The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

3 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Reading on Twitter that we’re apparently signing David Boateng from Crystal Palace on loan. Right back. 

Any relation to Mal?

Could be the guy who was sitting in the stand with some of our fringe players on Saturday.

Looks like we had a trialist defender playing yesterday against St Mirren, so that could have been him too.

Looks like we’ve got new friends…

The Spiders, who sit third in the current table with 10 points from five fixtures thus far, share some significant history with the Reds, whose founding father John McCredy McAlery invited Queen’s Park to contest the first football match ever staged in Ireland – a 3-2 victory over Caledonians – prior to establishing Cliftonville FC and how fitting it is that next month’s fixture will be played during our anniversary week.

https://cliftonvillefc.net/2022/08/29/trust-issues/

7 hours ago, Anonymous Spider said:

How far in advance are the Friday night TV games announced? We must be in line for an away game being on the box sooner or later? 

Also notice the QP Twitter advising fans not to book travel for the Cliftonville game. TV or Scotland game related wranglings? 

Not sure when the next batch of Friday league games for TV are announced, think the last scheduled one is 9th Sept. So next batch must be soon.

Thinking we could see us away at Ayr on 8th Oct get picked? Or maybe the game at Partick on 22nd October? 

6 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Thinking we could see us away at Ayr on 8th Oct get picked? Or maybe the game at Partick on 22nd October? 

My understanding is that they can only broadcast a maximum of two home games for each team all season. Ayr and Thistle have already hosted one each, so I'm not sure how likely it is that they'll get another that quickly but you never know.

16 hours ago, Zanetti said:

My understanding is that they can only broadcast a maximum of two home games for each team all season. Ayr and Thistle have already hosted one each, so I'm not sure how likely it is that they'll get another that quickly but you never know.

Ah okay, I wasn’t aware of this, so thanks for sharing. 

With that in mind, if we were to be picked for a game in October, I guess the Dundee game looks most likely then. 

38 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

How so? 

Well I'm assuming the TV folk won't want any other fixtures in the same competition to clash with their coverage. Plus our own game might be in with a wee chance of being live on BBC Alba or BBC Northern Ireland on another day. But who the f**k knows eh?  

16 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Well I'm assuming the TV folk won't want any other fixtures in the same competition to clash with their coverage. Plus our own game might be in with a wee chance of being live on BBC Alba or BBC Northern Ireland on another day. But who the f**k knows eh?  

S4C is widely available now but as a Welsh language channel they only cover the Welsh teams. Still think BBC Alba might want this. The SPFL are keen to big it up as a Small Nations tournament. Can’t see the PSNI allowing two big games on a Saturday. Especially with the IBF and mad Kosovans roaming around.

Watching the Ireland game with some Cliftonville fans would be fun😊

On 30/08/2022 at 12:46, qpfc said:

Reading on Twitter that we’re apparently signing David Boateng from Crystal Palace on loan. Right back. 

Thats him confirmed on loan for the season. Think today is the deadline. Any other rumours out there? 

7 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

Thats him confirmed on loan for the season. Think today is the deadline. Any other rumours out there? 

Happy with that signing. Seems highly rated and the Right back position was probably the one area we needed strengthening in. Would be surprised if we bring anyone else in now, I’m really liking the depth throughout the squad and more importantly, the quality of it

45 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Happy with that signing. Seems highly rated and the Right back position was probably the one area we needed strengthening in. Would be surprised if we bring anyone else in now, I’m really liking the depth throughout the squad and more importantly, the quality of it

Completely agree. Got 22-23 or so players now, so good cover and competition for places. And some players’ versatility will be a big bonus when injuries or suspensions happen later into the season. 

Also, gives some of the young team a chance to get some first team experience without all the pressure of having to be dropped in at the deep end - hopefully. 

2 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Completely agree. Got 22-23 or so players now, so good cover and competition for places. And some players’ versatility will be a big bonus when injuries or suspensions happen later into the season. 

Also, gives some of the young team a chance to get some first team experience without all the pressure of having to be dropped in at the deep end - hopefully. 

Would like to see another keeper brought in only 2 keepers is tempting providence re injuries

3 minutes ago, ThreeTownSpider said:

Would like to see another keeper brought in only 2 keepers is tempting providence re injuries

Yes, that’s true. With Heraghty likely to play the Young QP games and then sit on the bench for the first team come the weekend. We are potentially short in that area by head count and perhaps quality if Ferrie was to miss games. 

Not sure what the solution would be though as a young goalie from a Prem team would want game time but can’t see us not sticking with Ferrie as first choice.