The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

On 08/07/2022 at 16:58, williebraveheart said:

The away top just beggars belief. 

If you don't like it, fair enough, but it hardly "beggars belief" given our history of away tops. 

East Stirlingshire FC v Queen's Park FC 19th Oct 2013 | James Stewart

Screenshot_20220711-120150_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Mick1867

8 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

I'm expecting Forfar to be a lot better than Stranraer mind you. Have a few useful looking players in their squad

Scudded 6-0 by Dunfermline, comfortably dispatched by Alloa and beaten by a random American team name generator “Washington Huskies.” Get them pumped.

On 08/07/2022 at 14:30, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Noticed Kilday had black shorts on but that might just be training kit.

Both players were wearing black trackie bottoms so fingers crossed home kit is still white shorts

6 minutes ago, an86 said:

Scudded 6-0 by Dunfermline, comfortably dispatched by Alloa and beaten by a random American team name generator “Washington Huskies.” Get them pumped.

ooft, I should really pay attention more

Just now, Mick1867 said:

ooft, I should really pay attention more

In fairness, they probably didn’t have a lot of players signed up for the Dunfermline game and Washington Huskies might be better than their terrible name suggests. Alloa could have beaten us as well. Still think any League Two team will struggle with us if we play in a similar manner to Saturday. Approach it in the right manner and it shouldn’t be a problem.

13 hours ago, Zanetti said:

The game was streamed so it'd be a bit weird if there are no highlights. Then again, Stranraer haven't even posted the score on any of their social media accounts so it wouldn't totally surprise me if they just can't be arsed.

We didn’t film the game ourselves but we will have highlights out as soon as we get a copy of the game from Stranraer. 

55 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

If you don't like it, fair enough, but it hardly "beggars belief" given our history of away tops. 

East Stirlingshire FC v Queen's Park FC 19th Oct 2013 | James Stewart

My first instinct was that the away kit was bland, considering the good reds tops we have had down the years.

However, watching the teams run out Saturday. changed my mind, I like it.  

8 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

In news that will surprise no one, the ticket purchasing site for tomorrows game isn’t actually letting you buy a ticket (either for the home or away ends)

Not providing tickets to people who want to attend the game ties in with the policy of not providing transport to people who want to attend the game. At least there’s consistency.

The ticket system is great. I was charged £560 for my 1 season ticket at first. This was corrected by charging me £280 for no ticket instead, while not being able to buy a ticket for tomorrow at all. Credit to the office staff for fixing the mess today but it really shouldn't be that difficult to buy tickets.

40 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

In news that will surprise no one, the ticket purchasing site for tomorrows game isn’t actually letting you buy a ticket (either for the home or away ends)

Might explain why on the Forfar site today they advertised that QPFC have advised cash at turnstile would be available. 

6 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

I take it we have abandoned our "traditional" Captain's armband?

image.png.9125a055162dbee7bcc83d38e48161e9.png

Bearing in mind the nonsense that is Lesser Hampden, the captain's armband is small beer, but it's disappointing if it has been decided to ditch the Spielfurhrer armband.

Another two fingers to the fans, especially those who worked to build a relationship with the Wattenscheid fans.

Would like to know who made the decision - surely it can't be our chief executive who told us at the March meeting how impressed she was with the club's history and traditions?

12 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

I'm expecting Forfar to be a lot better than Stranraer mind you. Have a few useful looking players in their squad

Will be interesting to see Craig slater play for Forfar. A real shame how it worked out at qp for him, he looked cut above on the very small time he was on the pitch but I genuinely can’t think of a player that got injured as frequently as he did for us. Part time football seems to have worked out for him in terms of injury prevention 

Edited by qpfc

Not sure if the highlights flattered them but Stranraer not as bad as the scoreline suggests. Good to see some good goals up front but they seemed to be able to get into our box too often. We clearly need to strengthen at the back.