The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

A fairly depressing combination of lies and incompetence. Not seeing any evidence of this changing any time soon. 

Ohh and while I'm ranting - good to see that we're well on track to f**k up the unique opportunity to add to the supporter base by not having Lesser open during the World Cup shut-down. A virtuous cycle indeed... 

23 hours ago, Skeletar Spider said:

Worth pointing out that I emailed the club about becoming a member twice last year, once in July and again in October. I'm still waiting on a reply.

That is disgracefull. E-mail again and address it to Greame Shields, who I believe is the membership secretary, ask him to send you a membership form and then Keith McAlistair will help you sort things out, I think.

8 minutes ago, Northsea80 said:

They’ve painted the lines on the pitch! Noticed that today. A milestone point in the development, ready in time for the league cup fixtures next season.

That's a bit bizarre. The pitch seems to have been ready for months. Why paint it now when the stadium won't be ready for months.

3 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I expect The Hitman to give us a forecast for league positions on Friday night. 

Pressure on then 😅

For what it’s worth, I don’t think we’ll end Friday top, more to do with the fact I think ICT will win. But I didn’t expect the performance at Firhill Saturday - as I’m sure most of us - if not all - didn’t. 

Play with the cohesion, tempo and confidence of Saturday and Dundee will be beaten. In my opinion. 

That's a bit bizarre. The pitch seems to have been ready for months. Why paint it now when the stadium won't be ready for months.

Maybe it’s an optics thing. People might see it and think “oh it can’t be too far away, they’ve painted lines on the pitch”. Previous chat around stadium completion suggested the people in charge didn’t realise people have eyes and could see the place is miles away from completion.

Sunday Post says the Challenge Cup tie against Montrose on  10th Dec will see us back at Hampden 

Is it a one off no mention but does say Lesser not ready till next year  ....................

Perhaps we will get some word from the Club to confirm this story .

3 hours ago, lavvyheid said:

Sunday Post says the Challenge Cup tie against Montrose on  10th Dec will see us back at Hampden 

Is it a one off no mention but does say Lesser not ready till next year  ....................

Most likely, “on brand” method of confirmation will be a Leeann Dempster interview at half time in the Cove game 

7 hours ago, lavvyheid said:

Was that in the printed version? Can’t find it online. Any chance of a link? Asking because I was told on Friday night a club director was claiming we’d be back at Lesser by mid-December. 

6 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Was that in the printed version? Can’t find it online. Any chance of a link? Asking because I was told on Friday night a club director was claiming we’d be back at Lesser by mid-December. 

I couldn't find anything online either but here's a photo of the article:

PXL_20221030_124743378.MP~2.jpg

56 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Well, it is starting to look a wee bit like a football ground...

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

Genuine question. What happens if you get promoted? Surely what’s happening at Lesser is woefully inadequate for your potential.

Would you move games v the old firm, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs to Hampden? Is that even an option?

Good question. What has been approved in terms of planning permission is for 1500 seats (although no building work has begun for the 500 seater stand yet).

In the unlikely event we got promoted I doubt it would be deemed suitable/safe for Premiership football. It definitely wouldn’t be practical that’s for sure. You’d have folk watching from the hill in the Hampden car park, the side street off Somerville drive and various other points that probably have a better view than either of the tiny stands. It’ll be a farce even for “big” Championship games to be honest.

Edited by Spider Rico