The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

On 07/10/2022 at 21:47, TheHitman said:

I can say this, for the second time this week, win tomorrow and we are TOP OF THE LEAGUE! 

It’s a bit harsh to suggest that clusterfuck yesterday was all down to your forecasting voodoo. Still, just in case there’s any truth in it can I ask you change tact and ask for Arbroath to beat us 6-0 on Friday? Thanks.

7 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

I'd like to say a huge thank you to my kids who took me to Tenement Trail for my birthday yesterday, meaning I enjoyed a great day of beer & live music and preventing me going to Ayr.

You missed a fantastic display of performance art from Eze and Naismith tbf. 

2 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

I'd like to say a huge thank you to my kids who took me to Tenement Trail for my birthday yesterday, meaning I enjoyed a great day of beer & live music and preventing me going to Ayr.

You were not the only one missing our game in Ayr.From my seat in the back row of the stand sitting close to Greame Shields, the only people in the directors box from QP were WH and Gary T and his son. No President, no Treasurer, no ex Treasurer, no the one they call the Doc, and indeed nobody else from the Committee that I could perceive, yet they will expect use to turn up on Friday night at Stenny to support our team, and yes I will be there, but where were they all on Saturday.

2 hours ago, Dooflick said:

You were not the only one missing our game in Ayr.From my seat in the back row of the stand sitting close to Greame Shields, the only people in the directors box from QP were WH and Gary T and his son. No President, no Treasurer, no ex Treasurer, no the one they call the Doc, and indeed nobody else from the Committee that I could perceive, yet they will expect use to turn up on Friday night at Stenny to support our team, and yes I will be there, but where were they all on Saturday.

The guys that I have mentioned are the ones whose names spring easily to mind and I have just remembered two others, who I did not see at Ayr, that pal of Greame's, Gregor and that past President Gerry.Cannot remember the other guys names but did not notice them in the box either.

2 hours ago, Dooflick said:

The guys that I have mentioned are the ones whose names spring easily to mind and I have just remembered two others, who I did not see at Ayr, that pal of Greame's, Gregor and that past President Gerry.Cannot remember the other guys names but did not notice them in the box either.

Was our CEO there?

9 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

It’s a bit harsh to suggest that clusterfuck yesterday was all down to your forecasting voodoo. Still, just in case there’s any truth in it can I ask you change tact and ask for Arbroath to beat us 6-0 on Friday? Thanks.

We go again Friday and a win puts us TOP OF THE LEAGUE! 

😅😅😅

4 hours ago, Dooflick said:

There was some hospitality boxes on the other side…maybe in there?

17 hours ago, an86 said:

371446F8-EDC9-450E-A42A-373D76C1E038.thumb.jpeg.e8a3e23af2d9f10dbca3bccbf768286e.jpeg

Really love to profress my deep care for the community, whilst absolutely seething about not being able to squeeze maximum profit out of people struggling to make ends meet. 

This Bill was passed as an Emergency Legislation and grants Temporary Power to cap prices up until end of March 2023. It may be extended then, but legally at the moment it will be enacted as a Temporary Act. So if Big Jock can build 11,000 homes in six months, get these boys down to Lesser tout suite.

PS: Other materials available too.

PPS: Whilst Harvie has grabbed the headlines, the Bill was Introduced to Parliament by Shona Robison, SNP MSP and Cabinet Secretary for Housing and Social Justice. Harvie isn’t a Cabinet Secretary and therefore has no authority to introduce bills under Emergency Legislation.

PPPS: The bill was passed on a 83-29 majority and included 13 Labour MSPs saying Aye, with the other 9 abstaining. Lord Haughey is a member of The House of Lords and a Knight of The Realm and his designated party at Westminster Palace is Labour. In the football vernacular, bit of an own goal!