The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

I don’t want to sound too critical but why are the streams stopping now?

I’ve really enjoyed them and think it might have been sensible to continue them until we had a home stadium?

Sometimes it really feels like the club is doing everything it can to deter fans.

27 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I don’t want to sound too critical but why are the streams stopping now?

I’ve really enjoyed them and think it might have been sensible to continue them until we had a home stadium?

Sometimes it really feels like the club is doing everything it can to deter fans.

SPFL are stopping them as part of the deal with Sky. 

A poor first half and a fairly impressive second half. Savoury and Jarrett were good and Thomas, although fairly quiet, did nothing wrong. If he gets himself involved more he will a good player for us. I liked Robson - he made a couple of mistakes but pulled himself together and got stuck in. The team seem to be shaping up well and I'm looking forward to the league season.

On 15/07/2022 at 18:50, Dave said:

https://linktr.ee/spiderstalk

A brand new podcast for all things Queen's Park FC for any that may be interested in such a thing. First episode is now up, any and all feedback very much welcome!

Listened to it on the bus south today. I was really impressed - well done guys. It was a long podcast but there was nothing I think you could have cut out.  Maybe two parts but that might have affected the 'flow' of the programme. Looking forward to the next one - and 'The Story of Lesser' if you get around to that one.

4 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

SPFL are stopping them as part of the deal with Sky. 

Thanks for the response mate, looks like I was wrong to just assume the club would be at fault.

BTW, I really did enjoy the streams. I think my favourite moment of commentary was during the humping of Falkirk when it was suggested that one of the Falkirk defenders was feigning injury out of sheer embarrassment.

Edited by Ziggy

I think Coyle was a little generous in his post-match analysis haha. We could have been skelped in that first half! We had our chances too though. Plenty of good play in the 2nd and a great finish by Louis. Two evenly matched sides trying to play football on the deck. The game had a bit of needle as well. Dundee are quite nippy, to which they would argue streetwise. If we can compete like that every game this season it'll be magic. 

It's great listening to Coyle speak with the media team. I always felt Ellis was arrogant at times and didn't give detailed and respectful answers. Ellis and McKinnon would say the same thing every week. Coyle is enthusiastic and engaged, it reflects on the park and in the group. 

We need a decent win on Saturday to have a chance of progression. 9 points with a strong GD is hopefully enough. Premier Sports Cup action in Hamilton, and it's LIVE. 

Your Friday nights at Ochilview confirmed.

I'd heard you were offering Syngenta some dough for them to change to the Friday slot but obviously nothing has materialised.

Bitching out to Syngenta in Stenhousemuir. You're living the dream lads.

The Ayr game has now been moved to the Friday night.

No reason has been publicised, presumably because we are too embarrassed to highlight that Syngenta FC (EOSFL div 2) are at home that day and clearly have priority over us for use of Ochilview. We can expect something similar for the Partick Thistle game the following week and Raith Rovers in October no doubt.

Selling season tickets (remember those kids prices!) without making people aware of this is the latest in a long line of actions showing utter contempt for the support. 

Edited by Spider Rico

Ayr game switched to the Friday. So it turns out Sygenta must have second dibs on the ground. Are we to believe that the club did not know about this after the fixtures were released, announced as Saturdays, and punters parted with £300?

I’m not saying I wouldn’t have bought one, but it’s a morally questionable move. Being open and up front when feeding the support a tea spoon of urine will win more respect than bullshit and evasion.

1 minute ago, Spider Rico said:

The Ayr game has now been moved to the Friday night.

No reason has been publicised, presumably because we are too embarrassed to highlight that Syngenta FC (EOSFL div 2) are at home that day and clearly have priority over us for use of Ochilview. We can expect something similar for the Partick Thistle game the following week and Raith Rovers in October no doubt.

Selling season tickets (remember those kids prices!) without making people aware of this is the latest in a long line of actions showing utter contempt for the support. 

Really is a disgrace to be honest.

Your club have known for a long time this would likely be the case unless they could come to an agreement with Syngenta.

The club seem to be getting it right on the park but the continual contempt towards your fans is an absolute disgrace to be honest.

Disgraceful from the club to announce what probably looks Friday night home for the foreseeable weeks after season tickets went on sale. If you thought crowds at stenny would be bad on Saturdays, wait until we see these Friday games. Can’t imagine many who finish work at 5 on a Friday will be too inclined to attend

Also announced today. If it could have been announced yesterday, we could have politely asked our esteemed committee members about it at Ochilview. The prospect of not getting home until 10.30 on a Friday night does not fill me with delight.

Agree, the club should have been upfront on this from the moment the clashes were clear.

Depending on how long we are playing up there, seems there’s 7 or 8 clashes with Syngenta for the season. So almost half the home games likely to see switched to the Friday. 

The news item on the site couldn’t have been shorter if they tried. No explanation, no nothing. 

Edited by TheHitman

1 hour ago, TheHitman said:

The news item on the site couldn’t have been shorter if they tried. No explanation, no nothing. 

Yep, an absolute shitebag move from everyone involved. Not to mention selling season tickets as well without full clarity. Absolute charlatans

Came on here to talk about the game last night only to be side tracked again by Dempster and the committee's off the park nonsense. If Sygenta's deal gives them priority over us then they have every right to play Saturday but could we not have found a ground closer to Glasgow to be 3rd class tenants at?

Friday night or Sunday afternoon fitba at Hamilton or whatever would have been pish but a bit more bearable. 

Edited by Mick1867

27 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Agree, the club should have been upfront on this from the moment the clashes were clear.

Depending on how long we are playing up there, seems there’s 7 or 8 clashes with Syngenta for the season. So almost half the home games likely to see switched to the Friday. 

Believe that all the potential clashes are underlined here in red. 

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-20 at 11.07.28 AM.jpeg

Another shining example of our CEO’s negotiating skills. Stenny have handled this correctly, allowing Syngenta to make the call, but our club have clearly not understood the Syngenta (and before that ICI) culture and how they’ve built their club up over decades. They’re going for promotion; playing to win and build a support. What kind of signal would it send to their fans to chop and change their home fixtures. Good on them for having some integrity.

We’re going to need a new collective noun to describe “excessive amounts of compounded embarrassments”. 

This possibility was flagged up weeks ago by Stenny fans and was a factor in me not renewing my ticket for this season. Absolutely reprehensible behaviour by t'committee if it turns out that they were flogging tickets without notification of shifting fixtures to Friday nights. I can't wait for the next podcast as there is so much to cover. It's terrible that administrative incompetence is overshadowing the work being done by Marijn, Owen, the players, etc.

Edited by Spidersmad