The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

9 minutes ago, qpfc said:

I’m fine with loan signings to solely supplement the squad, instead of last years shambles of basically fielding half a team of loans. It’s hard to get a real bond with the players when they’re contracted to multiple different clubs. Every club uses the loan system and I think we’ll be no different. 2 or 3 loans a season is fine with me. Would still happily take Connor smith back on loan again if the option arises during the summer 

I agree with this. Last season's loan "policy" was bizarre but over the years we have had some decent loanees with Smith & Connell the most recent examples.

As others have said, we should be an attractive club for "big" clubs to lend their promising starlets to. We just need to be a bit more discerning  and make sure the deal is attractive to us as well.

1 hour ago, an86 said:

I’m not sure if Leeann Dempster realised how many of our fans lived locally and had functioning sets of eyes when, as late as last month, she insisted there was a chance we’d be back home by July. I want to believe that she believed it, but I’m having some difficulty with that one. Simon Murray lighting up the playoffs has taken a massive amount of heat off her.

I know folk at the club read things on here. Wouldn’t dream of speaking for anyone else in the support but, as a punter, please do not make the next proclamation on the stadium absolute bullshit. If it’s going to be next year or even next season, just serve us the horrific tasting medicine. No point in anyone stringing anyone along.

48AC0431-C9F2-475B-B36C-C6844964A133.thumb.jpeg.2492c58d06809556f0cea56898f31ad8.jpeg 

Totally agree with you on this. The ever extending move in date is really disheartening. A set date - no matter how far in the future helps everyone (especially those considering a season ticket).

Promotion and the recent signings have shifted the focus but it will come back as soon as we play our first 'home' match at Stenny. 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Leeann Dempster inherited the problem. Actually don’t blame her for any of the actual disaster itself. I’d simply rather she called a shit sandwich a shit sandwich, rather than get the hopes of the fans up. Every single person I’ve spoken to was, to be kind, highly sceptical of the July date. 

Your stadium and surrounds are the heartbeat and essence of a football club. Without it, regardless of success, it feels a bit soulless. We need a focal point for the club. The social club and the stadium are what that should have been by now.

I agree with this too. My understanding is that Dempster was the one who came in, took a look at the stadium plans and then changed them for the better (mostly). 

Having the changing rooms beside the pitch instead of behind the stand in the farmhouse is much better, as is moving the pitch north to accommodate the south 'away' stand. I also think rejigging the layout of the Mcalpine building is a good idea too as the L shaped main bar area was never ideal.

The down side to all these positive changes however is the delay in getting back into the stadium, but as has been said, that would have been made more palatable if the reasons had been well communicated along with realistic timescales for completion.

With that said, the one change I think we all dislike is the ripping out of the work already completed on the West stand to accommodate the directors stand which among other complaints will reduce our potential maximum capacity.

2 hours ago, an86 said:

Leeann Dempster inherited the problem. Actually don’t blame her for any of the actual disaster itself. I’d simply rather she called a shit sandwich a shit sandwich, rather than get the hopes of the fans up. 

You’ve probably guessed by now this isn’t my first rodeo on this subject. She was without guilt for the first mess for sure. But the questions she was asked at last August’s meeting proved to me she's clueless on the stadium business and her appointment of an interior designer rather than architect on the west elevation is precisely why there’s no progress on that phase. As for the east and south, the significant changes have been amendments to the original design, no more. There’s nothing in the east stand that could possibly have taken this long to build if we had employed a competent contractor. And the south should have been built by now too. There’s no continuity, no programme of works, no trades co-ordination and evidently no procurement timetable either.

The original design was poor because that was the brief given to the construction architects, Holmes Miller. It was a poor brief because the committee had no experience of this and their only driver was not to spend more than £1.5m. So it follows that the new design must have been approved by someone who isn’t blinkered by money. But here’s the twist.

Once the design is approved a Bill of Quantities is extracted which is the pricing document for the tender which is then issued for pricing to bidders. The original contract had 3 bidders which would be typical for a contract this size. Once all that gets rinsed through the Client then knows if he can afford the design as approved or if not, value engineering kicks in. My concern is that all of this has been skipped, the Laird has called his ghillie in to have a go hence costs are rocketing and time is wasting away. How much control Dempster has over this I don’t know but as the club’s CEO it’s not nearly enough.

All of which begs the real question? Just who exactly is running QPFC these days?

12 hours ago, GM1867 said:

Totally agree with you on this. The ever extending move in date is really disheartening. A set date - no matter how far in the future helps everyone (especially those considering a season ticket).

Promotion and the recent signings have shifted the focus but it will come back as soon as we play our first 'home' match at Stenny. 

Agree. I will not be renewing my season ticket until some credible timetable for Lesser is issued. I have no intention of travelling to Stenhousemuir (no offence to them ) for "home" games. Lesser appears to be being built by a bunch of cowboys who come in when they have spare time from their proper job. Rome was built more quickly than this and it was not built in a day. It is such a shame when all other aspects of the club are beginning to click. Even if/when it is finished it will we totally unsuitable for our expectations. The directors' stand is a joke and I would like an explanation from the club why in 2022/2023 this is a necessary requirement.

Louis Longridge has signed a one year extension, with an option for an additional year.

"I am delighted to finally get the deal done. I was in constant contact with the club and made up my mind as soon as I knew the club wanted to extend my deal. "

4 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

Agree. I will not be renewing my season ticket until some credible timetable for Lesser is issued. I have no intention of travelling to Stenhousemuir (no offence to them ) for "home" games. Lesser appears to be being built by a bunch of cowboys who come in when they have spare time from their proper job. Rome was built more quickly than this and it was not built in a day. It is such a shame when all other aspects of the club are beginning to click. Even if/when it is finished it will we totally unsuitable for our expectations. The directors' stand is a joke and I would like an explanation from the club why in 2022/2023 this is a necessary requirement.

Apparently the end of September is the current target for completion of Lesser.

Whether we are allowed to move back then if the target is met, or made to wait until after 18 games (like 2014) is another matter.

Edited by JT1867

2 minutes ago, JT1867 said:

Apparently the end is September is the current target for completion of Lesser.

Whether we are allowed to move back then if the target is met, or made to wait until after 18 games (like 2014) is another matter.

I will believe that when I see it. However fingers crossed.

8 minutes ago, JT1867 said:

Apparently the end is September is the current target for completion of Lesser.

Get Eddie to have a word with the builders. I'm sure he could "motivate" them to get the stadium completed in double quick time.

On 17/06/2022 at 23:34, qpfc said:

How far away are we thinking we are to a legitimate first 11 to compete in the championship? Quickly drafted an idea in my head where I think we’re at 

Ferrie 

Naismith  New  Fox(🤞) Robson 

Brown      New 

New         Savoury        Thomas 

Murray/New 

The likes of Kilday, Thomson and Davidson can fill in various positions but I imagine they might end up being squad players across the season 

Some key positions to be filled still I’d say. Vital a quality defensive midfielder is brought in. Don’t really want to be seeing Brown hung out to dry on defensive duties as much this season. As much as I like Murray, it’s still key we try and recruit further attacking options 

so with Fox & Longridge signed up I would guess our strongest 11 at present is:

Ferrie 

Naismith  Kilday Fox  Robson 

Brown      Thomson

Longridge  Savoury  Thomas 

Murray 

And I don't think that is strong enough to finish mid table in the Championship.

I  agree with you, we need alternatives to Kilday, Thomson, Longridge and Murray.

On 20/06/2022 at 09:00, CathcartSkins said:

Are we shunning the option of players on loan this season; or is the plan to use the Young Team instead of a loanee? Am certainly keen on that brave new world;  so long as supporters accept that young players make mistakes. 

Bit more of a clue here...

Owen Coyle: A great fit with the attractive vison on football we have’
“We are very happy  to have re-signed Louis to the club. Louis is a creative player that can handle the ball very well. He is pleasing to the eye and he has shown, last season, that he’s a great fit with the attractive vision on football we have. Louis also is a fantastic personality which is very important to have in every team. That will be a good inspiration as well for the young prospects that will play more and more in our first team.”

24 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Bit more of a clue here...

Owen Coyle: A great fit with the attractive vison on football we have’
“We are very happy  to have re-signed Louis to the club. Louis is a creative player that can handle the ball very well. He is pleasing to the eye and he has shown, last season, that he’s a great fit with the attractive vision on football we have. Louis also is a fantastic personality which is very important to have in every team. That will be a good inspiration as well for the young prospects that will play more and more in our first team.”

Sounds like the innovative team recruitment philisophy is coming together; am happy with that and being brave to use the Young Team as ready made loanees when required.  

1 hour ago, JT1867 said:

Apparently the end of September is the current target for completion of Lesser.

That means one serious three-month-shift to complete by the September Weekend.

34 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

Ferrie 

Brown      Thomson

Murray 

And I don't think that is strong enough to finish mid table in the Championship.

I  agree with you, we need alternatives to Kilday, Thomson, Longridge and Murray.

It definitely is. I posted it on another thread, but there is very little between sides in this league. QP additions so far put them into the pack. From the players I do know from that line up I think Ferrie may be a weak link though 

38 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

Ferrie 

Brown      Thomson

Murray 

Mid-table....what's is the matter with you man! That is a top 4 line up....Keep the Faith.  

48 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

That means one serious three-month-shift to complete by the September Weekend.

I see Challenge Anneka is returning to our screens. Only way September is happening. 

I don't think recruitment is anywhere near finished. I'll be amazed if we don't see more new faces in pretty much every position between now and the league starting - the 30th of July is still a long while away.

I think our priorities should be another strong centre half (Stephen Eze?), a proven goalscorer, a pacey winger and possibly even a more experienced goalkeeper too.

23 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

I don't think recruitment is anywhere near finished. I'll be amazed if we don't see more new faces in pretty much every position between now and the league starting - the 30th of July is still a long while away.

I think our priorities should be another strong centre half (Stephen Eze?), a proven goalscorer, a pacey winger and possibly even a more experienced goalkeeper too.

A lot of talk on the Ayr thread about Adeloye possibly joining us. 11 goals in the championship last season and just announced he’s not signing a deal at Ayr. Never watched him but would take anyone that could hit double figures 

A lot of talk on the Ayr thread about Adeloye possibly joining us. 11 goals in the championship last season and just announced he’s not signing a deal at Ayr. Never watched him but would take anyone that could hit double figures 

He’ll deservedly get a lot of credit for the goals he scored in a rotten team but f**k me he wasn’t half frustrating. Can sometimes be clinical then other times miss really easy chances. He can also be quite petulant and tries to dive from time to time. Picked up a few bookings just for complaining.

Bullen basically said that you need to really understand the guy as a person and get him to trust you. Once you do that he’s a real asset but he reckons a lot of managers will struggle to connect with him. I think he could do with another year at this level instead of jumping straight to Killie as I don’t see him doing much in the Premiership just yet.