The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Arrogant fucks. Presumably not an official site but you never know with them.

They're quite right that they shouldn't be losing to QP. They don't exist. They are some Frankenstein's monster masquerading as a dead club.

32 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

More to the point, pre season game or not, our league winning side for two years in a row shouldn't be losing three goals to Rangers.😉

If you notice in the report no mention of who scored for us.well except for one which was scored by a player who had been released by Rangers, and no queens team listed.It would be nice if the club gave the results of all our teams on a weekly basis when the season gets underway

9 minutes ago, ThreeTownSpider said:

If you notice in the report no mention of who scored for us.well except for one which was scored by a player who had been released by Rangers, and no queens team listed.It would be nice if the club gave the results of all our teams on a weekly basis when the season gets underway

I agree, hopefully we'll get more information pre game too so that we have the option to go along and watch some games.

I won't hold my breath though 😔

According to Twitter we lost 3-2 to a ridiculously strong Rangers B team today. No idea of what happened in the game at this point other than the full time score.

IMG-20220724-WA0064.jpg

Scott Williamson with a double against rangers. The guy is a natural goalscorer, would love to see him given a start up top with Murray on Saturday. Been really impressed with him in the limited minutes I’ve seen of him 

11 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Scott Williamson with a double against rangers. The guy is a natural goalscorer, would love to see him given a start up top with Murray on Saturday. Been really impressed with him in the limited minutes I’ve seen of him 

Match report from The Rangers

https://www.rangers.co.uk/article/report-rangers-3-2-queens-park/371Xrrsqtqh68gdQo3bLpB

9 hours ago, ThreeTownSpider said:

9 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

I agree, hopefully we'll get more information pre game too so that we have the option to go along and watch some games.

To be fair, there is now a match report and audio interview with Coyle Jnr on our website following today's Young QP game against Rangers.

The interview mentions an upcoming midweek game against Burnley u18's. Hopefully there's a bit of coverage given to that game too.

Edited by Ben Reilly

Think our young sides have done well against those Rangers sides this weekend. Sure we’ll see a few more make that break through from Young QP to first team at points this season. If you’re good enough, you’re old enough…

Agree with the comments hoping we get good pre and post match coverage of the Young QP team for the season. Hope it’ll be the same for the QP Women’s team for their season in the SWPL2 too and the U18’s/academy too.

All Queens teams together🕷 

Think Williamson is going to play a key role this season, off the bench initially. But maybe as a starter before long.
Every appearance so far this season, he’s been lively, harassing defenders and putting them under pressure with his running and movement. Good to know that we have options up top. 

Edited by TheHitman

16 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Arrogant fucks. Presumably not an official site but you never know with them.

10 hours ago, ThreeTownSpider said:

10 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

The blog is written by a fan who goes to watch youth games, it's nothing to do with the club. He's only going to know the opposition players if he already knows them or if he's given a team sheet by the club. 

No need to get so worked up about it, settle yourselves down.

9 hours ago, Super_A said:

The blog is written by a fan who goes to watch youth games, it's nothing to do with the club. He's only going to know the opposition players if he already knows them or if he's given a team sheet by the club. 

No need to get so worked up about it, settle yourselves down.

The second and third posts you quoted were aimed more at QP than Rangers. I wouldn’t expect any club to offer too much on youth team opponents; our match reports are the same, and they’re written by the club.

We also had a goal disallowed on Saturday which was questionable and if stood, would have given us the ticket in the draw that had QoS on it. Just missed out on that Original Glasgow Derby thing. Pity!

17 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

Indeed - you'd think the Club might have mentioned it - what with all the emphasis on youth.

In Holland, it’s common to have their youth set-ups identified as a stand-alone team, taking the club name with ‘Jong’ in front of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jong_AZ

Unfortunately, in the West of Scotland a young team has a different meaning. Every time I read Young Queen’s Park the words “ya bass” keep popping into my head.

3 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

I see Connor Smith got a hat trick for Hearts B in their first lowland league game on Saturday.

And Bob McHugh got on the scoresheet for EK 

It would be an an absolute travesty if Connor Smith ended up playing Lowland League football this season. I'm not sure how the system works in terms of players going back and forward between the "colts" and the first team, but for his sake I really hope this was just to get him some game time. 

18 hours ago, qpfc said:

Bit of an unconventional platform for it, but here are the highlights on TikTok:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMNC3nkw5/?k=1

Thankfully you don't need to create an account to watch them. Williamson took his goals very, very well!

Edited by Zanetti

27 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Bit of an unconventional platform for it, but here are the highlights on TikTok:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMNC3nkw5/?k=1

Thankfully you don't need to create an account to watch them. Williamson took his goals very, very well!

Thanks for posting that link. Was a decent watch. Agree, he took his goals very well. Pleasing stuff.

Early days for Williamson, but the real positive about him is that he actually looks like he believes he’s going to score when he’s bearing down on goal. How often have we seen guys who have too much time to think about it and hit it straight at the keeper?