The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

44 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Is it even fucking doable to get to stenny and back on a Friday night on public transport at the moment?

Last Friday, no. But this Friday's schedule has changed so there should be trains returning to Glasgow after 8pm now. 1849 Queen Street, 2205 return from Larbert (plus 2307 and 2342).

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

Our schedules are completely opposite so no need to look.

Cup games excluded obviously.

Not quite, Stenhousemuir and QP clash on 15th October, 7th January, and 4th February (not checked further).

The only Saturday currently free for QP is 10th September as both other clubs are away. 27th August depends on the Scottish Cup draw and the EOSFL fixture secretary.

What's particularly galling is that there was a decent turnout last night and now we have this.

Some people might be happy at a wee train trip on a Saturday to Stenny, but who would bank on the trains actually running to get back from evening matches?

Edited by Hampden Diehard

8 minutes ago, lavvyheid said:

Friday night football geez oh  -  this must have been known about when members/season tickets were sold. 

Indeed. Almost like we’re having the piss taken out of us. Some of the most positive and upbeat folk around QP are now at the end of their tether. That’s a big problem. I’ve said from minute one that you cannot bring the wider community on board if you cannot even engage properly with your own fans. They’ve lost the dressing room in a big way. 

I suppose the one positive from Leeann Dempster, David Hunter and the committee’s point of view, is that they pay no attention to what the fans say or think, so it’ll be business as usual for them, whatever business actually is for some of them. 

Edited by an86

24 minutes ago, IR1970 said:

Syngenta have reversed there fixture with st andrews on the 13th August so your game versus Thistle will go ahead on the Saturday. Fair play to Syngenta as they didnt need to..

Presumably not for free though, so maybe we've offered them more money to move their fixtures and their acceptance just came slightly too late for the Ayr game? Fingers crossed anyway.

37 minutes ago, IR1970 said:

Syngenta have reversed there fixture with st andrews on the 13th August so your game versus Thistle will go ahead on the Saturday. Fair play to Syngenta as they didnt need to..

Presumably their EOS opposition has agreed as well, and they would need agreement of other clubs going forward to change.

Edited by Ginaro

9 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Presumably not for free though, so maybe we've offered them more money to move their fixtures and their acceptance just came slightly too late for the Ayr game? Fingers crossed anyway.

Wouldn't be suprised your biggest gate will be against the jags on a Saturday...As of monday Syngenta had no intention of moving any fixtures and Stenny were backing them. Suppose money talks. 50k stenny are getting.

The total cost for Falkirk Stadium, Firhill and Ochilview must be shocking.

The Committee and Leann Dempster are totally inept. Couldn’t care less about her previous roles, she’s utterly incompetent and the club deserves better stewardship. 

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

It’s not just Syngenta’s call though. Each of these opponents have to agree. Part-time players of several clubs across the country all being asked to get off work early to suit the masters of fuckuppery, QPFC. For over 150 years this club had respect from every corner of the game and in the last two it’s become a tribute act.

I don't really have anything to add - for the umpteenth time its as much a failure of communication as anything.

Little or no communication of the cause of the delays at Lesser (Rome wasn't built in a day but it probably took less time than to build a couple of wee stands in Glasgow) Hampden and no indication of when it is likely to open - they should have had (not so) Grand Designs filming it.

No explanation offered as to why Ochilview is our current squat of choice and not a hint that this might mean a significant number of Friday Night trips to Larbert when they were punting season tickets.

I could add only supplying free transport to folk than can stump up the best part of £300 when we are facing a huge cost of living crisis and doing everything we can to price out the young fans we have been dishing out free tickets to for the past year.

Football clubs are massively fortunate that we don't choose who we support based on the customer service or value for money we get. If we got the service we're getting from QP from a restaurant or a a supermarket  -I'm sure we'd all be taking our business elsewhere & spamming TripAdvisor with scathing reviews. But instead, we (or most of us anyway) stump up our money & troop along loyally because there is only one QP. there are lots of clubs who do it so much better ... but they are not Queen's Park.

Its such a shame, when there is so much to celebrate on the pitch.

p.s. did you like how I said I had nothing to add then wrote a short essay?!!

'mon the Spiderzzzzzzzzz

8 hours ago, dirvy said:

Also announced today. If it could have been announced yesterday, we could have politely asked our esteemed committee members about it at Ochilview. The prospect of not getting home until 10.30 on a Friday night does not fill me with delight.

Not currently residing in Glasgow's sunny south side, myself and my son got home at 0100 this morning after last nights game against Dundee. A relatively easy journey in summer nights but my attendances will be restricted as the nights close in. 

10 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Not exactly many other options (assuming non-grass pitches) - basically Alloa or Livingston?

Thanks for the explanation.

My point wasn't that there was no justification for the move.

My point was there was no justification given.

1 minute ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

It's a shame that live streaming will come to end: although i understand that this isn't the club's call. Just want to thank Craig and Keith for their excellent commentary when i've followed from afar. Became quite the double act. 

Teams can still broadcast live commentary.

3 minutes ago, GM1867 said:

Scotstoun Stadium (where Glasgow Warriors Rugby play)

I know Rugby Park is too big and it'd be a fairly soulless experience, but Kilmarnock can't be much (if any) further than Stenhousemuir, it's fairly well connected to Glasgow, and mostly importantly as far as I'm aware they don't already have a tenant.