The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

13 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

you'd need to drink yersel' into a coma to get value out of that.

(this is not a challenge)

Lightweight! 😉

It's a £10 increase from last season when you had to buy your own drink. Only went to it once at Firhill but it was a decent day out, a good laugh and we all put much more than £10 a head into the drink kitty so reckon we could rip the absolute arse out of this deal (although I doubt I'll be giving the club any more money than I already have until they start treating us with a bit more respect) 

Edited by Mick1867

Been looking at the permutations of the Premier Sports cup. Feeling confident of us getting the 3 points tomorrow and hopeful that the other results go our way.

Seems to me that if Raith fail to win and Livingston don’t win by 5 clear goals, we’d be through as one of the 3 runners-up, if we secure the win. 

5 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Been looking at the permutations of the Premier Sports cup. Feeling confident of us getting the 3 points tomorrow and hopeful that the other results go our way.

Seems to me that if Raith fail to win and Livingston don’t win by 5 clear goals, we’d be through as one of the 3 runners-up, if we secure the win. 

Aye, 9 points has normally been enough but of course one less runner up place this season. We (or Hamilton) would be unlucky as f**k to miss out with that total. 

19 hours ago, an86 said:

The club, probably about 3-0 down with the supporters, have pulled a goal back by announcing complimentary bevvy at hospitality.

£60 (£50) for a sumptuous one course meal. I'll need to have a few bevvies to make up the difference.

Oh, there is a half time pie too.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Another “look, a squirrel” moment from our leaders. Send out the infantry while the generals quaff champagne. The words Nero, Rome and burning come to mind.

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/queens-park-score-fun-night/

Well, it's something and I'd quite like to hear some banter from Owen, Charlie and Dom. As there's a Q&A too, I hope that Davie Mac is able to control the eggs being lobbed from the back.

55 minutes ago, GM1867 said:

Well, it's something and I'd quite like to hear some banter from Owen, Charlie and Dom. As there's a Q&A too, I hope that Davie Mac is able to control the eggs being lobbed from the back.

I take it the eggs will not be at all complimentary.

58 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Another week done and we haven’t added a single player to the squad that went to Holland. This despite all the chat that the team would look considerably different by the time the league started……….big week ahead then 😐

I’m surprised the McPake loan hasn’t been announced by now, assuming he is actually coming to us. Wonder what the hold up is 

Got to surely have a couple signings by the Inverness game. The bench looks incredibly weak minus 1 or 2 players. 

12 hours ago, IR1970 said:

Really impressed with your younger players in tonights friendly against Syngenta.  Played football the right way. A trialist also caught the eye apoarently has a few caps for Barbados. 

What was the score,the club announces the game but dont bother to report the score

Josh McPake confirmed now. Really excited to see what he can do. Seems to have impressed in pre season for rangers so far and having a fair few senior appearances under his belt already across various loans, he should be ready to go.

Edited by qpfc

16 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Josh McPake confirmed now. Really excited to what he can do. Seems to have impressed in pre season for rangers so far and having a fair few senior appearances under his belt already across various loans, he should be ready to go.

Yeah, I’m excited to see him in action, offers competition for places in the wide areas - a good signing. 

20 hours ago, GM1867 said:

Anyone want a bet on how many Committee men turn up to this evening. The answer of course is none as they would have to answer questions regarding the £95 price for a kids season ticket, and also the lack of communication regarding Lesser.