The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

It’s a shame it’s buried in a piece about live streaming, but the second last para is unequivocal re Ochilview and getting there.

The main focus of everyone at Queen’s Park is to return home to our southside roots as quickly as possible. We recognise that playing some “home” games at Stenhousemuir is far from ideal, however the club is trying to make a trip to Ochilview as easy as possible with a free bus transport scheme open to all Queen’s Park supporters.”

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/streaming-update-season-2022-23/

We are where we are. Whatever’s happened off the pitch, this playing group still need our support. They looked gutted after Saturday’s game which sends a strong signal to me. Time to get behind our favourites 🏁🏁🏁

Aye, the scenes at FT at Inverness showed a real bond growing between the fans, players and manager (his interview especially) 

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

Who you go two up front with Murray and leave out a midfielder? They linked up well together when he came on v Forfar. I certainly wouldn't leave out any of Savoury, McPake or Thomas (who had his best game so far at Inverness) 

Exciting times though with so many different attacking options.  

I don’t think we can drop Murray. He didn’t score on Saturday, but was involved in the creation of a couple of great chances and got himself into good areas as well. As you say, who does drop out? I think Williamson’s chance will inevitably come, but it doesn’t need to be rushed. Murray knows he can’t dip or there’s a guy taking his jersey. 

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

Who you go two up front with Murray and leave out a midfielder? They linked up well together when he came on v Forfar. I certainly wouldn't leave out any of Savoury, McPake or Thomas (who had his best game so far at Inverness) 

Exciting times though with so many different attacking options.  

Exciting times ok, heard a whisper our big new centre back is signing today.

17 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

Exciting times ok, heard a whisper our big new centre back is signing today.

Already got a man mountain at CB, another and there's no chance anyone is winning a header in the box against the spiders. 

Expecting a new signing before Saturday for us.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 hour ago, an86 said:

I don’t think we can drop Murray. He didn’t score on Saturday, but was involved in the creation of a couple of great chances and got himself into good areas as well. As you say, who does drop out? I think Williamson’s chance will inevitably come, but it doesn’t need to be rushed. Murray knows he can’t dip or there’s a guy taking his jersey. 

Completely agree with you. It’s a squad game, you need 20-23 players who can be called upon to start any game. I can see Williamson and Murray playing a bit more together here and there later in matches and rotating to some extent as the season goes on.

Williamson will definitely start games this season, as it’s good to keep things fresh and reward players training and performances for Young QP etc. 

4 hours ago, Spiders For Life said:

Episode 4 of the podcast now available here
We review our first league game of the season, look ahead to Ayr on Friday and discuss some of the latest signing rumours floating about and how they might impact the starting lineup.

4-0 prediction? What are yous scooping during recording? 

Great podcast again; making my work easier. 

Can't wait for the club to finally tease a signing this afternoon... Only for it to be another 16 year old apprentice instead of the man we're all waiting to be announced.

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/streaming-update-season-2022-23/

Confirmed you're killing overseas streaming.

I suspected you might continue by piggybacking off the pixellot system at Ochilview which is still in use.

I also am doubtful Stenhousemuir can maintain a stream in the long run using pixellot on their own. Which makes me wonder why they aren't getting streams set up to monetise off Syngenta too.

How many streams are Syngenta likely to sell? I'd guess single figures.

You can tell when someone is lucky enough not to have experienced a significant ligament injury. I've torn my ACL and even after surgery the ligament can never be as strong as before. Obviously professional athletes will do an incredible amount of strength and conditioning to every other muscle to compensate, but the ligament itself will always have a weakness.

The common procedure is to remove a string from your hamstring in order to graft the torn parts of the ACL together. So that presents another issue. God knows what they have had to do to someone like Vaughan who has had multiple operations. Can't keep doing that.

There is also the factor of muscle wastage from inactivity, which results in lots of wee niggles that slow down the process. The idea that you can avoid doing your ACL again by doing less football-like training is a fantasy; you need to be doing all the in-match actions in order to get back that level of muscular strength for a professional playing comeback.

I really hope that Vaughan can get to a point where he can continue to play (at any level) without a reoccurrence, I thought he would pack it in after the last one. Great determination on his part. 

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

How many streams are Syngenta likely to sell? I'd guess single figures.

Still worth it. Pixellot have a fixed rate per month no matter your usage. I'd imagine Stenhousemuir's live streams are in single figures as it is. 

It takes minutes to set up an event. Pretty sure it'd be turning down income not to use it and fairly certain EoS and Lowland League won't have the same holdback period in the rules that prevents them from streaming midweek games in the UK and Ireland although I assume the SFA would not consider streaming in the blackout hours as halal.

2 minutes ago, Streets of Raith said:

You can tell when someone is lucky enough not to have experienced a significant ligament injury. I've torn my ACL and even after surgery the ligament can never be as strong as before. Obviously professional athletes will do an incredible amount of strength and conditioning to every other muscle to compensate, but the ligament itself will always have a weakness.

The common procedure is to remove a string from your hamstring in order to graft the torn parts of the ACL together. So that presents another issue. God knows what they have had to do to someone like Vaughan who has had multiple operations. Can't keep doing that.

There is also the factor of muscle wastage from inactivity, which results in lots of wee niggles that slow down the process. The idea that you can avoid doing your ACL again by doing less football-like training is a fantasy; you need to be doing all the in-match actions in order to get back that level of muscular strength for a professional playing comeback.

I really hope that Vaughan can get to a point where he can continue to play (at any level) without a reoccurrence, I thought he would pack it in after the last one. Great determination on his part. 

Great post, agree 100 percent, but wrong thread

3 hours ago, Dave said:

Can't wait for the club to finally tease a signing this afternoon... Only for it to be another 16 year old apprentice instead of the man we're all waiting to be announced.

You were almosr spot on, he's 17 🤣

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/liam-russell-signs-apprentice-contract/

Edited by Ben Reilly

4 hours ago, Streets of Raith said:

Phoenix Nights QOTD on Twitter: ""It really did bring a tear to my japs  eye" #phoenixnights https://t.co/vDVYohtEqZ" / Twitter