The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 hour ago, Spider Rico said:

Yea whilst these young players are important for the future/new structure (and I’m sure the photos ops etc are a nice moment for them and their families), the lack of  news on the senior squad is starting to get a bit frustrating 

I agree. Hopefully we are just waiting for them returning from holidays tomorrow so they can sign up  & get their photies took on their tour of the south side.

fingers very much crossed.

2 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

Yea whilst these young players are important for the future/new structure (and I’m sure the photos ops etc are a nice moment for them and their families), the lack of  news on the senior squad is starting to get a bit frustrating 

Yup. Great moment for the Youth guys but I was hoping for more first team news at this point. Still confident a lot will be announced over the next couple days when pre season begins

I can’t help but feel nervous about the Fox situation the longer it goes without hearing about a new deal. Hope they announce him ASAP 

Edited by qpfc

6 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

I see we now have a page in the Squads section of the club site for apprentices.

"there's only 2 Zach Mauchins"

image.png.38afda70a48abd69df9b17b9dce56b30.png

........ and 2 Lewis Moores in the main squad

Edited by mcjameos
Couldnt see my reply

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

Yup. Great moment for the Youth guys but I was hoping for more first team news at this point. Still confident a lot will be announced over the next couple days when pre season begins

I can’t help but feel nervous about the Fox situation the longer it goes without hearing about a new deal. Hope they announce him ASAP 

I'm hoping the absence of rumours about him going anywhere else is a good sign.

image.png.236d45d9b5e7a84329270b3fbb7fb5d5.png

Edited by Arachnophile

On 15/06/2022 at 18:11, Arachnophile said:

I'm hoping the absence of rumours about him going anywhere else is a good sign.

image.png.236d45d9b5e7a84329270b3fbb7fb5d5.png

If he’s going anywhere else my guess would be back down to SE England. Well off our radar. He’d easily get a game at L2, maybe L1 level and earn more coin. I reckon if we made him skipper it would be safe but maybe someone else is asking for that.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

I’d have been against retaining Murray before the playoffs, but if he’s not there, we’re still in League One. He can deliver a moment and it’s quite hard to capture a player with that knack. Cult hero status forever now. 

Tbf I think there was every right to question whether Murray was worth holding on to prior to the playoffs. Other than a terrific first couple months, he didn’t look his usual self for long periods(I’m going to assume his eventual knee problem may have contributed to that?) Whilst also recognising he was probably the highest earner at the club. At that point in time before the playoffs, you probably weren’t getting value for money from him 

However, what cannot be disputed is how much of an asset he is when he’s fully fit and firing. Murray was unplayable in the playoffs and you could argue he single handedly won us promotion. Not only that, his enthusiasm to get the fans going is brilliant, you just can’t dislike the guy. 

Really hoping he gets a season injury free cause he certainly deserves it 

2 minutes ago, qpfc said:

However, what cannot be disputed is how much of an asset he is when he’s fully fit and firing. Murray was unplayable in the playoffs and you could argue he single handedly won us promotion. Not only that, his enthusiasm to get the fans going is brilliant, you just can’t dislike the guy. 

That energy and general excitement he can create will also have its worth on the training ground.  Someone the Young Team will learn from. 

31 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Couple of guys on our thread saying that you might be signing Adeloye.

Not heard anything about that at our end, been very quiet in terms of signing rumours actually.

Mostly just been various youth team/apprentice players being paraded this week