The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

6 hours ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Really good interview. Interesting that Hearts being in Europe might mean he stays because they’ll need a bigger squad.

Touches on different managers and playing styles at QP… look out for one clunking big fucking bombshell towards the end…

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-in-spain-dutch-philosophy-takes-connor-smith-nearer-tynecastle-dream-3749821

Despite the obvious positives about his time at Queen's, my East Coast scouting network delighted in bringing that line to my attention: 

“Queen’s Park is a massive club, I don’t think people realise how big. I think they are hoping Lesser Hampden will be ready later this year or next year. 

On 27/06/2022 at 14:05, Spider Rico said:

First friendly on Wednesday where presumably the new kit will be worn, wonder if we are going to get a reveal of it in advance?

From the picture accompanying the match report on our website, it seems we were wearing last seasons Admiral away kit for the game.

Very strange situation?

43 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

From the picture accompanying the match report on our website, it seems we were wearing last seasons Admiral away kit for the game.

Very strange situation?

Macron was announced as "the club’s new Technical Kit Partner from July 1st" so I'm guessing they can't launch the new kit before that?

13 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

Macron was announced as "the club’s new Technical Kit Partner from July 1st" so I'm guessing they can't launch the new kit before that?

You could well be right there, I hadn't thought of that. Though it still seems strange that we've had dozens of pictures over the last few weeks showing Macron training kit but can't show the new strip, but who knows how these contracts work.

Hopefully we'll get to see ot on Friday and wear it against Utrecht on Saturday.

If thats the case though the kit man must be a bit pissed off having to bring a whole load of extra kits all the way to Holland and back😄

On 18/06/2022 at 18:19, Velvet Donkey said:

Great news! Given the options he will have north and south of the border, the club have done well to secure him. An important deal.

Club captain?

On 18/06/2022 at 18:20, qpfc said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if the captaincy was given to Robson tbh 

Kilday wearing the (generic yellow) armband against Lokomotiva.

Of course that doesn't necessarily mean he'll be the new captain (especially as i dont imagine he'll be a regular starter if Eze signs, unless we play a back 3) , but most of the other candidates were playing too.

9 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

Wouldn’t be the first time a manufacturer has oversubscribed. Must be a hectic time for them across the globe. Unless of course somebody forgot to sign-off the proof🥺

Update: just read a story on Thistle’s new top, due for launch on Friday. So it’s probably a contractual thing for us too. Ignore my speculative nonsense above.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

Just a pit of perspective on our opponents yesterday…

“In the 2019–20 season, which was interrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic, Lokomotiva had the best season in its history, finishing in second place in the league and finishing as runners-up in the Croatian Football Cup, losing 1–0 to Rijeka in the final. With Croatia's improved UEFA Ranking, this meant that Lokomotiva went into the 2020–21 UEFA Champions Leaguequalifying rounds for the first time in its history, where it drew SK Rapid Wien in the second qualifying round.”

8 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

Kilday wearing the (generic yellow) armband against Lokomotiva.

Of course that doesn't necessarily mean he'll be the new captain (especially as i dont imagine he'll be a regular starter if Eze signs, unless we play a back 3) , but most of the other candidates were playing too.

Maybe just trying all the options, just like players/formats etc. I recall one game last year where the armband was worn by 3 players. As for the colour, Arnhem has an uncomfortable seat in German history. Respect to our hosts perhaps.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Update: just read a story on Thistle’s new top, due for launch on Friday. So it’s probably a contractual thing for us too. Ignore my speculative nonsense above.

We've had the same manufacturer and sponsor for 3 years now but it would make sense that you might have to hold it back if there's a change. 

11 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

Very strange situation?

Perhaps our new Macron home kit clashed with the Lokomotiva top. Or are we just bringing home their kit? 

43 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Maybe just trying all the options, just like players/formats etc. I recall one game last year where the armband was worn by 3 players. As for the colour, Arnhem has an uncomfortable seat in German history. Respect to our hosts perhaps.

Yeah, I did wonder if international relations were taken into account with the choice of armband.

57 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

Yeah, I did wonder if international relations were taken into account with the choice of armband.

Going back on your earlier re the kit man...I'd expect two strips to travel, just in case. That makes more sense now...the new one is in the DoF's bedroom pending the big launch. No doubt we'll be getting online offers to buy, tomorrow ;)

34 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Going back on your earlier re the kit man...I'd expect two strips to travel, just in case. That makes more sense now...the new one is in the DoF's bedroom pending the big launch. No doubt we'll be getting online offers to buy, tomorrow ;)

Yes, i'd expect we would have two different kits available while away. I'm sure we will have both new home and away kits given the change in supplier, and so assumed we would launch both together, therefore potentially bringing three sets of kits to Holland. But you could be right and we are launching them seperatly therefore not bringing the new away kit on this trip.

I'm sure I'm over analysing all of this, at least it's only just over a week now till we have some games to talk about again.

Looking at those highlights from yesterday’s game, it’s still evident that a 1st choice keeper is desperately needed. We just can’t afford to have a keeper that produces blunders like that 1st goal 

Delighted to see Williamson score. It’s a hell of a jump in opposition for him this season but he knows where the back of the net is and he’s proved so in the Glasgow cup and pre season so far. Looks a great find 

Edited by qpfc

3 hours ago, CathcartSkins said:

Perhaps our new Macron home kit clashed with the Lokomotiva top. Or are we just bringing home their kit? 

I hope not. White with purple trim? 

May be an image of 5 people, people standing, people playing sport and outdoors

Edited by Mick1867