The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

10 hours ago, JT1867 said:

Went past Lesser this afternoon and the builders were pouring concrete for the floor at the south east corner, spoke to one of the builders who reckoned there was a couple of months work to get it finished. Also said the east stand has been extended and should have a capacity of around 1200, don't remember that being mentioned before?

There has been a short extension put in between the new larger structure and the original part. You can see the new part if you look at the steel, different shades due to weathering. Original size was around 850 seats so I assumed it was the rounding up to about 1000 in that space. Maybe they squeezed a bit more in by deleting the safe standing system?

Took in the game last night, thinking the likes of Eze and Williamson might play. Very young side. As said, they were all wearing first team names and numbers, so no idea who anyone really was. The Eze guy and Fake Davidson probably the two standouts. Wee left winger was decent as well. Some decent stuff played.

On another note, the need for some sort of temporary seating at Lesser has never been more obvious than last night. Our section was certainly oversubscribed and some away fans in the end sections.
I have no issue with fans getting it up us from their own end or, in exceptional circumstances, the field of play, but away fans jumping up in the home end is asking for bother. There’s an obvious risk for that next Saturday. Away fans who can’t sit are going to need to be accommodated in a separate section, but I suppose you can’t really segregate that.
Don’t know whether it’s maybe best for away fans requiring seats to contact the club direct and make necessary arrangements, but there should be a zero tolerance on random away punters or there is inevitably going to be trouble in the heat of the moment.
Not sure what the situation is with standing up the other end? I’ve seen it happen at Stenny games but unclear as to whether it’s available for us.

You’d think they’ll have some sort of temporary structure up behind the goal at the Somerville Drive end of the ground.
Also with the amount of space behind that one end of the pitch, isn’t there scope for that stand when it’s eventually built being the biggest capacity stand in the ground?

13 hours ago, Northsea80 said:

You’d think they’ll have some sort of temporary structure up behind the goal at the Somerville Drive end of the ground.
Also with the amount of space behind that one end of the pitch, isn’t there scope for that stand when it’s eventually built being the biggest capacity stand in the ground?

I would say so. At least capacity for 1,500 by my reckoning. Probably makes sense to eventually have that as the 'away' stand and have the other 3 sides for home supporters.

Demolish the silly directors stand and move closer to the pitch from the original design and you could get something running the full length of the west side to take the total capacity to a little over the 5k mark

1074820043_Screenshot2022-08-11at12_11_07.thumb.png.4eb69dbe33dd3864688d5d734bf8e8cb.png

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

The North end is a bigger challenge. It’s a great opportunity for either recurring revenue or a land sale. A fourth stand will just be part of it. Agree with it becoming the away end, for several reasons. 

Apart from the waste of space, and revenue, for the Vanity Pavillion the overall product will end up with three sides well designed and integrated and the west side looking like some kind of display board in an architect’s contest. 

Really entertaining evening at the Q And A with the management duo, Dom Thomas and Charlie Fox. Obviously the Ayr game was discussed quite a bit and no one said anything other than what the fans were saying. However,  optimism and positivity was to the fore. The enthusiasm from the four of them for what's happening was great to hear.

5 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Like the look of this one. Bit of steel in the middle of the park and cover in defence. Wonder if we’ll dabble with 3 at the back at any stage…

Whatever gets points on the board. Am sure someone on here said he had been in training photos a week or so ago. If so, would expect him to start on Saturday. 

2 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

Whatever gets points on the board. Am sure someone on here said he had been in training photos a week or so ago. If so, would expect him to start on Saturday. 

He played for Young QP against Hibs on the 2nd, so he's been around the squad for a fair while now.

1 hour ago, Anonymous Spider said:

. Bit of steel in the middle of the park and cover in defence. 

Aye, we are desperately needing a proper defensive midfielder. And let's hope he turns out to be much better than some of the other Under 23 players we've had on loan from down south  

40 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Malachi Boateng is the best footballer in the world 

I thought he did very well to come into that and play with such composure. For me one of the stand outs in an outstanding game.

Murray's pace up front is phenomenal, and he put everything into it for 90 minutes. I agree with a previous poster that his game is more than being the one that gets the goals.

13 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

Talking of armbands, did anyone ever establish why we have changed ours?

The original event in Holland happened, as suggested at the time, due to the historic sensitivities between the Dutch and Germans. Lee Kilday brought the yellow one back and just chose to wear it next game, and it stuck. To be fair to Lee, it seems no-one at the club corrected him or offered the Spielfuhrer armband. At the recent informal meetings it was raised but there didn’t seem much fuss either way about keeping it. A comment was made about the fans connection but no real decision either way on it. Another one for the QPSA methinks.