The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

7 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Unless I'm missing something, there don't seem to be any Scottish clubs on there, and I know off the top of my head that both Dundee sides and Motherwell are with them too (plus others I'm sure).

That website seems to be more of an online shop than anything else, maybe the deal they give our teams doesn't include Macron selling stuff online for them as well?

I think the website article announcing macron as the new kit suppliers also mentioned a company that would be dealing with selling the kit in our behalf, that also worked with other Scottish clubs. This could explain why Macron aren't selling Scottish kits directly.

1 minute ago, Ben Reilly said:

I think the website article announcing macron as the new kit suppliers also mentioned a company that would be dealing with selling the kit in our behalf, that also worked with other Scottish clubs. This could explain why Macron aren't selling Scottish kits directly.

Also, part of the deal with the new shirt sponsor may give them the option to sell the kits themselves.

21 hours ago, qpfc said:

. Neither keeper had anything to do tbh 

Muir had a couple of saves first half to make from low shots that came through a crowded box, the second one with his feet was pretty smart. But apart from that not much for either keeper to do outside of dealing with pass backs and distribution of the ball. Despite Alloa being the better team second half I can't remember them getting anything on target that Ferrrie had to deal with. There was a one-on-one that the guy blazed wildly over.  Thomson also had a free header second half that floated wide of the post.

Go Radio? Haughey a part owner and their logos have been dotted around the website. As long as it’s not that pandemic weirdo who owns Buck’s Bar replacing them. They’ve been advertising a bit with us. Would be less embarrassed walking into the Warriors Club in a mankini than displaying one of his businesses on my person.

5 minutes ago, an86 said:

Go Radio? Haughey a part owner and their logos have been dotted around the website. As long as it’s not that pandemic weirdo who owns Buck’s Bar replacing them. They’ve been advertising a bit with us. Would be less embarrassed walking into the Warriors Club in a mankini than displaying one of his businesses on my person.

Bit more than 'part'...The K is Kenny Haughey, son of the Laird.

image.thumb.png.b455c7c7345a24926f2fc788597cf70a.png

In similar news....a company called Clarke Epos are in soapy bubble. Previously (2021/2 season) Clarke sponsored (matchday apparel) Falkirk FC who are pursuing Clarke in court for non-payment of sponsorship money and were awarded a summary decree in June 2022. Clarke, a business only two years old, has a share value of £1. One British pound! So what you might say? Turns out the Commercial Director at Falkirk when the Clarke deal was done is now at Glasgow Southside's biggest club! Clarke currently (2022-3) sponsor Livi FC who made a statement this week saying they were having no more to do with them. Let's hope whoever is replacing AG Barr is of a better standing.

I'm sure all this murky money malarkey will be discussed in full at the overdue AGM.

What's murky in terms of QP's finances?  My understanding is that it's not Go Radio who are sponsoring us. Surely not you at the mischievous wind up again, socksy?

There was a photographer at the game on Tuesday who was hoping that the team was going to be wearing the new kit with the new sponsor and he could get a scoop. The name he gave according, to his information, wasn't Go Radio or Bucks Bar.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

32 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

The name he gave according, to his information, wasn't Go Radio or Bucks Bar.

Which saves everyone from the spectacle of the mankini in the Warriors Club.

Quite sad to see the back of irn-bru on the jerseys. Guess we must be getting decent wedge from someone else. 

Will be interested to see who turns up sponsoring the stadium. If and when it’s built. Not many serious brands will be wanting to associate themselves with the current farce. 

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Bit more than 'part'...The K is Kenny Haughey, son of the Laird.

image.thumb.png.b455c7c7345a24926f2fc788597cf70a.png

In similar news....a company called Clarke Epos are in soapy bubble. Previously (2021/2 season) Clarke sponsored (matchday apparel) Falkirk FC who are pursuing Clarke in court for non-payment of sponsorship money and were awarded a summary decree in June 2022. Clarke, a business only two years old, has a share value of £1. One British pound! So what you might say? Turns out the Commercial Director at Falkirk when the Clarke deal was done is now at Glasgow Southside's biggest club! Clarke currently (2022-3) sponsor Livi FC who made a statement this week saying they were having no more to do with them. Let's hope whoever is replacing AG Barr is of a better standing.

I'm sure all this murky money malarkey will be discussed in full at the overdue AGM.

We also had a sponsor who’s had about 3 years of free sponsorship without paying a penny as their deal expired yonks ago. KK really nice guy but the deal he left us in has definitely soured that. 
Alongside us, Livi and Glasgow rocks publishing concerns about Clarke Epos Patrick thistle posted this on LinkedIn 

34E8023D-0588-4FDC-A746-C358ECD53AA3.jpeg

What's murky in terms of QP's finances?  My understanding is that it's not Go Radio who are sponsoring us. Surely not you at the mischievous wind up again, socksy?
There was a photographer at the game on Tuesday who was hoping that the team was going to be wearing the new kit with the new sponsor and he could get a scoop. The name he gave according, to his information, wasn't Go Radio or Bucks Bar.
Scott's?

39 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

The Clarke epos company is registered to a take away place in Airdrie owned by other people,that went insolvent a couple of years ago. The sad thing is the twats of the lowland league have then as a main sponsor.

You’d think that if people in a business have authority to enter into a financial arrangement with another business, they would at least have the savvy to spend 30 seconds or so looking up their trading position on the internet. 

Bus situation to Stenny proving the point I made about a tier system for fans. Only available to ST holders and members. No account taken regarding personal circumstances of pay at the gate punters.

Trains to Larbert stop at 9pm on Tuesday and we’re in a situation where it’s easier for a fan who pays at the gate to get to Stranraer on Saturday, than to an actual “home” game. The club is chasing fans away. 

Folk who’ve paid for streams, jerseys, gone up and down the country and they’re not able to get on the bus? Needs sorted. Let’s be quite clear here, we’re playing at Stenny because the club cannot build a stadium competently. That’s not down to the fans and they shouldn’t be disadvantaged as a result of it. Club should be paying whatever they need to pay for as many buses as are required. Get a grip.

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Wouldn’t be any speculation if the club just did what they should, and communicate.

You’d think that if people in a business have authority to enter into a financial arrangement with another business, they would at least have the savvy to spend 30 seconds or so looking up their trading position on the internet. 
Yup and that was my check including local knowledge