for members, is imminent. 

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The seats have been in storage since the original contract. There’s heaps still to be done in the east stand, including the main entrance, two toilet blocks and the concession stand. Lights, signage, painting, plumbing yada yada. They can only host a game once Building Control sign off and the SPFL grant their license. 

I’m not a betting man but my best guess would be an AGM, including facility tour for members, is imminent. 

With how long the East Stand’s taking, any bets when the rest is completed

52 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

I've only just noticed there's no floodlights. There used to be floodlights at Lesser?

Probably will just get new one instead of the ones that were used to be there

8 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

I've only just noticed there's no floodlights. There used to be floodlights at Lesser?

I seem to remember it being mentioned at one of the members meetings that the floodlights were on site and ready to be installed when needed.

We certainly won't be playing any games there till the lights are in place....or the clocks go forward again.

10 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

I'll skip the obvious "...keeping us in the dark..." and move straight on to...

1 hour ago, Ben Reilly said:

I seem to remember it being mentioned at one of the members meetings that the floodlights were on site and ready to be installed when needed.

We certainly won't be playing any games there till the lights are in place....or the clocks go forward again.

....the existing lights are to be moved as part of the revised design due to the pitch relocation and avoiding light pollution to local residents. They were in their original position a week past Saturday. Must have been mid-move when the picture was taken. 

Quite right about the necessity...the lights are part of the SPFL license requirements. Timing could be part of the getting-match-ready conundrum but just as likely they had a crane on-site, perhaps to finish the faux-cladding, and utilised it's capability. Either way, it's progress.

I have it on good authority that the plan is for both us and Syngenta to play at home on Saturday 12th November - their game against Edinburgh Utd kicking off at 1 o'clock, and our game against Caley Thistle kicking off at 5 o'clock. Both clubs have agreed to it, but the league still has to give it the green light.

15 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

I have it on good authority that the plan is for both us and Syngenta to play at home on Saturday 12th November - their game against Edinburgh Utd kicking off at 1 o'clock, and our game against Caley Thistle kicking off at 5 o'clock. Both clubs have agreed to it, but the league still has to give it the green light.

This will be official announced through coded messages in the People’s Friend. 

Well Queens better start thinking of giving refunds to people who have bought season tickets and can’t make games .It’s becoming a joke now .

34 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

Better than a Friday night, but still in no way acceptable to be ten days or so away from a fixture and not have this nailed down. People tend to have things on on Saturday nights, so folk who’ve paid will undoubtedly be missing out. Whole thing is a complete shambles. Once again, the question has to be asked, is Leeann Dempster still at Queen’s Park?