The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

“ The latter is what the FSCLR calls the “squad cost rule”. It means a club's outlay on transfers, wages and agent fees cannot exceed 70 per cent of its revenue.”

I am no expert on finances but I am sure most financially prudent clubs would not be doing that anyway

The point I was making was that with a 5,000 capacity stadium and bottom half of that league, Connell is unlikely to get the kind of salary, or even near to, he’s been used to at Celtic.

3 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Out of interest, how has he been for you guys, and are you happy to see him stay?

I ask because I’ve watched him at this level before, and it was a harrowing experience. 

Very happy. He’ll be ever-present next year. One of the most rounded we’ve got and continues to improve. 

55 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The point I was making was that with a 5,000 capacity stadium and bottom half of that league, Connell is unlikely to get the kind of salary, or even near to, he’s been used to at Celtic.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/fleetwood-town-owner-andy-pilley-feels-the-shackles-are-off-as-they-look-to-invest-in-the-squad-3710956

Article there complaining that they were only able to offer £2.5k a week to players last year because they had to pay back a loan so imagine they’ll be able to offer quite a bit more than that now if they really want to 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Very happy. He’ll be ever-present next year. One of the most rounded we’ve got and continues to improve. 

I'm not sure if Yeats is still under contract, but I'd be absolutely looking for a back-up to Robson as well. During the PO Final when it was looking like Robson may have needed to have come off you were terrified as to who'd be the replacement. Be interesting to see if any of the boys in our youth set-up are ready to make the jump up to Championship level; then again....we have got a habit of producing not bad left-backs...

1 minute ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

I'm not sure if Yeats is still under contract, but I'd be absolutely looking for a back-up to Robson as well. During the PO Final when it was looking like Robson may have needed to have come off you were terrified as to who'd be the replacement. Be interesting to see if any of the boys in our youth set-up are ready to make the jump up to Championship level; then again....we have got a habit of producing not bad left-backs...

Yeats is under contract for one more season, but if we didn't trust him enough to be a back up in League One (when we had literally no other cover in that position) then I'll be surprised if he's anywhere near the first team next season. Stenhousemuir fans really rate him though, and he was barely given a chance, the only game I can remember him playing was against Bonnyrigg in the Challenge Cup.

2 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

So, when do we start worrying if they haven't announced that Charlie Fox has signed a new contract?

Fear not: everyone in the mainstream media was convinced that Goldson was off from Rangers back down South and look what's happened.

Hopefully the promise of a crack at the Championship and the potential for career progression from that (see Regan Hendry at Forest Green Rovers, Kieron Bowie at Fulham etc.) convinces Charlie to stick around.

16 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Yeats is under contract for one more season, but if we didn't trust him enough to be a back up in League One (when we had literally no other cover in that position) then I'll be surprised if he's anywhere near the first team next season. Stenhousemuir fans really rate him though, and he was barely given a chance, the only game I can remember him playing was against Bonnyrigg in the Challenge Cup.

Not sure whether another loan or permanent but have heard of various people that Yeats will 100% be at Ochilview again for for the coming season.

Seem to be doing all of the photoshoots around the historic sites. Wonder if it’s just down to the lack of an actual stadium or if it’s going to double up as promo stuff for walking tours etc.

Here ends the most boring bit of speculative musing of pre-season, so far. Sign someone ludicrous, show us the new kit and build a stadium plz. 

1 hour ago, HoustonSpider99 said:

Cameron Bruce?