The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

58 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The pitch provides 3 small pitches for youth & community football on Saturday mornings. Long term arrangement. Unsure currently but it used to run up to 1pm

Troo story.

Stenie were playing at home to Rangers back the League 2 days and the Rangers players were impatiently waiting for a kids game to finish and basically being erses, letting their ball interrupt the kids' training. Up walks the groundsman to tell them off and captain Lee Wallace gave it Bobby big baws to him. He came back with, "I don't care who the f**k you are, keep AFF the fuckin' pitch!"

2 hours ago, QP's in my DNA said:

Hope this works for those of us unable to attend in person.

So much for my attempt to dabble with the internet, where others had failed, to find a live link for the game.

Meantime back to the real world, and well done lads over in Belfast in what appeared to be a close run game, even on the Cliftonville Twitter page "Reds by the Minute" it seemed like it was end to end.

Good to win even without using the likes of Murray and Robson at any point. Wasn’t at the game so can’t comment on the performance but going by Twitter, it seemed like the continuous theme of being very good going forward and slightly questionable defensively? Great to see three different attacking players on the scoresheet also 

Big couple of games coming up now which on paper, are real decent opportunities to gain points. Exciting times 

Big thumbs up to the Cliftonville supporters who were a breath of fresh air when after the game came up to the QP fans and were congratulating us and shaking hands.

As to the game -we really need to brush up on our set pieces defensively as this is our Achilles Heel at the moment. Still not happy with Eze who should be imposing himself far more given his physique.

Great to get through what was a potential banana skin but without a sterling performance from Savoury and Thomas it could have been a different result...

Really nice to see Coyle and Thomas recognising the fan’s efforts in their interviews for those that attended the game. Coyle seems to genuinely understand and appreciate lower league supporters which is incredibly refreshing. The overall squad and coaching staff seem a really likeable bunch this season. 

To think I was somewhat underwhelmed when Coyle was first appointed. How wrong was I. Easily the most entertaining Queen’s Park team I’ve watched in a long long time so far 

Edited by qpfc

A quote from the Cliftonville manager after the game:

“We’re disappointed to lose but Queen’s Park are a top side and, if things go according to plan, they’ll be in the Scottish Premiership next season and will be playing against the likes of Celtic and Rangers."

Was that the plan? At the start of the season I would have been delighted if we were to finish in mid-table safety. 

Exciting times indeed.  

Never felt so welcome at any game than I was today. Terrific people at Cliftonville.
And we won! Poor at set pieces but we are devastating moving forward.
These are great days, kids.
Echo that if Carlsberg did away days [emoji460][emoji3515] I was lucky enough to be at TNS too scenes at the end there were tremendous but overall a better match day experience at Solitude helped by the social club, friendly locals and the full 90 min QP songbook incl some dodgy new compositions! Guinness assisted yesterday of course but great feelgood factor following the team atm [emoji2764][emoji7]

Still not happy with Eze who should be imposing himself far more given his physique.

Is he being given more of a pass because he's a big profile signing who OC was heavily invested in? His distribution gives me the fear and he's not been a threat in opposition box either. Our only clean sheet was more to do with Hamilton's failings up front...
On the plus side I've never seen Kilday look sharper and Bannon impresses every time I've seen him in a variety of positions
Lewis Moore was good when he came on too [emoji44]

2 hours ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

Aye credit where it’s due, he gave us an outball when we needed it and his direct running got us into some good positions. Grant Savoury btw. 😍 As others have said, get him tied up on a long term deal now. The boy is class and I can genuinely see us making money from him. 

Can only echo what everyone else has said regarding the setup at Cliftonville, from their social club to their supporters. Made to feel so welcome. A brilliant weekend.

EDIT: Opening sentence is about Lewis Moore. Made and arse of quoting 🙈

Edited by Gall09

9 hours ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

Lewis Moore was good when he came on too

I actually thought he looked fairly promising in his brief appearances in the league cup this season. He’s never a starter for me but I thought he may of got a couple more sub appearances in the league so far. 

Liam Brown not in the squad I noticed. Injured or maybe the rumour of being loaned out is back on again ?