The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

14 hours ago, qpsnapper said:

I stopped posting because progress slowed to such a slow pace there were no visible changes to the ground (other than the pitch) for most of May.

Went by last night and over the last week or so the foundations for the structures at either end of the east stand look to be almost finished, there's been some panelling added to the facade of the changing room structure and also a few bits and pieces of work on the foundations for the director's gilded palace.

A couple pictures from the phone so not great quality:

193518.jpg

193903.jpg

Cheers Snapper. Keep them coming when you can please. Every picture adds to the story. Much appreciated.

13 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

McHugh to East Kilbride. Didn't see that drop coming I must admit

Screenshot_20220608-205130.jpg

Rumour was he has a new career outside of football so his full-time commitment to the game is over. Presumably his new job allows time for part-time. Still got plenty in him for the Lowland. With a bit more space and time from defenders he’ll do well this season. Nice bloke. Wish him all the best.

18 hours ago, qpsnapper said:

I stopped posting because progress slowed to such a slow pace there were no visible changes to the ground (other than the pitch) for most of May.

Went by last night and over the last week or so the foundations for the structures at either end of the east stand look to be almost finished, there's been some panelling added to the facade of the changing room structure and also a few bits and pieces of work on the foundations for the director's gilded palace.

A couple pictures from the phone so not great quality:

193518.jpg

193903.jpg

Living somewhat distant from Hampden it's good to know of any progress (or even if there has been no further progress). The club do not keep supporters or even members up to date with what is happening. Gone are the days of the regular email update from the club - I miss that.

Anyway, thanks snapper, your photos and updates are more than welcome. Keep 'em coming.

58 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Any news on what's happening with Simon Murray? We were rumoured to have signed him on a pre contract but obviously they count for nothing these days.

We've offered him a new contract. According to his Instagram account he's on holiday right now, so I suppose we'll find out what's going on when he's back.

2 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Savoury inks a 2 year deal with the Spiders..Should be a decent attacking midfield option. 

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/grant-savoury-signs-for-queens-park/

Thought this was a strange wee snippet at the end 

Transfer fee
As usual, Queen’s Park FC does not make any statements about the transfer fee involved in the transfer of Savoury.

😂

Quite out the blue Queen of the South fans seemed to be sure he was there. 

Reading Falkirk thread and I have a funny feeling, for absolutely no reason, that Charlie Telfer will end up at QP too. Just seems to fit the profile of the recent QP signings 

On 09/06/2022 at 10:00, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Rumour was he has a new career outside of football so his full-time commitment to the game is over. Presumably his new job allows time for part-time. Still got plenty in him for the Lowland. With a bit more space and time from defenders he’ll do well this season. Nice bloke. Wish him all the best.

Got 3 in 4 against us last season

He should do very well in the Lowland League. Still only 30. Potential for the leagues top scorer I would say and EK should challenge for the top spots yet again.

4 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Savoury inks a 2 year deal with the Spiders..Should be a decent attacking midfield option. 

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/grant-savoury-signs-for-queens-park/

I think that is a great signing. I liked him when he played against us last season. A few other clubs will be disappointed.

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Transfer fee
As usual, Queen’s Park FC does not make any statements about the transfer fee involved in the transfer of Savoury.

😂

Reading Falkirk thread and I have a funny feeling, for absolutely no reason, that Charlie Telfer will end up at QP too. Just seems to fit the profile of the recent QP signings 

Thought that too. He had 1 year left at Peterhead but a clause in his contract that he could go if offered full time football. Didn't expect a fee to be paid.

Queen's Park love a creative, nimble, attacking midfielder or did last season. Telfer is a decent shout. Someone will sign for him soon.

Building something nice with Thomas as well. A strong DCM / holding midfielder next I feel. 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 minute ago, williebraveheart said:

I wouldn't mind Telfer coming to us as well. With excellent coaching he could be a real winner.

Needs someone in beside him doing the dirty work, we had him trying to do everything last season and therefore didn't get the best out of him.

Edited by FFC 1876

3 hours ago, Zanetti said:

We've offered him a new contract. According to his Instagram account he's on holiday right now, so I suppose we'll find out what's going on when he's back.

I’ve heard that we’re meant to be in for him too. Must have a few options.

9 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I’ve heard that we’re meant to be in for him too. Must have a few options.

He’s a bit of a hoor right enough. I think he’s got an option with us at the moment which hopefully means he’s still in contract with us. Club has spent a few guineas on getting his leg fixed so I’d like to think if he does go we get some coin in return.

45 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Transfer fee

😂

Given the wages that QP are reputed to be offering players, there will be no clubs in the Championship or League 1 that will be able to compete if a player is moving solely for money.

Is it a sustainable model though ? Or is Haughey bankrolling it in the same way Mileson did at Gretna ? Albeit Haughey is considerably richer than Mileson.

What QP do have in their favour is, if they ever decide to play in Glasgow, the potential to tap into the potential support and revenue that playing in Scotlands biggest city brings.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Given the wages that QP are reputed to be offering players, there will be no clubs in the Championship or League 1 that will be able to compete if a player is moving solely for money.

Is it a sustainable model though ? Or is Haughey bankrolling it in the same way Mileson did at Gretna ? Albeit Haughey is considerably richer than Mileson.

What QP do have in their favour is, if they ever decide to play in Glasgow, the potential to tap into the potential support and revenue that playing in Scotlands biggest city brings.

Lee Bullen and Graeme Mathie both came out and said last night that we tried to get Dom Thomas but we couldn't get close to what QP were offering. Mathie didn't seem convinced that what the club are doing is sustainable long term. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Lee Bullen and Graeme Mathie both came out and said last night that we tried to get Dom Thomas but we couldn't get close to what QP were offering. Mathie didn't seem convinced that what the club are doing is sustainable long term. 

Graeme Mathie’s a walloper. 

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Just shows what Mathie knows_____________Hee Haw.