The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

12 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:
15 hours ago, Ginaro said:

I thought I picked up somewhere that Ochilview was chosen partly due to availability, but particularly because of the quality and size of the new pitch there being most similair to the new pitch at Lesser. I assume this would be to suit the way we want to play.

Unless something has changed, Google Maps makes Ochilview 102x65 and Lesser Hampden the maximum 105x68m, so...

28 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Unless something has changed, Google Maps makes Ochilview 102x65 and Lesser Hampden the maximum 105x68m, so...

So..?

Lesser is 3m bigger each way.

I have no idea about the average size of pitches in Scotland. I know that Lesser is one of the biggest.

Is Ochilview one of the larger ones available and that's why we chose it? Or is it average, or smaller and the size has nothing to do with it?

6 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

So..?

Lesser is 3m bigger each way.

I have no idea about the average size of pitches in Scotland. I know that Lesser is one of the biggest.

Is Ochilview one of the larger ones available and that's why we chose it? Or is it average, or smaller and the size has nothing to do with it?

image.png.b93840e49164072f3dab9c09cfc5371b.png

3 hours ago, Skeletar Spider said:

Just listened to the first episode there and thought it was excellent. Good insight, really good dynamic between the three of you, and just generally very professional.

Which was really surprising given the utterly shambolic nature of all three at the games. Fair play. 

On 20/07/2022 at 09:10, Ziggy said:

BTW, I really did enjoy the streams. I think my favourite moment of commentary was during the humping of Falkirk when it was suggested that one of the Falkirk defenders was feigning injury out of sheer embarrassment.

15 hours ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

It's a shame that live streaming will come to end: although i understand that this isn't the club's call. Just want to thank Craig and Keith for their excellent commentary when i've followed from afar. Became quite the double act. 

Thanks - appreciate that. I make zero apologies for those unintentional savage remarks about the Falkirk defender!

Complete out of my comfort zone stuff to be doing the commentaries and I was very apprehensive about doing so at first as I knew a friend of mine, and to many fellow supporters, would’ve had the gig to himself if he was still with us today – and he would’ve absolutely bossed it.

It has been an honour and privilege to be able to do, and Keith and I have burst our balls to try and make it as bearable and informative as possible for all supporters – particularly during the lockdown periods. A bit sad that it looks to have to come to an end now.

A massive thanks to Keith, my stand-in when I was unable to attend, and the full team behind the cameras and laptops who have upskilled to provide an in-house stream that was one of the best in the lower leagues. Bravo!

On 15/07/2022 at 18:50, Dave said:

https://linktr.ee/spiderstalk

A brand new podcast for all things Queen's Park FC for any that may be interested in such a thing. First episode is now up, any and all feedback very much welcome!

Thoroughly enjoyed this! Keep them coming.

Edited by Kenzie

1 hour ago, Kenzie said:

Thanks - appreciate that. I make zero apologies for those unintentional savage remarks about the Falkirk defender!

Complete out of my comfort zone stuff to be doing the commentaries and I was very apprehensive about doing so at first as I knew a friend of mine, and to many fellow supporters, would’ve had the gig to himself if he was still with us today – and he would’ve absolutely bossed it.

It has been an honour and privilege to be able to do, and Keith and I have burst our balls to try and make it as bearable and informative as possible for all supporters – particularly during the lockdown periods. A bit sad that it looks to have to come to an end now.

A massive thanks to Keith, my stand-in when I was unable to attend, and the full team behind the cameras and laptops who have upskilled to provide an in-house stream that was one of the best in the lower leagues. Bravo!

Thoroughly enjoyed this! Keep them coming.

I missed this. Interestingly Queen's Park were one of the well-bought streams last year and there was enough to make a small profit from those that bought abroad. 

Was there any public comment on the streaming service ending?

6 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I missed this. Interestingly Queen's Park were one of the well-bought streams last year and there was enough to make a small profit from those that bought abroad. 

Public comments are not the club's strong point at present.

1 minute ago, Arachnophile said:

Public comments are not the club's strong point at present.

I should rephrase that as where was comment on it ending?

Last year you had to geoblock in England to comply with Article 48 - this year it's back for all the home regions. When we installed the geoblock for England after the SFA chased everyone up I made a separate bit of code for the UK and Ireland so we could use our international media rights to stream away games, starting with that 4-3 win at Firhill much to your board's chagrin. We even streamed outwith the UK and Ireland for the Celtic cup game live on premier sports with the feed from their cameras.

They were unhappy at us streaming from Firhill because of the sizable investment they'd made into providing live streaming. Seems daft to chuck that investment at the first opportunity to me.

53 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

My understanding was that all of the streaming across the country was being canned after the League Cup sections? My understanding is very, very often wayward, though. 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

My understanding was that all of the streaming across the country was being canned after the League Cup sections? My understanding is very, very often wayward, though. 

No, not outside the UK and Ireland. That was my point about geoblocking - the only extra hoop we have to jump through is to extend the filter that blocks England to cover Scotland, Wales, NI and Ireland too. Something we already had in place to stream away games last season.

For reference Falkirk TV have already announced their prices https://www.falkirkfc.tv/

We're going to continue too - I'm just not sure where to set our price point.

Edited by LeodhasXD

16 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

No, not outside the UK and Ireland. That was my point about geoblocking - the only extra hoop we have to jump through is to extend the filter that blocks England to cover Scotland, Wales, NI and Ireland too. Something we already had in place to stream away games last season.

For reference Falkirk TV have already announced their prices https://www.falkirkfc.tv/

We're going to continue too - I'm just not sure where to set our price point.

On a day of exceptional levels of cynicism, I get the Sky story but doubt if clubs aren’t happy about it. Getting punters back into the stands is where the money is, both tickets and add-ons. Having tv viewers burning their own pies isn’t the business of a football club. 

3 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

On a day of exceptional levels of cynicism, I get the Sky story but doubt if clubs aren’t happy about it. Getting punters back into the stands is where the money is, both tickets and add-ons. Having tv viewers burning their own pies isn’t the business of a football club. 

On the contrary, looking at our revenue it's about about 3:1 physical entry to streaming. Streaming income dwarfs pies sold considerably.

All besides the point because it's about continuing a product for those who are not ever physically present at the games anyway.

Edited by LeodhasXD

46 minutes ago, an86 said:

The club, probably about 3-0 down with the supporters, have pulled a goal back by announcing complimentary bevvy at hospitality.

£50 for a "one course meal" &  "complimentary bevvy"

you'd need to drink yersel' into a coma to get value out of that.

(this is not a challenge)

14 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

£50 for a "one course meal" &  "complimentary bevvy"

you'd need to drink yersel' into a coma to get value out of that.

(this is not a challenge)

Good deal if you don’t have a season ticket, which a lot of folk probably don’t this season. Challenge accepted, incidentally.

To celebrate the first episode of the Spiders Talk Podcast hitting 200 downloads (cheers for the support!), we've just gone and uploaded a second.

This week we talk about a couple of transfer rumours, the loss to Dundee, Friday night football at Ochilview, and give our thoughts on the Hamilton match tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

To celebrate the first episode of the Spiders Talk Podcast hitting 200 downloads (cheers for the support!), we've just gone and uploaded a second.

This week we talk about a couple of transfer rumours, the loss to Dundee, Friday night football at Ochilview, and give our thoughts on the Hamilton match tomorrow.

Suggested topic: thinking about the inevitable when non-QP fans start following. Something on the Beuker philosophy and the whole thing going on at Lochinch would be good. It’s certainly more positive about the club than the ongoing Lesser/communications/fan-fail stories. 

5 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Suggested topic: thinking about the inevitable when non-QP fans start following. Something on the Beuker philosophy and the whole thing going on at Lochinch would be good. It’s certainly more positive about the club than the ongoing Lesser/communications/fan-fail stories. 

We've already ready got an episode along those exact lines planned! 

I'm not sure I've seen a Scottish football club treating their supporters with as much contempt as Queen's Park have this summer and over the last 12 months or so, aside from Angelo Massone or Hugh Scott types actively trying to kill the clubs they own. Good effort from Edinburgh to compete lately, but it really is incredible when you list all the issues Queen's Park have created then failed to even bother communicating.