The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

So, of the people offered contracts, all have accepted so far, except Longridge and Fox.
I really don’t like this drip feeding the signings.

Any news of new kit would also be welcomed.

19 minutes ago, Ray Patterson said:

On the stadium, maybe it's too small but now that Pollok have a licence is that not a suitable venue (or any of the other Glasgow WOSFL clubs)?

Does Newlandsfield not still have no toilets/facilities? Visited a couple years back and the only option was to pish behind one if the stands. Don't think that would suit Championship. Also there's no seats(terracing is better), but I assume there must be a requirement for some seats at least.

Not sure about other WoSFL Glasgow grounds but wouldn't imagine any are suitable.

17 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Does Newlandsfield not still have no toilets/facilities? Visited a couple years back and the only option was to pish behind one if the stands. Don't think that would suit Championship. Also there's no seats(terracing is better), but I assume there must be a requirement for some seats at least.

Not sure about other WoSFL Glasgow grounds but wouldn't imagine any are suitable.

Toilets are one of the conditions of licencing, but yeah that's a valid point on Seats

12 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Happy with this. From what I know of him he’s a more defensive minded full-back to a player such as Robson. Much as Doyle was a grafter, Naismith is undoubtedly an upgrade. A positive to see he has plenty of experience at this level before and of course there’s that existing Owen Coyle link. 

I very much echo the sentiments about the drip drip of signings (especially in the ‘apprentice’ category). Get it’s nice for these lads and their families to see their names and stories here, but honestly a bit frustrating for fans. Admittedly I don’t imagine there will be many more. Hopefully we’ll have the frequency of updates on senior ‘core’ players intensifying tomorrow as pre-season begins. If anyone’s got a spare half hour, get down to Lochinch. See what you can see…..

Fox 2 year contract tomorrow please :))

On the stadium, maybe it's too small but now that Pollok have a licence is that not a suitable venue (or any of the other Glasgow WOSFL clubs)?

WOSFL from this season aren't allowing ground shares on grass so Newlansfield would be a non-starter. Also Championship grounds require seating plus iirc at a minimum a bronze license that'd rule out not only Pollok but also Benburb or Glencairn.

How far away are we thinking we are to a legitimate first 11 to compete in the championship? Quickly drafted an idea in my head where I think we’re at 

Ferrie 

Naismith  New  Fox(🤞) Robson 

Brown      New 

New         Savoury        Thomas 

Murray/New 

The likes of Kilday, Thomson and Davidson can fill in various positions but I imagine they might end up being squad players across the season 

Some key positions to be filled still I’d say. Vital a quality defensive midfielder is brought in. Don’t really want to be seeing Brown hung out to dry on defensive duties as much this season. As much as I like Murray, it’s still key we try and recruit further attacking options 

Edited by qpfc

31 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

WOSFL from this season aren't allowing ground shares on grass so Newlansfield would be a non-starter. Also Championship grounds require seating plus iirc at a minimum a bronze license that'd rule out not only Pollok but also Benburb or Glencairn.

So that just leaves Holm Park which already has two clubs playing on it and Petershill which has like a million sides playing on it.

How far away are we thinking we are to a legitimate first 11 to compete in the championship? Quickly drafted an idea in my head where I think we’re at 

Ferrie 
Naismith  New  Fox([emoji1696]) Robson 
              Brown      New 
New         Savoury        Thomas 
                 Murray/New 
The likes of Kilday, Thomson and Davidson can fill in various positions but I imagine they might end up being squad players across the season 
Some key positions to be filled still I’d say. Vital a quality defensive midfielder is brought in. Don’t really want to be seeing Brown hung out to dry on defensive duties as much this season. As much as I like Murray, it’s still key we try and recruit further attacking options 
I'd like to think Thomson is ready to play alongside Brown. Otherwise agree.

4 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Central defence is a worry right now. Is Eze coming? The longer it is taking to announce Fox the more pessimistic I become. Give him a three year year contract and the captaincy. Without him we will be only half the team we were.

I tend to think Fox isn't coming back at this stage, but I seriously hope I'm wrong. Unless he's off on a month long holiday or something I don't see why it would take this long to get a new contract sorted, especially considering he'd have been a priority.

On 16/06/2022 at 14:20, Spider Rico said:

Not heard anything about that at our end, been very quiet in terms of signing rumours actually.

Mostly just been various youth team/apprentice players being paraded this week

Interesting to see that the son of ex QP hero, David Graham, think if I remember correctly David scored the clubs 5,000t goal, has signed a 3 year deal with us. If he does as well as his dad that will be brilliant.

Would be naive to think Fox won’t have offers on the table and would be considering all of his options. He’s got every attribute you want in a centre back, he’s young and the fact he’s came up from London means he may feel more inclined to go back down south now that he’s established himself at a club and got his name out there. He’d easily be one of the top defenders in the championship if he signs on again 

There’s no doubt the club would of made him a very decent contract offer. Just hope we hear sooner rather than later 

Edited by qpfc

2 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

Central defence is a worry right now. Is Eze coming? The longer it is taking to announce Fox the more pessimistic I become. Give him a three year year contract and the captaincy. Without him we will be only half the team we were.

I was speaking recently to someone who's in and around Lesser regularly who said he was told that Eze was coming but they were waiting to get work permit/visa etc sorted out. 

Just what he'd heard, but hopefully it's true.

Whether that's to replace Fox or play beside him is the question we all want answered.

16 hours ago, montheton said:

Ive prob missed it but cant you use hampden for the short term?

I'm sure the SFA would give that serious consideration, then piss themselves laughing. We couldn't even have one last game at Hampden in front of the fans so they're hardly going to accommodate us like this.