The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

19 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

i was having a wee look poke around the internet for info about the Caledonian Stadium which I shall be visiting for the first time on Saturday and came across this...

"The redevelopment in 2004–05 included the construction of two new stands at either end of the ground, which made the stadium all-seater and increased its capacity to over 7,500. These stands were built in 47 days by the Tulloch Construction Company"

Its amazing what you can achieve when you put your mind to it!!

Even Celtic played at Hampden for only a season while Celtic Park was getting rebuilt 

34 minutes ago, Dave said:

Cheers for the further explanation. Sure it won't be the last time we get the wrong end of the proverbial stick but the aim wasn't to accuse you of anything untoward like having our info 😂

As for the picture quality, you obviously have the technical data but through my black & white tinted specs I have to respectfully disagree. As the sadly infamous phrase goes, I've had enough of experts telling me what they think!

Sorry to jump in again after reading this...

https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/article/live-streaming-update-season-20222023

If it is agreed to relax the holdback period - which covers domestic games until midnight at the weekends - you might actually have streaming from Ochilview on Friday nights. So unexpectedly your Friday night games might be the only show in town which is quite neat. I loved our Friday games. Gave me the whole weekend to myself.

No issue with Coyle and the players trying to connect with the fans. Would be a huge mistake for the club to think it changes anything else, though. They need to demonstrate their appreciation, no laughing at the back now, by actually communicating with the supporters about the issues that matter most to to us. Not holding my breath.

Edited by an86

40 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

. I loved our Friday games. Gave me the whole weekend to myself.

Nah a Friday is my night in with the family. Saturday is for getting absolutely trousered with the troops. And Sunday is for waking up on the couch. 

9 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

How?

Quinno was a reserve team coach before the pandemic. It was in the press that he’d left, the club then released a statement flatly denying this shortly afterwards. Unless I’m miles wide of the mark, as frequently happens, it wouldn’t suggest to me that the club have been in contact with him.

7 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Not buying it! Blatant deflection to avoid a midsummer review by the committee/CEO. If Mr Coyle wants to get close with the fans he should encourage his seniors to come out of their cave.

Agree whole heartedly. Wonder if OC knows that the club are charging £95 for kids, against Partick Thistle's £30.

35 minutes ago, an86 said:

Quinno was a reserve team coach before the pandemic. It was in the press that he’d left, the club then released a statement flatly denying this shortly afterwards. Unless I’m miles wide of the mark, as frequently happens, it wouldn’t suggest to me that the club have been in contact with him.

I never noticed the wee emojy reply.

14 hours ago, an86 said:

Yeah, I mean it was Quinno himself who was quoted in the papers saying he had left the club so why would he say that if it wasn't true? The club then rushed out the following statement in an effort to appease supporters who were a bit pissed off that a genuine club legend had left without a single word of tribute. 

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/tony-quinn/

Reading it again it looks like complete bullshit

Of course there are probably good reasons why he might not be able now to coach in a full time environment but, once again, it's about handling it in the correct manner. Are we ever gonna actually start "retaining our core principles and values"  or is that just trite nonsense? 

37 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Yeah, I mean it was Quinno himself who was quoted in the papers saying he had left the club so why would he say that if it wasn't true? The club then rushed out the following statement in an effort to appease supporters who were a bit pissed off that a genuine club legend had left without a single word of tribute. 

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/tony-quinn/

Reading it again it looks like complete bullshit

Of course there are probably good reasons why he might not be able now to coach in a full time environment but, once again, it's about handling it in the correct manner. Are we ever gonna actually start "retaining our core principles and values"  or is that just trite nonsense? 

People working in and around the club, where roles couldn’t be fulfilled during the pandemic, should have had fairly regular contact from either the Chief Exec or President throughout that whole period of time as an act of basic courtesy. If that hasn’t happened, it’s hard to see it as anything other than completely thoughtless. Values are how you act towards other people, not just words. 

13 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Noted that the Strollers (although their not called that anymore) are playing home games at Lochinch Pavillion. Will fans be allowed in?

When did we stop calling the reserves the Strollers? I have a real affection for that name and something that surely costs the club nothing to do? Things like that are important continuity in the new world. 

31 minutes ago, RichRJohnstone said:

When did we stop calling the reserves the Strollers? I have a real affection for that name and something that surely costs the club nothing to do? Things like that are important continuity in the new world. 

Are they now called the Young Queen's Park; the sqaud that will play in a variety of competions (Glw Cup, Reserves League, Reserves Cup) and friendlies.  

31 minutes ago, RichRJohnstone said:

Nobody will ever know when it stopped. In fact it probably never happened. Maybe they forgot to tell the SPFL when registering the club. 
image.thumb.png.d9b1a40bc77d74cce89dd6d3d8590e38.png

12 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

Are they now called the Young Queen's Park; the sqaud that will play in a variety of competions (Glw Cup, Reserves League, Reserves Cup) and friendlies.  

I think the Young team will be part of the SFA Club Academy set-up, albeit some of them will play in the Reserves. There’s only nine Reserve fixtures scheduled but it’s a good stepping stone between Academy and first team levels. It’s been missing last two years because of CoVId.

image.thumb.png.15f815f7bff0e79c4b399f9bb48bc1a8.png

On 20/07/2022 at 15:00, williebraveheart said:

Against my better judgement I bought a Season Ticket as I got carried away with the thought of seeing us in the Championship. I cannot make Friday evenings and have e-mailed the Club for a refund. There are avenues for them to alleviate the damage done by offering refunds for each Friday game or cancelling altogether and offering a "Lesser Only" ticket when/if we move back this season but flexibility and QP do not go together. The point about public transport on a Friday evening is extremely valid. I do think it important that as many people as possible contact the club with their thoughts on this whether they can attend or not. The principle makes it quite sickening to be treated like this. I fear they are on the cusp of losing me for ever as I cannot support any company treating its paying customers in this way.

Season Ticket refunded without question.

On 25/07/2022 at 20:38, an86 said:

What an absolute shambles B teams are. Imagine trying to make a case that Connor Smith playing for a boys club against a podcast was going to develop him as a footballer. 

Looks like Connor is staying...

"Several younger members of the Hearts squad can expect a hybrid role between the first team and B team this season. Connor Smith, Finlay Pollock and even recent signing Lewis Neilson all come into that category.

“We have a few players who will be in between the B team and first team,” continued Neilson. “Connor Smith got three goals at the weekend so that's great for him, Finlay Pollock was suspended so that's why he was involved with us against Stoke."

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-reveal-goalkeeping-plan-and-hybrid-roles-for-some-players-as-they-await-new-signings-3784011