The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

Good to see all the yoots signing on - bright future. Although not massively surprised there's some confusion on the web with the pics - they all look utterly identical to me!

Great news on Murray, real asset to the squad and encouraging comments from Coyle about about playing style and how we intend to use him this season. 

Quite excited to see how the squad shapes up over the next couple of weeks. Got real faith on the recruitment front. 

2 hours ago, qpfc said:

Tbf I think there was every right to question whether Murray was worth holding on to prior to the playoffs. Other than a terrific first couple months, he didn’t look his usual self for long periods(I’m going to assume his eventual knee problem may have contributed to that?) Whilst also recognising he was probably the highest earner at the club. At that point in time before the playoffs, you probably weren’t getting value for money from him 

However, what cannot be disputed is how much of an asset he is when he’s fully fit and firing. Murray was unplayable in the playoffs and you could argue he single handedly won us promotion. Not only that, his enthusiasm to get the fans going is brilliant, you just can’t dislike the guy. 

Really hoping he gets a season injury free cause he certainly deserves it 

Not quite single handedly. Rewatch the goal at Dunfermline. Amazing work done by Bob.

Edited by spiders4ever

8 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

Not quite single handedly. Rewatch the goal at Dunfermline. Amazing work done by Bob.

Ach obviously not literally but his contribution was the reason we went up. In the play offs alone he got Ambrose sent off, scored the winner against Dunfermline, scored both legs against Airdrie and won the penalty in the process

I’d call that single handedly in my eyes 

30 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

At first glance, we seem to be alternate home games with Stenny for the most part so should limit the number of Friday/Sunday games 

I think Syngenta are playing at Ochilview tooimage.png.dc59f04508327d53e8c1d9f95025d203.png

Edited by Arachnophile

11 hours ago, DundeeSpider1867 said:

Regan Tumilty formerly of Raith seemed to be suggesting he’s leaving Raith on Twitter. I’d gladly have him, proven he’s got a decent final ball.

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Could see him ending up at QP or something. Fits the bill 

Tumilty will be leaving Raith to look for a bigger move, and no offence to Queen's Park, but they aren't it. Looks like you're signing Jason Naismith for that position though, he was not good at all for us but maybe it was just confidence.

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Latest tweet? 

Jason Naismith maybe?

That would rule out Tumilty 

I’d take Naismith for sure if it’s him. Experienced at this level and although it didn’t seem to work out at Killie, on paper at least it seems an upgrade on Doyle 

Just now, qpfc said:

I’d take Naismith for sure if it’s him. Experienced at this level and although it didn’t seem to work out at Killie, on paper at least it seems an upgrade on Doyle 

Yeah Naismith is decent. He actually really reminds me of a younger version of Jason Thomson. Everything about him