The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

5 hours ago, Ziggy said:

13ft Centre half partnership?

I know we all dream of an Eze Fox centre half partnership but I worry that they wouldn't have given the captain's armband to Kilday if they knew he was going to be on the bench for most of the season. 

Maybe they are going to play Eze as a striker -the Nigerian Ibra!!

image.png.2ed2c35d97fef6e8c1606e916dfec00b.pngimage.png.ee7696db0143674f33009798a5f7978b.png

Edited by Arachnophile

10 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

I know we all dream of an Eze Fox centre half partnership but I worry that they wouldn't have given the captain's armband to Kilday if they knew he was going to be on the bench for most of the season. 

Maybe they are going to play Eze as a striker -the Nigerian Ibra!!

image.png.2ed2c35d97fef6e8c1606e916dfec00b.pngimage.png.ee7696db0143674f33009798a5f7978b.png

Or maybe he's been keeping it warm for the new guy?

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

10 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

I've no idea if Kilday has been made club captain (usually the commitee's choice) or if Coyle just thinks he's the best player to captain us when he's in the team. But we've had club captains before who weren't regulars in the team. Davie Graham in 99/2000 (Paul Martin was team captain) and Sinky in 06/07 (Kettlewell was team captain)  

14 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

I've no idea if Kilday has been made club captain (usually the commitee's choice) or if Coyle just thinks he's the best player to captain us when he's in the team. But we've had club captains before who weren't regulars in the team. Davie Graham in 99/2000 (Paul Martin was team captain) and Sinky in 06/07 (Kettlewell was team captain)  

David Galt a couple of years ago was another one. It was often Grant or Muir that were team captain as Galt didn't start regularly for Mckinnon.

10 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Cannot wait to see the man mountain in action.

Maybe tonight?

The quote from Beuker in the article suggests he's good to go:

"Our Sport Scientist has been in contact with Stephen for some weeks now working on a physical program, so Stephen will be in great shape to make an immediate impact in the team"

2 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

"Our Sport Scientist has been in contact with Stephen for some weeks now working on a physical program, so Stephen will be in great shape to make an immediate impact in the team"

Been watching his youtube highlights. Excited to see the impact he has

3 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Yeah saw that and I’d say he’ll be on the bench tonight, but will probably get a run out. 

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

He's also in the training photos. I'd fling him straight in.

3 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Does anyone have any info on who this is? Did I miss a signing announcement? 

53F709E9-BE73-4E0C-B879-E87BF152CA66.jpeg

Believe it to be Malachi Boateng, been linked with him according to reports on Twitter and he was also spotted in the background of a photo from the game vs Hibs B. Surely a mistake to put a photo of a trialist up at this time though...

(he was also discussed on the latest episode of the Spiders Talk podcast sorry not sorry for this shameless self plug)

Was so up for the Ayr game after todays signing and starting to dream. Dundee, Hamilton, Inverness and Ayr all played without a win. Reality starting to kick in. 

Edited by mcjameos

5 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

Was so up for the Ayr game after todays signing and starting to dream. Dundee, Hamilton, Arbroath and Ayr all played without a win. Reality starting to kick in. 

Think you’re getting us confused with someone mate