The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

1 hour ago, spiders4ever said:

Well according to the official website we have 11 players. Goalkeeper, 3 defenders, 4 midfield and 3 attackers. So will it be 3 4 3 or 3 4 2 1 next season with no subs?

You would hope there would be a flurry of signing activity over the next few days with the League cup starting 4 weeks on Saturday. 

No sign of anything vaguely flurryish yet.

On another note, I see Hearts have been accepted into the Lowland League which , I guess will make getting Connor Smith back on loan less likely.

1 hour ago, spiders4ever said:

Well according to the official website we have 11 players. Goalkeeper, 3 defenders, 4 midfield and 3 attackers. So will it be 3 4 3 or 3 4 2 1 next season with no subs?

Surely some of the younger guys will be away on loan as well. Possibly even Williamson. Suppose we’ll have to have a proper look at him before that’s decided. Would be some ask to have a guy from the lower reaches of the WOS jump to the second tier and make a lot of appearances. 

2 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

Even of the current squad. Do i see Nicol, Bannon, Yeats or even Moore being involved in any capacity? Probably not since they weren’t considered at all in league 1. Although I think he’ll be involved, I can’t imagine Williamson being thrown in the deep end so soon also. 

Pre season starts back 17th so I’d expect a host of updates over the next 10 days or so regarding the squad … hopefully 

36 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

You would hope there would be a flurry of signing activity over the next few days with the League cup starting 4 weeks on Saturday. 

No sign of anything vaguely flurryish yet.

On another note, I see Hearts have been accepted into the Lowland League which , I guess will make getting Connor Smith back on loan less likely.

I don't think so surely Connor would be better off playing for us. Full-time and in the championship.

8 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

I don't think so surely Connor would be better off playing for us. Full-time and in the championship.

Yip, he'll learn nothing playing in that league. A season in the Championship would be ideal for him and Hearts   Us being promoted will result in a better chance of good loanees coming to us.

16 hours ago, colliedug said:

Guys what's  your take on Michael Doyle will you be expecting him to play in the championship given his age 

Quite disappointed that he was released. Gave his all on and off the park and was the sort of guy you can't help liking. Hopefully he gets a decent contract with someone.

50 minutes ago, Boris the Spider said:

Screenshot_20220608-100135_Facebook.jpg

To their credit, there are the buses we've been all emphasising that need to be in service to an extent. It's still an absolute shocking state of affairs they're needed two years after construction began but here we are.  

On 06/06/2022 at 15:28, Anonymous Spider said:

My sources* tell me Calum Ferrie has re-signed. 

* my wife’s uncle just saw him getting his pictures taken @ Cathkin  

On 06/06/2022 at 15:37, williebraveheart said:

He was already under contract. Must just have wanted his photo took.

Calum Ferrie has extended his contract till 2024.

I'm assuming that means  he's expected to be first choice this season?

1 hour ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Good news on the buses.... good news for members and season ticket holders anyway.

I suppose this is a good incentive to get more members and season tickets... not sure there will be many making that decision until we know when lesser will be ready tho. 

I would wait and see how much membership/season tickets are increased by before saying that this is good news.

4 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

I am quite happy to have Callum as first choice. I think he has all the makings to develop into a first class keeper.

Surprised to read that he is 6' 1", he does not look it on the park.

On 06/06/2022 at 16:48, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Talking of which, QPSnapper hasn't posted any updates on Lesser recently. 🤔 we need to know how the hot tub installation is coming along.

I stopped posting because progress slowed to such a slow pace there were no visible changes to the ground (other than the pitch) for most of May.

Went by last night and over the last week or so the foundations for the structures at either end of the east stand look to be almost finished, there's been some panelling added to the facade of the changing room structure and also a few bits and pieces of work on the foundations for the director's gilded palace.

A couple pictures from the phone so not great quality:

193518.jpg

193903.jpg