The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

He did indeed HD and I’d expect the starting line-up to reflect that. I’d also expect an experienced bench though. Cliftonville will be a tough opponent, especially at home, and an even game with 25 mins to go needs to be won. 

Correct. Aye changes will be happening, that's a given, but I'd still expect a few of our main men to be starting and the rest on the bench.

I still remember Mark Roberts making nine changes to the team that won the opening game of the season at Stirling and we ended up losing to Celtic Colts. No comparison with the strength of the current squad of course but I wouldn't want to be making wholesale changes tbh. Players also want to play every week to keep momentum going.

I'm also not a fan of wrapping players in cotton wool just in case they get injured. Players can get injured in training. If they are carrying a wee knock or strain then fair enough.   

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

The SPL is deid mate. 1998 - 2013 RIP

Jeez. You leave the country for 20 years, you come back and everything has changed. The leagues are different, SNP are no longer a fringe party and Queens are winning. You'll be telling me next that one of the OF no longer exists! 

1 hour ago, mcjameos said:

Jeez. You leave the country for 20 years, you come back and everything has changed. The leagues are different, SNP are no longer a fringe party and Queens are winning. You'll be telling me next that one of the OF no longer exists! 

You'll never guess what happened the other week there

4 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Any word on our game next week moving to the Fri?  I noticed that Syngenta lot are playing on the Sat, and I'm sure I read they take priority if Stenny are away?

We've been assured by the club that's all been sorted out now and we're playing Saturdays (we must have bunged them eh)

Although it wouldn't be the first time we've been fed bullshit 

Morton game now Tues 4th October

Cove away now Fri 4th November (on TV)

And they’ve also quietly slipped in another Friday night Ochilview special on 14th October

Stenny are at home on Saturday the 15th which makes it all the more laughable that the Club President seemingly told people that there would be no more Friday games other than for TV

Edited by Spider Rico

2 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

And they’ve also quietly slipped in another Friday night Ochilview special on 14th October

Stenny are at home on Saturday the 15th which makes it all the more laughable that the Club President seemingly told people that there would be no more Friday games other than for TV

Yes. Almost as if he was being entirely dishonest. 

3 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

I personally would not believe a word that comes from either our Chief Executive or President's mouths.

Visiting family in Dundee this weekend and out a walk managed to stumble across a young QP team playing against Dundee this evening . Unsure of the age group but was very impressed with the football from QP who looked to play good football compared to a Dundee team who were much bigger physically and just lumped it from what I seen. Hopefully bodes well for the future! 

On 20/09/2022 at 15:27, CALDERON said:

Any word on our game next week moving to the Fri?  I noticed that Syngenta lot are playing on the Sat, and I'm sure I read they take priority if Stenny are away?

That syngenta lot are playing Tweedmouth away on 1st October if thats what weekend you are talking about.

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

Has anyone looked into the possibility of playing both matches on a Saturday when the fixtures clash? It’s a synthetic pitch so that’s not an issue. 1:00 and 4:00 kick offs, quick clean of the changing rooms between games, do a two for one deal on tickets?

The pitch provides 3 small pitches for youth & community football on Saturday mornings. Long term arrangement. Unsure currently but it used to run up to 1pm