The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

46 minutes ago, an86 said:

Bus situation to Stenny proving the point I made about a tier system for fans. Only available to ST holders and members. No account taken regarding personal circumstances of pay at the gate punters.

Trains to Larbert stop at 9pm on Tuesday and we’re in a situation where it’s easier for a fan who pays at the gate to get to Stranraer on Saturday, than to an actual “home” game. The club is chasing fans away. 

Folk who’ve paid for streams, jerseys, gone up and down the country and they’re not able to get on the bus? Needs sorted. Let’s be quite clear here, we’re playing at Stenny because the club cannot build a stadium competently. That’s not down to the fans and they shouldn’t be disadvantaged as a result of it. Club should be paying whatever they need to pay for as many buses as are required. Get a grip.

Completely agree that the buses should be for all fans, not just those that hold a ST this season.

There will be some fans who have held a ST in previous years, that just cannot make all home games (as possibly at Stennie all season). And their decision to not renew, owing to those reasons, is probably hard enough for them, then throw in exclusion from bus too. 

Having said that, I do appreciate the challenges that come with organising the buses, based on numbers that may be unknown, until close to the actual match days. 

It’s far from ideal and sadly the fans feel the effects hardest - again. 

7 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Having said that, I do appreciate the challenges that come with organising the buses, based on numbers that may be unknown, until close to the actual match days. 

It’s far from ideal and sadly the fans feel the effects hardest - again. 

Fairly easily resolved. Anyone buying a ticket should be able to reserve a place on the bus with their ticket reference. Advertise a cut off point for booking a space. Job done.

The QPSA, run by volunteers, has managed to run well organised transport to away games for decades. There’s no excuse for a professional football club not to be able to do the same for any fan who wants to attend. The point cannot be made strongly enough that the mess that has led us to play at Stenny is entirely on them.

4 hours ago, foreverarover said:

The Clarke epos company is registered to a take away place in Airdrie owned by other people,that went insolvent a couple of years ago. The sad thing is the twats of the lowland league have then as a main sponsor.

Yes that would be my premises !

I see we have signed Michael Doyle who was a stalwart for you guys in The Seaside Leagues going full circle for him as he started with us as a young boy.

Surprised QP let him go but we have needed a right back for years and the last decent one we had was Aaron McGowan.

QP losing a lot of potential support and match day income with the ongoing building works.You guys sure you haven't got Colin McGowan from involved judging by the constant delays?

5 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

I see we have signed Michael Doyle who was a stalwart for you guys in The Seaside Leagues going full circle for him as he started with us as a young boy.

Surprised QP let him go but we have needed a right back for years and the last decent one we had was Aaron McGowan.

QP losing a lot of potential support and match day income with the ongoing building works.You guys sure you haven't got Colin McGowan from involved judging by the constant delays?

A decent, consistent player for us last season along with being a good caption.

I questioned whether he would have lasted the season in the Championship with us; since we dispensed with his services am sure he now has the necessary fire in his belly to do just that.  

6 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Must have been the most borderline choice Coyle had to make. I don’t think Doyle’s a leader of men and if he was allowed to just play his own position, without the burden of the armband, I reckon he might still be with us. Had a good first half of the season but had a variable late season, which probably did for him. There were others in our team who didn’t give as much over the season and they’re still with us. Timing is everything!

If I was allowed one free bet on anything I’d go with Mikey banging in a screamer against QP in the 92nd minute.

I’ll be making my own way to Tuesday’s game but flagging this up as it has a first-come feel to it. Not sure how many seats are on the bus but according to this, it’s just one bus. 

‘The club will running a free bus for all members and season ticket holders to attend this fixture – it is vital those who are looking for a seat on bus register by 4 pm on Monday 11th July.

The bus will leave Lesser Hampden at 6:00pm and return to Lesser Hampden immediately after the game.’

3 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Must have been the most borderline choice Coyle had to make. I don’t think Doyle’s a leader of men and if he was allowed to just play his own position, without the burden of the armband, I reckon he might still be with us. Had a good first half of the season but had a variable late season, which probably did for him. There were others in our team who didn’t give as much over the season and they’re still with us. Timing is everything!

If I was allowed one free bet on anything I’d go with Mikey banging in a screamer against QP in the 92nd minute.

I actually thought Doyle was a good captain last season but I take your point about being left just to get on with his own game. Like a few players, he didn't go into the play offs in the best form but he sure stepped up his form when it mattered in those play offs. That block in the second half against Airdrie was match saving.   

I was gutted for him when he was released. Personally I would have re-signed him for another season. Even as good experienced back up to Naismith. From what I've seen of Naismith, Doyle looks far more mobile and we all know he'd run through a brick wall for the team. I just hope the reason Naismith has been signed is his overall distribution is better (I'll take his defensive qualities as a given) We'll soon find out.  

Edited by Mick1867

4 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I’ll be making my own way to Tuesday’s game but flagging this up as it has a first-come feel to it. Not sure how many seats are on the bus but according to this, it’s just one bus. 

‘The club will running a free bus for all members and season ticket holders to attend this fixture – it is vital those who are looking for a seat on bus register by 4 pm on Monday 11th July.

The bus will leave Lesser Hampden at 6:00pm and return to Lesser Hampden immediately after the game.’

It's good that they've actually updated the info today with the bus times. That did seem a bit of an oversight last night.

I assume there will be more than one bus if there is the demand for it. There has to be be as they have guaranteed free travel for all season ticket holders and members.

Of course EVERYONE should be getting access to these buses and an86's posts have absolutely nailed it. It's been a wee while now since I was involved with running the QPSA buses but sorting numbers and booking was pretty straightforward. "On the day" was the massive pain in the arse 😂 

Edited by Mick1867

New kit out now. Can’t say I’m too fond of the away top in the slightest. Home top looks fine but can’t say the new sponsor looks great on either kit. Was hoping for another whacky away top like last season 

1 minute ago, qpfc said:

New kit out now. Can’t say I’m too fond of the away top in the slightest. Home top looks fine but can’t say the new sponsor looks great on either kit. Was hoping for another whacky away top like last season 

I'm not sure if I actually dislike the tops or whether it's just weird seeing a sponsor that isn't Irn-Bru and I need to get used to it.

Hopefully the third top mentioned on the website will be a bit wild when that launches:

"We are working on a number of partnership initiatives, including the launch of a third kit at Christmas with a design which will capture the spirit of Glasgow."

Tops are alright. Were always going to suffer from following what were arguably the best kits we’ve ever had. Quite like the badge effect behind the red on the away. Didn’t desecrate the home shirt, which is all you can really ask for given that you can’t really do a lot with that classic design.

Just now, CathcartSkins said:

Home top looks good, away top is rather bland.

I was more interested in the line...."set to return to their newly redeveloped home at Lesser Hampden later this season." as opposed to later this year.

It will be 'later this decade' by the time of the next press release.

19 minutes ago, an86 said:

Tops are alright. Were always going to suffer from following what were arguably the best kits we’ve ever had. Quite like the badge effect behind the red on the away. Didn’t desecrate the home shirt, which is all you can really ask for given that you can’t really do a lot with that classic design.

Yeah, think they're both OK. Away top is starting to grow on me. Happy we went back to red with black and the QP badge woven in on the side looks good. 

A round black collar on the hoops is a departure from the usual. And I like the badge going back to white on a black background but don't like the new wording above and below. Seems a pointless addition. Maybe 1867 at a push but having our name above it is unnecessary.

Noticed Kilday had black shorts on but that might just be training kit. Don’t like the black trim, red would have been better, white best. New folks just trying to be different. Neve4 had a black thick band round the neck, although 2006-8 strip had a sliver.

Anyone know why it wasn’t a proper launch with socks & shorts? Never heard of Scott’s. Thought it was porage at first.