The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

34 minutes ago, JT1867 said:

And within a couple of hours an apology email, think someone has had their gonads kicked!

It's getting surreal now. I'll renew when QP become my local South Side team again.

Punters on here recognising the scotts brand or not gives a decent age indicator. It’s a popular online shop for todays urban youth 😂

It’s a sponsor; highest offer wins. I think “scotts be part of it” looks smart and a quite fitting. People/brands want to be part of our journey. 

Edited by QPSpider1867

27 minutes ago, Spidersmad said:

Movement on the transfer front - Patrick Jarrett has signed a 2 year contract. He impressed as a trialist during the Netherlands trip. Apparently club have had eye on him for a while.

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/patrick-jarrett-signs-for-queens/

Think he’ll do well and offers good competition in a midfield, that still looks light. 

Where are we seeing Grant Savoury’s best position in this team? 

36 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Punters on here recognising the scotts brand or not gives a decent age indicator. It’s a popular online shop for todays urban youth 😂

It’s a sponsor; highest offer wins. I think “scotts be part of it” looks smart and a quite fitting. People/brands want to be part of our journey. 

Makes sense then. It’s often been commented on about how few younger supporters we have. If it had been a product targeting the old centre stand, Werther’s Originals would have been a good shout. 

17 hours ago, NathanQP said:

Irn Bru weren’t kicked out, Scotts just came in with a better offer.

To be fair to AG Barr, they could have left us long ago. I very much doubt if their promotion of The Other National Drink on our shirts made a significant influence on their global business. We were lucky to have them. 

What we really want to know is what the Player of the Day will be awarded with? Will it still be a bottle of Bru or a pair of Boss Hadiko trackies?

I can't claim to have been at the game, but a 5-2 win is a great start to the season. Good to see both Murray and Savoury have found some early form. Hopefully that continues. Promising to see us scoring straight after conceding also, but hopefully that doesn't become a recurring theme over the course of the season.

Looking forward to hearing from posters how the game went. Looking at the starting squad, it does seem quite light still and I'd hope to see a few more figures in the door. I'd be hopeful that our youth players can play a greater role this season however! 

That was just lovely today. 5 goals, really attacking football and crucially we were clinical when the chances arose. Don’t want to get too excited yet as previous years have shown these cup games have little to no reflection on the league campaign but I was incredibly encouraged with what I’ve seen so far. 

Don’t want to speak too soon but Grant Savoury looks to be an outstanding piece of business. He’s exactly the type of player we’ve missed in recent seasons where we needed someone in between the midfield and attack to link the play. He’s quick and for all his good play, he can actually score goals aswell. Really excited to see what he can produce across the season 

Jarrett and Thomas looked really lively and it’s clear Thomas is extremely intelligent on the ball and it showed by grabbing 2 assists in the process. Murray looks a different animal under Coyle and it’s so pleasing to see him finally look clinical in front of goal. Im hopeful that if he keeps fit that he’ll hit a really good number of goals this season, genuinely looks in the best condition I’ve seen him since he’s joined the club. 

With another 4 players or so to join, I’m really buzzing to see how we do this season. I’m confident 

Formation about right, aye. Really enjoyed that, yesterday. 5-2 flattered them, if anything. Coyle has Murray motoring up front. If we can get just one or two injury free seasons out of him, he’ll be a big asset. We knocked it around nicely and should have scored more. Switched off a couple of times, but that’s what these games are for. Better to learn from it now. Savoury looks a brilliant player. Top day all round. Good to be back.

On 08/07/2022 at 22:49, Spidersmad said:

It's getting surreal now. I'll renew when QP become my local South Side team again.

I'm an ex-member, who became a season ticket holder after a falling out with the club after certain decisions were made by the Committe a few years ago. It was always the case that Membership had to be paid by a certain time but the Committe  were always lax about it. If you really want to keep your Membership, do it right away, as this new regime are, I think likely to be more strict regarding this. If you let your Membership lapse you will have to go through the the whole thing all over again, finding two Members to sponsor you etc. However like me you can save £50 just being a season ticket holder.

1 hour ago, Dooflick said:

I'm an ex-member, who became a season ticket holder after a falling out with the club after certain decisions were made by the Committe a few years ago. It was always the case that Membership had to be paid by a certain time but the Committe  were always lax about it. If you really want to keep your Membership, do it right away, as this new regime are, I think likely to be more strict regarding this. If you let your Membership lapse you will have to go through the the whole thing all over again, finding two Members to sponsor you etc. However like me you can save £50 just being a season ticket holder.

Thanks Dooflick

I'm not a member and never have been, which makes the receipt of the email puzzling. As I said, I have been a season ticket holder for many years and I assumed that the email was a badly worded notice to renew the ticket. The follow up email from Total Tickets again refers to membership renewal but I guess the whole thing is just an admin glitch or mistake.

Despite the promising start to the season I'm still not minded to renew but hope to renew when we cease to be "homeless Queen's Park." In the meantime I hope we get access to some goal highlights from Stranraer as it's not everyday that QP score 5. Outwith the 6 goal extravaganza v Falkirk I don't think the 1st team had scored more than 3 since turning pro.

The game was streamed so it'd be a bit weird if there are no highlights. Then again, Stranraer haven't even posted the score on any of their social media accounts so it wouldn't totally surprise me if they just can't be arsed.

8 hours ago, Zanetti said:

The game was streamed so it'd be a bit weird if there are no highlights. Then again, Stranraer haven't even posted the score on any of their social media accounts so it wouldn't totally surprise me if they just can't be arsed.

The social media guys will have gone straight to the pub to get hammered after that gubbing and spent Sunday recovering. 

Saturday has me looking forward to going to Stenhousemuir to watch us play Forfar Athletic on a Tuesday night. Silly club. Silly sport. I think he might go with a similar team and give the younger lads a run at EK on Saturday, if their park is ready. We should be miles ahead of any part-time side at the moment, even with a bit of recruitment to do. Same again would be nice.

24 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

We should be; although am sure St Mirren thought the same ahead of the weekend. 

Arbroath exist in a galaxy of their own in terms of part-time football. They’re the exception to every possible rule.

35 minutes ago, an86 said:

Saturday has me looking forward to going to Stenhousemuir to watch us play Forfar Athletic on a Tuesday night. Silly club. Silly sport. I think he might go with a similar team and give the younger lads a run at EK on Saturday, if their park is ready. We should be miles ahead of any part-time side at the moment, even with a bit of recruitment to do. Same again would be nice.

I'm expecting Forfar to be a lot better than Stranraer mind you. Have a few useful looking players in their squad