The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

On 13/07/2022 at 21:25, Spider Rico said:

Yes it was really disheartening to read that tweet knowing how  much the lad in question has been enjoying coming to Queen’s Park games in recent months.

I sadly don’t hold out much hope for a change in the bus policies given how they have doubled down on the disgraceful season ticket prices for young kids.

Wonder if either of these matters  will come up on Leeann Dempsters next podcast appearance…….

I had a look through Twitter but can't find the tweet. Are you able to post a link to it please? 

On 14/07/2022 at 13:58, Dooflick said:

The £95 price for kids is a disgrace, if the club are that keen to encourage young kids to come to games, perhaps the committee members who qualify for free membership, because they have been Members for at least 40 years, and I think about half of them come into this bracket, plus a couple of ex-Presidents also,they could donate £95 to the Supporters Association and Keith could sort something out for some kids who cannot affrord this fee. Just a thought.

Absolute disgrace. It's got to be raised if/when the AGM comes round, I can't understand how we can go from bussing young kids to games to try and raise their interest/enthusiasm for the club to essentially doing our best to drive them away in less than 2 months. It's a ridiculous price for kids

3 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Daily Record transfer guy reporting Josh Mcpake is coming to us on loan from Rangers, a few clubs were interested but agreement been reached for him to join QP

As other clubs were chasing, expect he will have come with assurances of being a regular starter (assuming he performs). 

9 minutes ago, Buenos Dias said:

Can someone please post the link to the tweet from the young lad discussed on the past few pages please, thanks. 

I don't have a link to the Tweet handy, but I do know that it's all sorted now and a season ticket was purchased for him today after a few people chipped in.

Hopefully the Mcpake deal gets confirmed in time for the game on Tuesday.

I do wonder if Coyle might be looking at adding a strong defensive midfielder to the squad. Liam Brown and Patrick Jarrett are good footballers but don’t offer a lot of protection to the back four. Jack Thomson is obviously highly thought of (given the recent contract extensions) but I’m not sure if he is quite ready yet to fill that role in the Championship every week. We could use an alternative option at least.

1 hour ago, Dave said:

https://linktr.ee/spiderstalk

A brand new podcast for all things Queen's Park FC for any that may be interested in such a thing. First episode is now up, any and all feedback very much welcome!

Thoroughly enjoyed listening to that. Really insightful, lots of strong analysis made on the key talking points of the club. Everyone involved were great. Looking forward to more content 👍

Edited by qpfc

18 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Thoroughly enjoyed listening to that. Really insightful, lots of strong analysis made on the key talking points of the club. Everyone involved were great. Looking forward to more content 👍

Cheers! We're aware that certain elements of it need worked on, especially on the technical/audio quality side, but any feedback is greatly appreciated (especially since none of us have ever done anything like this before).

Cheers! We're aware that certain elements of it need worked on, especially on the technical/audio quality side, but any feedback is greatly appreciated (especially since none of us have ever done anything like this before).

Really enjoyed it …good to hear a podcast about the club I support..well done to the three of you looking forward to the next one …hopefully get some players or ex players involved with a short question and answer.

1 hour ago, Spider Rico said:

Hopefully the Mcpake deal gets confirmed in time for the game on Tuesday.

I do wonder if Coyle might be looking at adding a strong defensive midfielder to the squad. Liam Brown and Patrick Jarrett are good footballers but don’t offer a lot of protection to the back four. Jack Thomson is obviously highly thought of (given the recent contract extensions) but I’m not sure if he is quite ready yet to fill that role in the Championship every week. We could use an alternative option at least.

Awhile back in this forum was mentioned Stephen Eze who played under OC at Shamshedpur who is a central defender, any more info or rumours

2 hours ago, Dave said:

A brand new podcast for all things Queen's Park FC for any that may be interested in such a thing. First episode is now up, any and all feedback very much welcome!

Excellent podcast. Enjoyed that and I'm looking forward to the next one. Well done everyone.

1 hour ago, ThreeTownSpider said:

Awhile back in this forum was mentioned Stephen Eze who played under OC at Jamshedpur who is a central defender, any more info or rumours

As far as I'm aware he follows Queen's Park and was interacting with a post announcing Fox's contract extension. Apparently work permit issues are likely holding his announcement up. I do think we need at least two centre-halves by the start of the season. It's a big risk to be relying on Kilday and Fox to remain fit, with no other senior CB's in the squad. 

14 hours ago, Dave said:

Well done guys. The digital version of the old fanzine has finally arrived. Gave you five stars on Spotify. Keep it going!