The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

looked out over the club’s new training facility at Lochinch in Glasgow’s Pollok Park.” So is that the press telling us the deal is done?

The deal has been done for quite a while as far as I believe, and we officially took over on the 1st of June.

I was talking to one of the womens players this morning who was talking about the plans for new and/or upgraded pitches going in at somepoint now that we "own it" (my understanding is that we don't actually "own it" but have signed a 50 year lease, which to be fair she also mentioned at one point)

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

Reassuring to read that he’s aware that we’re still a few players away from a competitive lineup. Obviously one looks like to be Stephen Eze which should be an interesting one. 13 caps for Nigeria and was in the preliminary squad for the 2018 World Cup. At 28, should be a really solid addition  

Wonder aswell what players he’s spoke to who are well known internationals in this country but doesn’t expect to sign them. Whether that’s past or present internationals, I’ve no idea but someone like Chris Burke sprung to mind immediately

I wondered if one of those may have been Shankland. Based on nothing at all other than he used to play for us, and it looks like he's heading back to Scotland. I think I read that Hearts are interested in him, which may be why Coyle says he doesn't expect them to sign, but if you don't ask.....

22 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

I wondered if one of those may have been Shankland. Based on nothing at all other than he used to play for us, and it looks like he's heading back to Scotland. I think I read that Hearts are interested in him, which may be why Coyle says he doesn't expect them to sign, but if you don't ask.....

Kev McDonald played for him at Burnley. Kicked a ball for Dundee United last season after coming back from serious illness.  Would fall under the international definition.

28 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

Shankland to QP? Behave!

On 24/06/2022 at 16:02, Dooflick said:

Brilliant, sure cheered me up. Re the President, heard a couple of folk talking as I passed Lesser last week, on the way to my sisters, that he is standing again. Unopposed I presume!!!!

Well his first two years have been such a success off the pitch who wouldn't want another year?

3 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Shankland to QP? Behave!

Perhaps I could have made my post clearer, and perhaps you could have read the article it referred to. I was spitballing ideas of who a "High profile International in this country" might be.

I could have made it clearer that I don't actually expect him to join us this summer, just like the article says that Coyle doesn't think whoever he is referring to will sign.

The article gives the impression however that we're not afraid to speak to players who are probably out of our league and at least sound them out, regardless if the probability that they won't be interested. I'm going to take that as an encouraging sign if our ambition.

Like I said, if you don't ask....

7 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

The deal has been done for quite a while as far as I believe, and we officially took over on the 1st of June.

I was talking to one of the womens players this morning who was talking about the plans for new and/or upgraded pitches going in at somepoint now that we "own it" (my understanding is that we don't actually "own it" but have signed a 50 year lease, which to be fair she also mentioned at one point)

I’m surprised they didn’t make more noise about it. A long-term lease makes a big statement about the clubs future. I just assumed when it was trailed by the CEO, who seemed quite chuffed about it, at the last members meeting she’d be keen to let us know. Any off-field achievement is welcome at the  moment.

12 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I’m surprised they didn’t make more noise about it. A long-term lease makes a big statement about the clubs future. I just assumed when it was trailed by the CEO, who seemed quite chuffed about it, at the last members meeting she’d be keen to let us know. Any off-field achievement is welcome at the  moment.

Be fair. We’ve been far too busy not building a stadium to announce any positive off field news.

12 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

To be fair, despite speaking to a few insiders, most of my understanding of the Lochinch lease is based on what was said at members meetings, and a few tv/radio/podcast interviews I've heard Dempster do. She seems to be taking any opportunity she can to mention it.

12 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Leigh Griffiths fighting (boxing) back to fitness. Lost a lot of weight. Could he be one of the "internationalists" Owen was talking to?

Wouldn’t go near him. Looked utterly finished and disinterested at Falkirk. The guy can barely move around the pitch nowadays

Riordan trajectory. Wonderful talent, terrible professional, questionable character. Any experienced heads we bring in should be model pros.

Would love to see us in for Chris Burke. 38 years old, could retire tomorrow and live a nice life, left Killie because he genuinely still wants to play football, rather than coach. Still an excellent player and would be a great role model for the kids on the training ground. Wouldn’t get 90 minute shifts out of him on a weekly basis, but would be worth his weight in gold to have around the place. Like Haughey and Coyle, a Gorbals boy as well.