The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

Of course now the same kids will have to choose between going to the game or attending the regular Friday night community coaching sessions. That's a shambles.

I'm absolutely done with the people who are supposed to be running our club on our behalf. Dempster aside, wtf are the committee - sorry, directors as they like to be known now -  up to? They've all been involved with the club a lot longer than her and are supposed to know better. What exactly do most of them do now anyway? Absolutely f**k all is the answer. Their privileged status is just a perk for the chocolate teapots these days.

Absolutely this. Not even going tonight. Working all day and can’t be arsed rushing around to then not be back until 11pm. Doesn’t matter, though. They have mine and a couple of hundred more folk’s money. That’s all that matters to them.

I was going to say Dempster needs to come out and explain and apologise. Pointless, though. Why would anyone believe anything that she or the Club President said at this point? Completely taken the fans for mugs. 

November 12  and December 3 when we are scheduled to play Inverness and Hamilton  a quick look at East of Scotland fixtures  shows that Syngenta are down to be at home .

More friday night football perhaps  or will we be back at Lesser by then.

23 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Of course now the same kids will have to choose between going to the game or attending the regular Friday night community coaching sessions. That's a shambles.

I'm absolutely done with the people who are supposed to be running our club on our behalf. Dempster aside, wtf are the committee - sorry, directors as they like to be known now -  up to? They've all been involved with the club a lot longer than her and are supposed to know better. What exactly do most of them do now anyway? Absolutely f**k all is the answer. Their privileged status is just a perk for the chocolate teapots these days.

You’re focussed on the committee. Others on the CEO. it’s one of the frustrating things for me that there has never been a clear picture or statement on who is responsible for what, and I’m sure that’s been intentional. And it all fits for me that neither of them are really calling the shots. It’s not happenchance that, as last year, the AGM hasn’t happened. No doubt because of how complicated the accounts have become but it has also denied any opportunity for Members to have their rightful vote on committee members and office bearers, which is supposed to be a two year rotation.

The current President should have retired in May but has intimated staying on a for third year. If you’re watching the Disney channel version that might seem a noble gesture given the collapsed contract and everything since has been on his watch (although the contract might have been signed by his predecessor) but it seems more likely, especially considering the number of false statements about game dates and AGM cancellations and positioning-statements about how the accounts timetable needs to be changed, that he has been tasked with holding the fort until Lesser is done. After that, I fully expect QPFC to become a different entity. And Ordinary Members won’t be a part of that. The Royal Box will be a cruel reminder to all of us of how we lost our club.

1 minute ago, QP MAD said:

Not a fan of Friday night football can these rearranged games not be played Tuesday/Wednesday…too many people have other things planned for Fridays .

If it was the odd time for TV or exceptional circumstances, it’d be fine. It’s the fact that the club has been utterly dishonest about the terms of the Stenhousemuir agreement that is the thing that annoys me most. I’ll still have a moan if it’s an honest shit circumstance, but it’s forgivable. It’s the disrespect and lies that are unforgivable. 

3 hours ago, QP MAD said:

Not a fan of Friday night football can these rearranged games not be played Tuesday/Wednesday…too many people have other things planned for Fridays .

With 3 clubs involved plus various community initiatives, both Stenny’s own and use for community league fixtures locally, it’s a busy pitch. Important for Stenny and others like them that somebody is paying to use it as often as possible.

it’s another odd event at Lesser, that we’ve installed a hybrid pitch which as I understand it is only to be used for first team matchdays. All the talk of residual income being so important to the club and yet we’ll only use the pitch for a few hours each fortnight.

Embarrassing that the stadiums current state is the sum of two years work. Worms eye view for those in the front row. The stand should have been elevated to some extent, also an extra couple of rows wouldn't have gone a miss. Might have put the project back another season though. Odd that the VIP stand is being zipped up in short order. 

4 minutes ago, Northsea80 said:

Embarrassing that the stadiums current state is the sum of two years work. Worms eye view for those in the front row. The stand should have been elevated to some extent, also an extra couple of rows wouldn't have gone a miss. Might have put the project back another season though. Odd that the VIP stand is being zipped up in short order. 

We had to build within the boundary wall, so very little room for manoeuvre in the east stand. The SFA wouldn't budge on us staying within that "envelope". 

The whole Lesser thing has been a disaster and certainly badly handled in terms of communication, but let's not forget that we've been fecked by the SFA at every turn. Why we can't play in Hampden until Lesser's ready, or even get a farewell game there that the fans can attend, is classic SFA crap. Any other FA in the world would make a bit of effort  to accommodate a club that gave them so much, including a massive stadium and an option to playing at Ibrox or Parkhead. Instead, we have to put up with their schoolboy behaviour.

2 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

We had to build within the boundary wall, so very little room for manoeuvre in the east stand. The SFA wouldn't budge on us staying within that "envelope". 

The whole Lesser thing has been a disaster and certainly badly handled in terms of communication, but let's not forget that we've been fecked by the SFA at every turn. Why we can't play in Hampden until Lesser's ready, or even get a farewell game there that the fans can attend, is classic SFA crap. Any other FA in the world would make a bit of effort  to accommodate a club that gave them so much, including a massive stadium and an option to playing at Ibrox or Parkhead. Instead, we have to put up with their schoolboy behaviour.

They’re dicks, but we signed the daft deal that allowed them to shaft us. Incredibly short sighted stuff from us at that time. 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

They’re dicks, but we signed the daft deal that allowed them to shaft us. Incredibly short sighted stuff from us at that time. 

And missed the opportunity to use what little leverage we had when the SFA requested an extension to the original lease for the Euros. 

That stand looks on a par with the awful looking FC Edinburgh one at Meadowbank. Not been there yet but apparently the views are awful. 

Just don't get why modern stands don't have the elevation that old ones did. Ok, have only 5 or 6 rows of plastic seats, but at least make the front row a few feet off the ground ffs...

21 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

That was the original application which had the pitch in it's original position. When the new design came in, or more precisely the decision to make it a hybrid pitch, that would have been the time to revisit. I think the reason for that not happening is that the structural steel for the East stand had been bought by QP (?) in the original contract. Might have looked okay with the original design but with the brickwork & steel at each end now it will make the final effort look a bit lopsided. Unclear if the safe-standing seats which have been removed will be replaced. Even if it is, still only five rows. Stenny has seven, for context.

On 15/10/2022 at 07:09, Bring Your Own Socks said:

After that, I fully expect QPFC to become a different entity. And Ordinary Members won’t be a part of that. The Royal Box will be a cruel reminder to all of us of how we lost our club.

Interesting - but the Members would have to vote to change the structure of the Club ownership. Would a majority (or a 75% majority - not sure what would be needed for such an extraordinary change) actually vote for that?

55 minutes ago, CTQP1867 said:

Interesting - but the Members would have to vote to change the structure of the Club ownership. Would a majority (or a 75% majority - not sure what would be needed for such an extraordinary change) actually vote for that?

I think change is both inevitable and desirable. Quite what that might look like, I don’t know. We do not need a committee as big as we currently have, whilst we have folk being paid to run the club. Could make an argument that we need a committee to scrutinise the running of the club, but for me that is an argument that has already fallen down.

I became a member when it became apparent what way the wind was blowing and wanted to have my say on going pro. I don’t like the system, though. Feels like an unnecessary tiering of supporters. Having to be seconded etc. feels a wee bit like you’re joining the Larry Graysons. Folk will say nobody has ever been knocked back, but perception wise it’s incredibly backward for a modern football club in 2022.

I’m obviously in favour of fan scrutiny and having a meaningful input within the running of the club. I’d prefer to see that done by taking out what I believe to be an unnecessary tiering of the support and bring the full voice of the support under the QPSA or some similar rebranded fans group. We’d obviously need checks and balances in order to stop it being exploited, of course. I do feel it’d give a broader and more representative voice to the support, which I don’t necessarily think is the case with the membership.

Whether something along the lines of the above, or something else, change has to come. There is no world in which we can continue to elect people to pretend they are running the club. 

Edited by an86

17 minutes ago, an86 said:

We’d obviously need checks and balances in order to stop it being exploited, of course. I do feel it’d give a broader and more representative voice to the support, which I don’t necessarily think is the case with the membership.

But as a club owned by its Members you do have have checks and balances now. Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like you're advocating removing the Membership tier and handing over ownership in its entirety to WH? Or are you advocating a Limited Company share structure - with members being given equity in the Club for their membership? (which isn't really much of a change from now unless WH is allocated a majority of the shares)?

On 13/10/2022 at 16:15, Spider Rico said:

Another day, another home game fixture amendment This time the Dundee game has been brought forward to Friday 28th.

It is absolutely ridiculous now.

Since being told there wouldn’t be any more non-tv Friday games we have had both Arbroath and Dundee moved. Only this week they were listing the Dundee match as one of the games where the child ticket scheme would be in place. Then there also the hospitality and sponsorship situation as well.

They don’t even have the decency to give us an official reason even thought it’s obviously that Syngenta are at home. What a club 

Syngenta v Dalkeith Thistle.

3rd v 1st in EOS Second Division action.