The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

15 minutes ago, an86 said:

Early days for Williamson, but the real positive about him is that he actually looks like he believes he’s going to score when he’s bearing down on goal. How often have we seen guys who have too much time to think about it and hit it straight at the keeper?

He came on as a sub in all 4 League Cup games, playing a total of 89 minutes and got 1 goal & 1 assist. 

Add that to his 2 goals yesterday and its tempting to get a little excited.

24 minutes ago, an86 said:

Early days for Williamson, but the real positive about him is that he actually looks like he believes he’s going to score when he’s bearing down on goal. How often have we seen guys who have too much time to think about it and hit it straight at the keeper?

He reminds me of Jamie Longworth

i was having a wee look poke around the internet for info about the Caledonian Stadium which I shall be visiting for the first time on Saturday and came across this...

"The redevelopment in 2004–05 included the construction of two new stands at either end of the ground, which made the stadium all-seater and increased its capacity to over 7,500. These stands were built in 47 days by the Tulloch Construction Company"

Its amazing what you can achieve when you put your mind to it!!

1 hour ago, Arachnophile said:

i was having a wee look poke around the internet for info about the Caledonian Stadium which I shall be visiting for the first time on Saturday and came across this...

"The redevelopment in 2004–05 included the construction of two new stands at either end of the ground, which made the stadium all-seater and increased its capacity to over 7,500. These stands were built in 47 days by the Tulloch Construction Company"

Its amazing what you can achieve when you put your mind to it!!

For the sake of your mental health, stop.

Looking at other stadium builds for comparisons is depressing. I've even stopped walking by Lesser - seeing little progress is saddening.  

Especially when there is so much positivity on the park following the recent performances, of all the teams.  

6 hours ago, Zanetti said:

It would be an an absolute travesty if Connor Smith ended up playing Lowland League football this season. I'm not sure how the system works in terms of players going back and forward between the "colts" and the first team, but for his sake I really hope this was just to get him some game time. 

Brody Paterson was playing for the B team last season before going on loan to Airdrie. Let’s hope we see Smith back here if he’s not around the Hearts first team. 

8 hours ago, Zanetti said:

It would be an an absolute travesty if Connor Smith ended up playing Lowland League football this season. I'm not sure how the system works in terms of players going back and forward between the "colts" and the first team, but for his sake I really hope this was just to get him some game time. 

Surely that’s an early indication of where hearts have Smith in the pecking order ? Coyle should be phoning down hearts right now to get him back on loan. He’d absolutely start in our current team 

Edited by qpfc

7 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Surely that’s an early indication of where hearts have Smith in the pecking order ? Coyle should be phoning down hearts right now to get him back on loan. He’d absolutely start in our current team 

Completely agree. I know he's a Hearts player and they can afford the luxury of playing him in the B team if they so wish but he'll get far better experience playing in the Championship on loan. 

Heard Euan Henderson was playing too. Another that would easily get a club at this level. 

Both were on my list of possible loan targets. Heard Neilson saying Euan won't be out on loan at all this season, not sure about the plans for Connor. If the Spiders are interested he won't come to us.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

16 minutes ago, an86 said:

What an absolute shambles B teams are. Imagine trying to make a case that Connor Smith playing for a boys club against a podcast was going to develop him as a footballer. 

Tbf they’ll be one of the better teams this season. But the B team things stupid. I think it’ll just be to give them a game and he will go out on loan this week, always thought Connor like his brother was just a bit too powderpuff for Championship level though

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Tbf they’ll be one of the better teams this season. But the B team things stupid. I think it’ll just be to give them a game and he will go out on loan this week, always thought Connor like his brother was just a bit too powderpuff for Championship level though

I felt he flattered to deceive a wee bit at times, but I suppose inconsistency is to be expected of a 20 year old wide player. Would certainly give us another option and wouldn’t be against him coming back.

On 22/07/2022 at 06:13, Zanetti said:

To celebrate the first episode of the Spiders Talk Podcast hitting 200 downloads (cheers for the support!), we've just gone and uploaded a second.

This week we talk about a couple of transfer rumours, the loss to Dundee, Friday night football at Ochilview, and give our thoughts on the Hamilton match tomorrow.

https://linktr.ee/spiderstalk

I'm afraid you've kinda misquoted me. I've got our numbers, not yours. Also your stream was not the best picture quality 😅

12 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

He had some decent games, never outstanding, but was definitely a bit light. Wasn't often you could say Smith was the game changer. Might be why they’ve put him in the Lowland for a bit. If he is getting shaped for a loan I’d imagine Hearts want him playing as much as possible, not just a squad player. It also sends the wrong message to all the young lads we’ve just signed. As a club, it’s part of our dna to bring them through and Coyle has mentioned it several times already. It’s one thing bringing in seasoned first-team players but not just another 20 year old with potential. 

This will be a tricky season for us. It’s the first full year our transition programme will have it’s full energy since we went pro. It’s going to be a tightrope for Coyle and Beuker, constantly assessing development for the long-term against performance for our league position. 

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

I'm afraid you've kinda misquoted me. I've got our numbers, not yours. Also your stream was not the best picture quality 😅

I think when you said this...

"Queen's Park were one of the well-bought streams last year and there was enough to make a small profit from those that bought abroad. "

it was reasonable to assume that you had access to our figures - otherwise how would you know?

7 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

I think when you said this...

"Queen's Park were one of the well-bought streams last year and there was enough to make a small profit from those that bought abroad. "

it was reasonable to assume that you had access to our figures - otherwise how would you know?

It sounds like I know how much money you made from your stream. I don't know that. 

I've got our figures because I run Alloa's stream against Queen's Park which obviously is bought by Queen's park fans mainly. For the record you were the 3rd highest income team behind Airdrieonians and Falkirk. To put the numbers into perspective though I only need one person to buy abroad per game to make a profit. I priced our away streams at £6 per game last year. We charged £18 for the domestically streamed games. The Falkirk game was the largest and was streamed to 19 countries.

Also, saying that your stream was the best picture quality and best in the league. We both had 1080p - We had 50 frames per second, I'm not sure yours may have been the same but... the biggest issue is your stream ran with a bitrate that wasn't really enough to avoid compression artifacts. We ran our stream last year about 2.5x your bitrate something that wasn't possible without spending alot more money on your platform which is why one of the main reasons I made my own instead of using Dunfermline's.

Edited by LeodhasXD

1 minute ago, LeodhasXD said:

It sounds like I know how much money you made from your stream. I don't know that. 

I've got our figures because I run Alloa's stream against Queen's Park which obviously is bought by Queen's park fans mainly. For the record you were the 3rd highest income team behind Airdrieonians and Falkirk. To put the numbers into perspective though I only need one person to buy abroad per game to make a profit. I priced our away streams at £6 per game last year. We charged £18 for the domestically streamed games. The Falkirk game was the largest and was streamed to 19 countries.

Wow - imagine paying money to watch Falkirk!!

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Also, saying that your stream was the best picture quality and best in the league. We both had 1080p - We had 50 frames per second, I'm not sure yours may have been the same but... the biggest issue is your stream ran with a bitrate that wasn't really enough to avoid compression artifacts. We ran our stream last year about 2.5x your bitrate something that wasn't possible without spending alot more money on your platform which is why one of the main reasons I made my own instead of using Dunfermline's.

Cheers for the further explanation. Sure it won't be the last time we get the wrong end of the proverbial stick but the aim wasn't to accuse you of anything untoward like having our info 😂

As for the picture quality, you obviously have the technical data but through my black & white tinted specs I have to respectfully disagree. As the sadly infamous phrase goes, I've had enough of experts telling me what they think!

3 minutes ago, Dave said:

Cheers for the further explanation. Sure it won't be the last time we get the wrong end of the proverbial stick but the aim wasn't to accuse you of anything untoward like having our info 😂

As for the picture quality, you obviously have the technical data but through my black & white tinted specs I have to respectfully disagree. As the sadly infamous phrase goes, I've had enough of experts telling me what they think!

Forgot to add, your camera has a smaller sensor than ours too.  Bigger sensor = better picture. 😉

Right I'm retiring from I told you so's. I've got too many people in my crosshairs. 😂