The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

On 01/09/2022 at 09:46, mcjameos said:

Thats him confirmed on loan for the season. Think today is the deadline. Any other rumours out there? 

I heard this morning that Liam Brown might be heading out in loan to Alloa. That surprises me if it's true as I thought he would be next in the pecking order if Thompson or Mal are missing, but it came from a someone who would be in the know.

46 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

I heard this morning that Liam Brown might be heading out in loan to Alloa. That surprises me if it's true as I thought he would be next in the pecking order if Thompson or Mal are missing, but it came from a someone who would be in the know.

I just don’t think Brown suits our system in all honesty. I was one of Brown’s biggest fans last season and he is a very talented player but he’s not good enough to be a defensive mid and he’s not got the output to be effective as an attacking mid. I still wouldn’t loan him out in fairness as I still think he can contribute to the team across the season 

If a team like Alloa play to his strengths, then he’ll be terrific for them.

Edited by qpfc

After 3 weeks away I noticed the east stand at lesser now has a roof! Starting to finally come together. Also the directors area opposite has the framework up for what looks like a small office block. Is this going to end up being a tannadice type situation with the boxes/directors area they have right at pitchside?

56 minutes ago, Northsea80 said:

After 3 weeks away I noticed the east stand at lesser now has a roof! Starting to finally come together. Also the directors area opposite has the framework up for what looks like a small office block. Is this going to end up being a tannadice type situation with the boxes/directors area they have right at pitchside?

Aye, you can see it in this picture  - starting to look a wee bit like a football ground

Really pleased with our business for the first window in history, either amateur or professional. Usually closes feeling one or two short. We’ve a strong starting XI and the bench on Saturday was more than decent. Credit to Coyle, Beuker and the recruitment team for their work.

I suspect we’ll probably already know what goalkeeper we’re going for on loan if Ferrie gets injured. That would be the only area of really serious concern. Only those working with Heraghty will know if he’s ready or not.

It’s absolutely mental how all our loanees from last season have somehow ended up playing at a level(s) above the one they were utterly woeful in 

Swindon even paid a fee for Ronan Darcy 

Edited by qpfc

44 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Connor McBride - any good?

44 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Connor McBride, guys what do you know? 

Didn’t shine for us but it’s always difficult to get going when you’re never starting and seldom playing. Decent feet but very light. Maybe another year and some porridge and beans will help him. But when I look at the guys we’ve brought in, he’s nowhere near championship level. If he’s just on loan, don’t expect much.

4 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

We can still sign loanees if they come from a higher level. If Coyle has his eye on someone from the Premiership he’ll need to move someone out to balance the budget. Wondering if that troublesome rascal Muir was involved🤭 Liam needs to be playing at his age. 

17 minutes ago, qpfc said:

It’s absolutely mental how all our loanees from last season have somehow ended up playing at a level(s) above the one they were utterly woeful in 

Swindon even paid a fee for Ronan Darcy 

I actually thought he was one of the better loanees when he played. Connell as well obviously.  Both far from "utterly woeful" 

The rest were pish right enough

3 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

I actually thought he was one of the better loanees when he played. Connell as well obviously.  Both far from "utterly woeful" 

The rest were pish right enough

Outside a screamer against Alloa, Darcy was terrible imo. Started about 4 games and was hooked at half time twice and never lasted more than 60 minutes for the rest of them. 

Aye Connell definitely wasn’t woeful but flattered to deceive so often for me. It was more a generalisation that considering how bad the loans were collectively, for not one of them to be playing at the same or lower level is insane 

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

Connor McBride, guys what do you know? 

I think literally the only thing he did the whole time he was here was a decent bit of play to get the ball to McHugh to set up Murray's winner against Dunfermline. That should buy him at least some credit around Kirkcaldy.

4 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

Coyle obviously has Bannon and Jarrett ahead of him right now and by all accounts David Boeteng can play there as well.  If he's out the picture at the moment then a loan spell will do him good. Still got another year on his contract after this season and I know Beuker rates him highly.