The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

To be fair to Ferrie, he produced at least six outstanding saves and kept us from being skelped by a team well into their pre season and playing in Europe very soon.

There's a bit of the gallusness about Williamson that impresses me and some of these kids don't look like kids. I can see why we've signed them up.

The "trialist" certainly looked the part.

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Presented without comment.

The cynic in me wonders if there is a deliberate attempt to price out kids due to our fairly low capacity at both Ochilview and Lesser.

If we had an attractive offer for low priced kids tickets is there a potential for demand to exceed stadium capacity (especially if we are prioritising full price paying adults).

Seems like a terrible business model, but could this be yet another drawback of the stadium fiasco.

If we were playing in the south side in a stadium with a suitable capacity for the championship (or been aspirational and built one ready for the premiership) would we be seeing much more affordable prices so we could increase our chances of filling it?

43 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

The cynic in me wonders if there is a deliberate attempt to price out kids due to our fairly low capacity at both Ochilview and Lesser.

If we had an attractive offer for low priced kids tickets is there a potential for demand to exceed stadium capacity (especially if we are prioritising full price paying adults).

Seems like a terrible business model, but could this be yet another drawback of the stadium fiasco.

If we were playing in the south side in a stadium with a suitable capacity for the championship (or been aspirational and built one ready for the premiership) would we be seeing much more affordable prices so we could increase our chances of filling it?

That stadium will never be built at Lesser, alas. 

1 hour ago, Ben Reilly said:

I think your are spot on with this, accurate rather than cynical 

Pleasantly surprised as to how well we shaped up against a really decent side for the entire 90 minutes. Really encouraging performances across the vast majority of the team but more notably I was extremely impressed with Murray and Savoury. 

Also, get Patrick Jarrett signed up. Scored a terrific goal but his all round play looked very accomplished, really liked the look of him

2 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Did Utrecht field a strong team? Four goals against anyone is a big improvement.

Teams weren't listed but the first half appeared to be a decent strength team despite Barkas being in goal. Second half they appeared to substitute a few but even at that we are unlikely to come across the type of football that Utrecht played in the Championship. The ball hardly left the ground. Savoury goal was excellent. Murray harrassed and scored twice and Ferrie did not put a foot wrong with a string of top rate saves.

17 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Did Utrecht field a strong team? Four goals against anyone is a big improvement.

I'm not entirely sure how close this is to their full team, but here's how they lined up:

May be an image of 1 person and text that says "2 JUL 18.00 UUR VRIENDSCHAPPELIJK SPORTCOMPLEX ZOUDENBALCH 1 BARKAS 5 TER AVEST 6 MAHER 11 MAHI 14 RAWLINS 18 VEERMAN 24 VIERGEVER 29 SYLLA 38 SHEIN 40 LOTTIN 44 KLUIVERT F RESERVES: Nijhuis, Brouwers, Booth, Van der Kust, Mokono, Van de Streek, Boussaid, Van der Hoorn, Mallahi, Azrak, Meissen. LINEUP"

A mix of first team players and Young FC Utrecht players. Very impressed with QP today. For a while early in the second half it looked like they were going to blow us away but the longer the game went on the better the grip we got on it. Young Queen's Park looking good for the future!  The Utrecht twitter noted that they had won their last 4 outings against Scottish clubs - v Celtic, Dundee Utd 2x and Ross County. A good afternoon's work by The Spiders.

Their youth team played earlier in the day so this was their first team pool.

Outstanding display overall. They changed the full team at half time and we matched them for fitness over the 90 minutes when I thought that we'd flag.

Murray was applauded when he went off; well deserved as he was easily the best guy on the park. Robson is a step up to where he was last year. Given a hard time and coped with it all.

interesting in both games that the refs just let the game flow. I thought the guy today was a bit of a homer though.

You have to be happy with this today.  All this and wee guys in black and balaclavas setting off flares outside. We've arrived.

The crowd was about 1200.

Edited by Hampden Diehard