The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Absolutely dying for a rumour here. If Eze is on the way surely to god the paperwork and visas wait can't be that bad?

You are being very, very kind to both the Home Office and DWP here. 

I’ve no idea where this boy Eze is coming from but we signed a French/Congolese midfielder David Bangala from a Slovakian team about a month ago and his visa still hasn’t come through. He was only able to sit his English exam the other day and will need to wait for his results before getting his passport stamped saying he can come over to work.

First sign of work on the East Stand for quite some time today, concrete blocks being installed to make flights of stairs in the stand. More steelwork has been delivered to the South East corner and a crane was in place to assist with lifting it. More of the brick wall at that corner has been knocked down to allow for construction of the turnstile area.

I make it that it's now two years now since work started on Lesser and still not a single seat installed.

2 hours ago, qpsnapper said:

First sign of work on the East Stand for quite some time today, concrete blocks being installed to make flights of stairs in the stand. More steelwork has been delivered to the South East corner and a crane was in place to assist with lifting it. More of the brick wall at that corner has been knocked down to allow for construction of the turnstile area.

I make it that it's now two years now since work started on Lesser and still not a single seat installed.

The planning application was granted on the 23rd December 2019. Thanks for the update.

Hope Willie Muir is OK after being stretchered off last night unconscious after an aerial collision with Charlie Fox. It looked horrible and the game was quite rightly abandoned at 0-0., Every player, especially Charlie, looked pretty upset and the whole ground went silent until he went off to applause. It was only 7 weeks ago we were all celebrating promotion together. 

He'll go down in history as a proper QP legend and one of our greatest keepers so I hope he recovers well so he can continue his football career. He showed last night what a fine goalie he still is before the injury.

Edited by Mick1867

14 hours ago, qpsnapper said:

Maybe they should just ditch the seats and make it all terracing. That might speed things up. 

Dull affair last night, a typical pre season encounter regarding the lack of intensity and purpose in either team’s play. I’d imagine players will try avoid being injured for the real stuff on Saturday. 

I think one position that’s glaringly obvious that needs reinforcements is out wide. For me, longridge quite simply cannot be a regular starter in the championship. He’s not got the legs or output that really justifies him being a staple in the team. To then have Lewis Moore as the current back up winger is just an option that should never be considered during the season. Ideally someone of the ilk of quitongo, when it comes to explosive pace 

Best wishes to Muir also. Never nice to see that happen to any player, never mind someone that’s been associated with the club so long. Neither keeper had anything to do tbh but hopefully that’s not scuppered a move to Alloa for him

There was a guy filming at the game last night as part of the kit launch (even though we were wearing last seasons away kit again🤷‍♂️)

Apparently he was at the training ground earlier in the day. Sounds like we'll be seeing it before the end of the week.

14 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

There was a guy filming at the game last night as part of the kit launch (even though we were wearing last seasons away kit again🤷‍♂️)

Apparently he was at the training ground earlier in the day. Sounds like we'll be seeing it before the end of the week.

We’ve still not made the drop down box on Macron’s site…did anyone  tell the office that ICT isn’t actually the first game?😬

https://www.macron.com/uk/official-jerseys/worldwide-football.html

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

21 hours ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Absolutely dying for a rumour here. 

The rumour amongst the more mature blue rinse brigade of the southside is that the club has bought the hairdresser's that sits beside the car park at Lesser 

Whether it's to give cut and blow dries at half time or to extend the car park by a few square metres is to be confirmed....

Edited by JT1867

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

We’ve still not made the drop down box on Macron’s site…did anyone  tell the office that ICT isn’t actually the first game?😬

https://www.macron.com/uk/official-jerseys/worldwide-football.html

Unless I'm missing something, there don't seem to be any Scottish clubs on there, and I know off the top of my head that both Dundee sides and Motherwell are with them too (plus others I'm sure).

That website seems to be more of an online shop than anything else, maybe the deal they give our teams doesn't include Macron selling stuff online for them as well?

27 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Tommy Robson has been like a new signing

The improvement in his defensive game has been pretty remarkable in 2022 and it’s no coincidence that he’s went up another level since a legitimate manager in Coyle has came in. Outwith Fox obviously, I would say he’s now become our most reliable performer in terms of consistency. Fair play to him 

Edited by qpfc