The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

if it turns out that they were flogging tickets without notification of shifting fixtures to Friday nights. 

They have done exactly that there is no 'if'about it.

Even just some simple communication to the fans earlier in the summer along the lines of "games x, y and z are likely to be Friday night unless we can come to an agreement" that way you have a bit of information when looking to purchase a season ticket or not. Really not difficult.

Particularly in these difficult financial times to essentially dupe your customers into paying for something that is different to what you thought is really despicable.

I'm raging for you guys and I have zero affinity with your club but if that was my club they would be soon hearing about it.

Edited by Neilly

47 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Agree, the club should have been upfront on this from the moment the clashes were clear.

Depending on how long we are playing up there, seems there’s 7 or 8 clashes with Syngenta for the season. So almost half the home games likely to see switched to the Friday. 

The clashes were surely clear when the use of Ochilview by QP was announced - because once the SPFL fixtures for Stenhousemuir came out, the EOSFL fixture secretary would obviously schedule Syngenta games on the free Saturdays.

18 minutes ago, Dave said:

Believe that all the potential clashes are underlined here in red. 

Also potentially 27th August for the Scottish Cup preliminary round, or 17th September either as a Scottish Cup first round match or one of Syngenta's four currently unscheduled home games (if they and their opponents are free). Might also be moved on 15th October if Syngenta beat Rosyth/Gartcairn to progress to the South Challenge Cup third round.

Who knows, you could get to play on a Saturday at home if you draw them in the Scottish Cup third round... :lol:

Edited by Ginaro

I suggest as many people as possible contact as many club officials as they can about this as possible. Both the “public facing” ones and the ones that have been in hiding for months.

There are genuine grounds for season ticket refunds to be demanded here.

20 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

I suggest as many people as possible contact as many club officials as they can about this as possible. Both the “public facing” ones and the ones that have been in hiding for months.

KK is the only one willing to talk and listen to fans. Dempster and David Hunter are the world hide and seek champions. The former either does not communicate, is extremely creative with her descriptions of reality when she does, or ambushes the support with terrible calls. The latter? Think his only contribution of recent months was raising a glass on YouTube when we were promoted. As for the rest of the committee, what are they doing, who are they representing and when did any of them last attempt to make a broad communication with the people who put them were they are?  We know folk at the club read this. Sort it.

Edited by an86

1 hour ago, Dave said:

Believe that all the potential clashes are underlined here in red. 

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-20 at 11.07.28 AM.jpeg

Yeah but on top of that the other Saturdays will have Stenhousemuir at home? That’s only after looking at one fixture though, they’re at home on the 30th July for example and that is not underlined there. 

Is it not a case of every QP game being a Friday night?

Dunno how guys finishing at 4.30/5pm on site or in an office can make it home and then all the way through to Falkirk from a busy Glasgow area for 7.45pm kick offs. Surely be a right hassle?

Edited by 1320Lichtie

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yeah but on top of that the other Saturdays will have Stenhousemuir at home? That’s only after looking at one fixture though, they’re at home on the 30th July for example and that is not underlined there. 

Is it not a case of every QP game being a Friday night?

Dunno how guys finishing at 4.30/5pm on site or in an office can make it home and then all the way through to Falkirk from a busy Glasgow area for 7.45pm kick offs. Surely be a right hassle?

I only looked at when we're already scheduled to be at home compared to Syngenta, I'm assuming the fixtures were already done by the SPFL with us and Stenny in mind so we already have no clashes? I really hope so otherwise we might as well pack it all in.

30 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

You could try that. Imho, until fans come together and boycott a game, or walk out which has more of an impact, they’re not going to bother. Formally, the committee are already in breach at the moment by not notifying members when the AGM is to be held. This is a legal obligation, written into the Articles of Association which forms part of the legal structure registered at Company House.

Informally, they’ve been taking the piss for years. When Hampden was getting prepped for the Commonwealth games there was. A stoosh about buses then and even when agreed, they still settled for a one pound bus fare (as I recall). Endless reports of lack of communication etc. Last season, they made available the members/ST just days before the first home game in the style of a hustler.

12 minutes ago, Dave said:

I only looked at when we're already scheduled to be at home compared to Syngenta, I'm assuming the fixtures were already done by the SPFL with us and Stenny in mind so we already have no clashes? I really hope so otherwise we might as well pack it all in.

Our schedules are completely opposite so no need to look.

Cup games excluded obviously.

18 minutes ago, Dave said:

Well Stenny are also at home 

30th July

20th August

3rd September 

8th October

5th November 

That are not underlined in red there

Other dates are currently free weeks but imagine they will be cup games. That’s just for this year I never looked beyond December 

ETA - 24th December not on that list

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Fans of other clubs starting to notice how much of an off field bin fire we are. Must be time for another podcast or puff piece in the paper to con the general public into thinking things are fantastic.

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Well Stenny are also at home 

30th July

20th August

3rd September 

8th October

5th November 

24th December 

That are not underlined in red there

Other dates are currently free weeks but imagine they will be cup games. That’s just for this year I never looked beyond December 

We're already scheduled to be away on those dates, so that'll be for Stenny & Syngenta to work out. I'm only going to worry about when Syngenta & QP clash, not bothered about the other two clashing, but given the way things are going I'm sure that'll still find a way to impact us.

Where and when we play is one thing, to me whose playing for us is a more important thing. OC keeps saying we need 3/4 more players in ,instead of being proactive and bringing people to the club the situation reminds me of when we were amateurs,and signing players who hadnt had offers from other  clubs and it was getting near the transfer deadline

22 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Imho, until fans come together and boycott a game, or walk out which has more of an impact, they’re not going to bother.

I honestly don't think they will bother a f**k about anything we might do.

5 minutes ago, Dave said:

We're already scheduled to be away on those dates, so that'll be for Stenny & Syngenta to work out. I'm only going to worry about when Syngenta & QP clash, not bothered about the other two clashing, but given the way things are going I'm sure that'll still find a way to impact us.

Ahhh. That makes sense now. Still pretty shit. Friday nights are shite for away fans too. Our Friday night home games can be enjoyable as it’s different and frees up the whole weekend and can get a night out still but everyone is essentially an away fan for the QP fixtures 

1 minute ago, ThreeTownSpider said:

Where and when we play is one thing, to me whose playing for us is a more important thing. OC keeps saying we need 3/4 more players in ,instead of being proactive and bringing people to the club the situation reminds me of when we were amateurs,and signing players who hadnt had offers from other  clubs and it was getting near the transfer deadline

I’m not overly worried because I reckon most clubs will be doing business until the window shuts. Stephen Eze and Josh McPake are pretty much open secrets just waiting to be confirmed as well. 

3 minutes ago, ThreeTownSpider said:

Where and when we play is one thing, to me whose playing for us is a more important thing. 

Not today it's not.

However it is possible to care about all of these things while discussing something else that's important.

4 minutes ago, ThreeTownSpider said:

A part of me thinks a couple of these potential signings may be abroad therefore might of been needing to wait for a visa etc (we know Eze is definitely one of them) 

Also, the trialist that played against EK was sitting on our bench last night with the qp tracksuit on, albeit not in the squad. Assuming he’s getting signed ? Think his name is Omani Leacock, a Barbados international

Yet another kick in the stones for the fans. Less of an issue for me because I’d already decided I couldn’t renew. But if I had coughed up for me and the two kids I would be utterly fucking livid right now.

Great that we’re doing well on the pitch. Back to back promotions were absolutely unthinkable when I started going to see this team. But that’s also not the reason I started going to see this team and it’s not the reason I’ve spent so long trying to get my kids involved.  

The Committee needs to take a proper look at themselves here. Stop playing at being big time and represent the  values and interests of the supporters. 

Against my better judgement I bought a Season Ticket as I got carried away with the thought of seeing us in the Championship. I cannot make Friday evenings and have e-mailed the Club for a refund. There are avenues for them to alleviate the damage done by offering refunds for each Friday game or cancelling altogether and offering a "Lesser Only" ticket when/if we move back this season but flexibility and QP do not go together. The point about public transport on a Friday evening is extremely valid. I do think it important that as many people as possible contact the club with their thoughts on this whether they can attend or not. The principle makes it quite sickening to be treated like this. I fear they are on the cusp of losing me for ever as I cannot support any company treating its paying customers in this way.