The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

4 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

QPFC Stats page on Twitter: “Last night's attendance of 220 is our lowest recorded home gate, beating the previous lowest of 273, set in a Scottish Cup match against Edinburgh Uni on 17th Dec 1973, which was played at 2:00pm on a Monday afternoon following the introduction of the three day working week.“

FFS I was at that game. Was during the miners' strike that the miners won, so not enough lecky about for floodlights. Had to dog school to go to it.

What was the score? I have a vague remembrance of a cup game, about that era, against some yooni team that the goalie scored from a kick-out. 

10 hours ago, Zanetti said:

I'm assuming he qualifies for a £95 kids season ticket? It obviously shouldn't be necessary (and I know that money is tight at the moment for a lot of us) but maybe folk could chuck a few quid in each to buy one and make sure he can keep attending games, since the club can't be trusted sort out this mess.

I for one would be up for this; is this something we could arrange via the Supporters Assoc? And not just for one kid; a few ST for the local primary schools for them to distribute each week as they see fit.

9 hours ago, Malcolm Tent said:

FFS I was at that game. Was during the miners' strike that the miners won, so not enough lecky about for floodlights. Had to dog school to go to it.

What was the score? I have a vague remembrance of a cup game, about that era, against some yooni team that the goalie scored from a kick-out. 

1-0 for the spiders Ronnie Lowrie was sent off in 28minutes..FrankThomson went in goals and saved the resultant penalty

2 hours ago, CathcartSkins said:

I for one would be up for this; is this something we could arrange via the Supporters Assoc? And not just for one kid; a few ST for the local primary schools for them to distribute each week as they see fit.

For me, this is what the QPSA should be as the club changes. Along the lines of the Well Society or new Thistle fans initiative. I’d be well up for playing an active part.

7 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Sorry but the fan pics initiative is a shocker. 

Fan pictures celebrating goals are priceless and appreciate being in one but half time eating pies and minding your own business I find totally bizarre. 

Indee, crowd shots are excellent when they show the whole support or a particular group celebrating a goal etc……but zoomed-in, individual shots of people browsing their phones or eating a pie are a bit creepy at times

Edited by Spider Rico

7 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Indee, crowd shots are excellent when they show the whole support or a particular group celebrating a goal etc……but zoomed-in, individual shots of people browsing their phones or eating a pie are a bit creepy at times

image.gif.c2b09abb06dcf15aa17f19e5fb99b776.gif

“I know we’ve just scored but that man’s eating a pie!” 

Edited by Gall09

15 hours ago, Spidersmad said:

Was round at Lesser this afternoon for the first look in 3 weeks (due to a bout of Covid) and all I can say is that work is proceeding at an extremely leisurely pace. Not a lot of workers on site and not exactly a hive of activity. Thought it was supposed to be ready this month?🤣

On the playing front I hope there are a few reinforcements lined up. The recent graphic showing the first team pool names with shirt numbers illustrated the squad really does need a few more bodies, especially in defence and defensive mid.

When I visited last week there were about 20 guys working around the ground. The main things was lifting girders for the east stand but other stuff was happening too.

IMG_3625.jpeg

IMG_3624.jpeg

IMG_3626.jpeg

19 hours ago, NathanQP said:

We going end up with winger fever like we did last year, 

Yeah but the difference this season is you can already see the better quality of our attacking play out wide. Last season's signings for League 1 weren't an upgrade at all from what we had in League 2. 

Edited by Mick1867

16 hours ago, Zanetti said:

I'm assuming he qualifies for a £95 kids season ticket? It obviously shouldn't be necessary (and I know that money is tight at the moment for a lot of us) but maybe folk could chuck a few quid in each to buy one and make sure he can keep attending games, since the club can't be trusted sort out this mess.

The £95 price for kids is a disgrace, if the club are that keen to encourage young kids to come to games, perhaps the committee members who qualify for free membership, because they have been Members for at least 40 years, and I think about half of them come into this bracket, plus a couple of ex-Presidents also,they could donate £95 to the Supporters Association and Keith could sort something out for some kids who cannot affrord this fee. Just a thought.

5 hours ago, CathcartSkins said:

Great idea. Will raise this at the next SA meeting. A group of us have already decided that we'll definitely be chipping in to get the young lad in question a season ticket anyway.   

18 hours ago, qpfc said:

We badly need a winger, longridge isn’t going to cut it across 36 games in the championship. 

I'm gonna cut him a bit of slack. I thought he did well first half on Tuesday and it was his ball that made the opener. He definitely faded after half time and was rightly subbed but I think he's a decent player. His work rate off the ball is also excellent. something I especially noticed in the play off games. And during our ridiculous run of boring draws last season he was the only player showing any creativity. You're right though, Championship is a different level but I'd give him a chance to see what he can do

48 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

I think Brown and Longridge may struggle this year. Centre back, midfielder and winger would be great. 

I think there’s still a question as to what Brown’s best position actually is. I think he’s at his best in an attacking sense, especially in tight situations around the box but it’s clear Savoury will play that role. I don’t think he’ll struggle at all but I certainly don’t think he’ll be as effective if he’s deployed as the defensive midfielder. He’s definitely a championship level player if used properly 

3 hours ago, Dooflick said:

The £95 price for kids is a disgrace, if the club are that keen to encourage young kids to come to games, perhaps the committee members who qualify for free membership, because they have been Members for at least 40 years, and I think about half of them come into this bracket, plus a couple of ex-Presidents also,they could donate £95 to the Supporters Association and Keith could sort something out for some kids who cannot affrord this fee. Just a thought.

As we know, the committee get all their best ideas from PnB so I’m giving them an out by highlighting that the decimal point between the 9 and the 5 is missing. A simple correction will resolve the fading goodwill.

7 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Sorry but the fan pics initiative is a shocker. 

Fan pictures celebrating goals are priceless and appreciate being in one but half time eating pies and minding your own business I find totally bizarre. 

I wasn’t in any pics last season. I also didn’t buy a pie last season. Coincidence?

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

8 hours ago, ThreeTownSpider said:

1-0 for the spiders Ronnie Lowrie was sent off in 28minutes..FrankThomson went in goals and saved the resultant penalty

The Uni centre forward was being a tosser and Lowrie banjoed him. Hate to be a pedant (and that's a lie) but it was Cammy Thomson who went in goal.

Edited by Hampden Diehard