The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

44 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

That’s the thing, the matter of time. It’s actually written into the Articles that it should be held in May. Hence why they just can’t glibly change it as it would necessitate a members vote. Instead, they just ignore it. I found the last impromptu one in August quite positive but sadly, like last August’s, it’s all been a damp squib regarding the non-playing events. I guess anything regarding money is increasingly awkward for the Director’s to discuss/explain.

In other news, I hear the owner of the Warrior’s Club is a bit moist at the thought of weegiecash coming through every couple of weeks. Glad somebody’s happy.

Do they have special dispensation to hold it whenever they like since Covid came on the scene? Last year's was of course held in December. Nothing stopping them holding them sooner now of course. Like you, I also found the last members' meeting quite positive ( take it you mean the one held earlier this year) 

I will be happier once we get to that pub, I promise.

34 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

That adds to your theory then. Sure he would have asked for it.

Less of a theory and more blind hope and boredom that brought that about. It could be blown out the water given that all the traditional defensive numbers seem to be taken and Eze ain't here yet, unless their hedging their bets in case he doesn't get a visa, or he has asked for a particular number (Murray is 23 again which I assume was his choice)

Like others I'd be surprised if Williamson would be a regular starter in the Championship given he's never played a game in the SPFL, but I'd be delighted if he gets a good run in the team and racks up the goals like he did with Cambuslang.

14 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

After a rigorous interview process, Owen Coyle Jr has been appointed Head Coach of Young Queen’s Park 

Terrible, terrible optics. By all accounts a great lad and may very well be a great coach, but no getting away from how it looks from the outside.

40 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Can anyone confirm our game against Lokomotiva Zagreb today. So far I've seen 1pm, 2pm, 3:30pm, 4pm, 4:30pm, 'cancelled' and 'this evening'. I understand it was being streamed live.

Came across this on Faceache - 

8kbYbX_1gZH.png
  · 57m  · 

Really good interview. Interesting that Hearts being in Europe might mean he stays because they’ll need a bigger squad.

Touches on different managers and playing styles at QP… look out for one clunking big fucking bombshell towards the end…

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-in-spain-dutch-philosophy-takes-connor-smith-nearer-tynecastle-dream-3749821

Really good interview. Interesting that Hearts being in Europe might mean he stays because they’ll need a bigger squad.

Touches on different managers and playing styles at QP… look out for one clunking big fucking bombshell towards the end…

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-in-spain-dutch-philosophy-takes-connor-smith-nearer-tynecastle-dream-3749821
Table tennis FFS!

4 hours ago, an86 said:

Terrible, terrible optics. By all accounts a great lad and may very well be a great coach, but no getting away from how it looks from the outside.

Even as a neutral, I couldn't agree more. What would possibly make you name your son after yourself when your name's Owen?

On 28/06/2022 at 12:55, Mick1867 said:

When we played at Airdrie for a year it was free for ALL supporters regardless of "status" 

I realise they are using this as a carrot to encourage folk to get season tickets and they probably think free buses justifies the prices for concessions and kids but nobody is going to be convinced by that.  Not our fault they've fucked the Lesser rebuild 

Surely commonsense will prevail and everyone will be able to get on these buses (even if they charge others a few quid, the equivalent of a return bus ticket to Firhill last season)  If not then they are effectively discouraging us from bringing along kids or other family members/ mates to watch us now and again who aren't diehards like the rest of us. How are we supposed to get new fans by dividing the support like that?

Part of the problem Mick, is in my opinion, that apart from 3 current members, the Committee are all really new, including the current President and the immediate past President, so they are not aware what the club has done in the past, like letting in Season ticket holders for play-off games, although they now know and have let us know in advanvce this season.  The CEO is, it appears, coming up with suggestions and they are being agreed, without knowledge of what happened in the past. Maybe, and I mean maybe, the 3 who have been there for a good while, are being voted down!!!

The price of £95 for under 16s is out of order, a real encouragement to bring youngsters along, I don't think.