The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 minute ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The great Berwick Rangers debate continues 😉

On a different note, and I know you don’t necessarily own a crystal ball, would you think the current Trussonomics mayhem is likely to have an impact on the building game? 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

On a different note, and I know you don’t necessarily own a crystal ball, would you think the current Trussonomics mayhem is likely to have an impact on the building game? 

Unlikely in the short term but for projects in the pipeline, probably if it holds it’s current the-end-is-nigh course. Most obvious short-term impact would be wages and salaries so it depends on contract terms. Sectors will vary, can see housebuilding going down sharply. This would be relevant to our North stand, perhaps.

For our wee fun palace, as our leaders signed off without having a programme of works then there’s no measurement tool or penalty for failure and I wouldn’t be surprised if the contractor tried to squeeze a bit more out of us. I learned a while back that the QS on our team is none other than one of the City businesses.  I also noted that our most recent sponsor, Cruachan Civils, lists only two projects on their books; Lesser Hampden and the new housing project in Crown Street. You know what links both of those? So it’s a tight wee circle and our guys seem to be on the outside. Sorry to say, the normal predictable rules of engagement no longer apply. 

19 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

"And, yes, QP will be here the full season. Their board just don't want to tell their fans. The usual from them."

I would not normally take an interest in such speculation; however, it would not surprise me if this were the case in this instance. A disheartening situation.   

On 26/09/2022 at 10:39, Velvet Donkey said:

Looks like McPake noised him up (after falling on his arse).

Aye this. Cliftonville players were dishing it out when they scored so they were just getting some back. Happens most games, no big deal

On 26/09/2022 at 10:42, Alf Stamp Army said:

Echo that if Carlsberg did away days emoji460.pngemoji3515.png I was lucky enough to be at TNS too scenes at the end there were tremendous but overall a better match day experience at Solitude helped by the social club, friendly locals and the full 90 min QP songbook incl some dodgy new compositions! Guinness assisted yesterday of course but great feelgood factor following the team atm emoji2764.pngemoji7.png

I have to say, in all my years of following the QP, this was up there as one of the most enjoyable away trips of all time (I sadly missed TNS) A great night out in Belfast city centre on Saturday night, followed by a superb day's hospitality at their club (10pm flight home 😫) Second only to the pre-seasons trips to Germany for me.      

16 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

Looks like it’s going be another successful season - away from the Southside! 

It’s just so depressing, we’ve totally fucked the potential we had in building up a bigger fanbase organically. 

Brilliant to see the tickets for primary schools initiative in full swing. You have to feel however the scheme (and it's long-term success) can only be successful if these youngsters see their club as being in their community, at lesser. Not a 45 minute coach away. Get it sorted. 

3 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Confirmed on loan to Stenny for the season. Bit of a knockback for Liam I’d imagine. 

He can do Better than league 2. Thought he would be at Alloa but I guess not

I read another Flying Dutchman has joined our ranks. The highlighted part below is everything that makes me believe QPFC is going to be very different in the future. As someone who did community coaching for a few years I can say with confidence most parents saw the 2 hours on a Saturday morning as a crèche while they did the Big Shop. To go from that culture to this, is incredible. Go Marijn!

image.thumb.png.93332dc165132d7b4f71d05e5272a0bb.png

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/thomas-ruesink-appointed-head-of-childrens-programme/

31 minutes ago, Northsea80 said:

Did the update contain any stadium info? 

Dear Queen's Park Member

On the back of another fine result at the weekend, ahead of the Morton fixture, I will provide an update on some Club matters.

We continue to make good progress on the cladding on the East Stand and the Hospitality Suite. The fitout of the dressing rooms has commenced and the bar furniture for the J B McAlpine Paviliion is expected in the coming weeks. of Lesser Hampden.  Delivery dates for some key materials have yet to be finalised so no firm handover date has been agreed. As soon as delivery plans become clearer, I will update members accordingly.

With the on-going work around the club, it has not been possible to schedule our AGM in September as we had hoped, and I will further update members when I am in a position to do so.

As you are maybe aware, we have using the Lochinch complex to facilitate our first team and academy training programmes. I am pleased to report that these arrangements have now been formalised with the Club securing a long-term lease for the facility. This gives the Club certainty and security for the future training need of the Club. It is our intention to host an open day at Lochinch to allow members the opportunity to view this our new training complex. Detail will be issued in early course.

As always, if anyone would like further information or clarification at this stage, please contact secretary@queensparkfc.co.uk

David Hunter

President