The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

14 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

Oh ffs. Am not even drunk yet. Sorry mate. Ayr result has really got to me. 

No need to say sorry 😂 

On plus side big derby next week then the best away day in league the week after 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

A much needed reminder surely, that despite a handful of what looks like good summer signings, and a positive result against Utrecht, we are much the same team that finished 28 points behind the League 1 winners. Some of the expectations going into this were baffling. 

Not so much the score-line, but the manner of the defeat is Owen Coyle's first major challenge. Have we got the leaders and fighters on the pitch? Two games in though. I expect results will be all over the place for most teams for a few more fixtures yet.

'Highest level of European football' is great patter, but I'll settle for 8th, and a bit more consolidation and organisation behind the scenes.

Edited by Velvet Donkey

The important thing is that this doesn’t become a pattern of behaviour. It’s clear we can play a bit of football, but you need to scrap as well. As soon as Ayr decided they wanted to do that, we shat it. I’m not talking committing assaults or anything, but get in their faces, leave a wee bit on someone if you have to. Let them know you’re up for the battle. Easiest half of football they’ll ever have had.

Trying not to be too knee jerk because I’ve said all along that this league is going to throw up madness. We’ll lose games we fancy winning and we’ll get results where we’re not really supposed to. Next few games will tell us a lot about the personality of the team. Are they determined not to allow that sort of thing to happen again, or do they go into their shells?

On another note, the need for some sort of temporary seating at Lesser has never been more obvious than last night. Our section was certainly oversubscribed and some away fans in the end sections.

I have no issue with fans getting it up us from their own end or, in exceptional circumstances, the field of play, but away fans jumping up in the home end is asking for bother. There’s an obvious risk for that next Saturday. Away fans who can’t sit are going to need to be accommodated in a separate section, but I suppose you can’t really segregate that.

Don’t know whether it’s maybe best for away fans requiring seats to contact the club direct and make necessary arrangements, but there should be a zero tolerance on random away punters or there is inevitably going to be trouble in the heat of the moment.

Not sure what the situation is with standing up the other end? I’ve seen it happen at Stenny games but unclear as to whether it’s available for us.

On 06/08/2022 at 12:49, an86 said:

On another note, the need for some sort of temporary seating at Lesser has never been more obvious than last night. Our section was certainly oversubscribed and some away fans in the end sections.

I have no issue with fans getting it up us from their own end or, in exceptional circumstances, the field of play, but away fans jumping up in the home end is asking for bother. There’s an obvious risk for that next Saturday. Away fans who can’t sit are going to need to be accommodated in a separate section, but I suppose you can’t really segregate that.

Don’t know whether it’s maybe best for away fans requiring seats to contact the club direct and make necessary arrangements, but there should be a zero tolerance on random away punters or there is inevitably going to be trouble in the heat of the moment.

Not sure what the situation is with standing up the other end? I’ve seen it happen at Stenny games but unclear as to whether it’s available for us.

Away fans should not be in the stand, in this league, at Stenny. If section 5 is meant for away fans, then they must be under very close observation and if misbebaving must be put out of the ground. This of course will need the Police to do this and would only be a small cost compared to the other money being spent by the club.

Not impressed by the substitutions, and to be kind to number 66 he might have been training on his own but he is quite clearly not match fit, should never have been on the park. The Rangers boy  flatters to deceive. 

Our performances so far against the fellow Championship sides have been real Jekyll & Hyde stuff in every game .

Dundee and Hamilton league cup games - poor first halves and deserved to be behind. Second halves the much better team imo.

ICT and Ayr - first halves we were dominant, causing all sorts of problems to the opposition in midfield and attack, could have scored more goals. Second half at Inverness we were under the cosh but still managed to hit on the break. And at least we showed some dig and fight up there to come back with at least a point.

The second half on Friday was just total capitulation. Think Murray had a shot that was well saved but the rest was one way traffic. I've seen us lose quite a few two goal leads over the years but never seen us drop out a game so much.

It can only be a mentality thing that we're not doing it over the 90 minutes. I can accept us not playing well, that happens, but we looked so jittery second half on Friday. We could hardly keep the ball or string more than two passes together. 

Edited by Mick1867

Went past Lesser this afternoon and the builders were pouring concrete for the floor at the south east corner, spoke to one of the builders who reckoned there was a couple of months work to get it finished. Also said the east stand has been extended and should have a capacity of around 1200, don't remember that being mentioned before?